07/25 - Jaxon - AMPS 65 +1 67 +3 77 + 4 83 +5 104 +7 83 +9 74 PMPS 63 +2 56 +4 43 +5 70 +6 63

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Allison K, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Allison K

Allison K Member

Gave him his 1 unit ....

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Allison. Jason earned a reduction last night with that 49 @+5.
    Next preshot please reduce the dose to 0.75 units.
    Make sure you monitor closely this cycle.

3. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

4. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Jackson is doing really well, Allison. Good luck with the reduction.

5. Allison K

Allison K Member

Still reduce tonight ?? Part of the rise the last hour is a gave him a tiny bit of food (1 tsp)

6. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Yes. He may bounce from the lows of last night but that is part and parcel of the process.

7. Allison K

Allison K Member

Gave him tsp LC food with a tiny amount of MC gravy mixed in

8. Bron and Sheba (GA)

If he was 43 @+4 please give some HC food and test again in 20 mins.

9. Allison K

Allison K Member

I only have LC and MC ... so I mixed them. I thought it WAS HC until a discussion with Bandit's mom last night and I checked the carb level of them (15 & 16 as I recall) ... am going to grab something at least 20% when I shop later this week (gotta wait for my cheque)

10. Bron and Sheba (GA)

If you mix LC and MC that dilutes the MC. I would give another teaspoon of MC only and put 1 drop of either honey or Karo into it.

11. Allison K

Allison K Member

I also gave him food when I tested him at +2 and he was just over 50. but ok

12. Bron and Sheba (GA)

What was he the last time you tested?

13. Allison K

Allison K Member

At +2 he was 56

14. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Then you tested at +4 and he was 43. Is that correct?

15. Allison K

Allison K Member

16. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Ok. Then you need to take action with the 43. With TR the take action number is under 50, so any time you get a number under 50, you need to give some either MC or HC food, depending on how far it’s dropped to bring it up over 50 amd test again in 20 mins to see the BG is coming up. If it’s not over 50 you need to feed again.

17. Allison K

Allison K Member

I already fed LC AND, MC+ honey', will be retesting shortly

18. Allison K

Allison K Member

Ok

19. Allison K

Allison K Member

58 @ 20 mins past when I gave him MC + honey (approximated +4.5 for recording)

From subject (removed for space) +4.5 58

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  20. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Hey Allison would you mind filling the square with the 43 in it as light green please?
    If you get two numbers in one square, always colour the square with the colour of the lower number. Thanks!

I’d test again in about 1 1/2 hours to see the BG doesn’t drop after the MC and honey wear off.

21. Allison K

Allison K Member

Just so I know, where does it say that I need to colour to the lowest number? I saw nothing in the how to use the spreadsheet, just that I would have to manually colour it (and in the case of the sheet I use, I have to also manually enter the US number)

22. Bron and Sheba (GA)

I’m not sure it is written anywhere, but we like you to do that so we can see when we look at the SS as a whole the different colours. And it is easier to pick out where the numbers under 50 are, if they are in the lime green.

23. Allison K

Allison K Member

Then just how was I supposed to know if it is not written anywhere? I apologize but I felt a bit attacked. It seemed like I should have known that that was the convention to be used for multi-entry cells.

24. Allison K

Allison K Member

I do appreciate your jumping in to help. Just on top of the stress I already had, that hit me hard

25. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Sorry if it came across like that. It wasn’t intended at all. We don’t expect you to know everything as it is a big learning process at a stressful time for you. We understand that.

26. Bron and Sheba (GA)

We are happy to help at any time. And I know how stressful it is when you first start seeing green numbers. I was a basket case!
    Keep asking lots of questions. You are doing great.

27. Allison K

Allison K Member

This is the first day of my first reduction as well. He only started insulin June 30.

28. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Stay with the 0.75 U dose. The drop to 43 today would have been influenced by the depot of the 1 unit.
    He is actually doing really well for a newly diagnosed kitty!

29. Allison K

Allison K Member

He was diagnosed back in November. I tried diet first because I could not afford the meds at first. Then I found out about DCIN and that they also help in Canada so went ahead and got the insulin.

30. Bron and Sheba (GA)

That’s great. He’s a lucky kitty.

31. Allison K

Allison K Member

I thankfully know a LITTLE about diabetes (dad and a good friend are diabetics) plus some nursing training myself and had a meter because I am insulin resistant. It is also good that my vet supports home testing with human meters. My only fight with them was them telling me that I did not need to rest prior to the shot (which I know is FALSE), only at the mid cycle. Even on a good day, I at least test 4 times (AMPS/PMPS and +6)

32. Allison K

Allison K Member

Am going to give him his night portion of LC (0.25 can of his Friskies) ... noticed he has dipped a little in the last hour

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  33. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I know it's hard on you to be up late and do so much testing, but Jaxon is looking great! Something good is going on inside that furry little body of his!

Good luck with the reduction! Hopefully he'll keep earning them all the way down to zero!

34. Allison K

Allison K Member

I normally stay up to test @ his +6 (1am EST) but the # of strips is a challenge largely as I have to have the extra funds available to buy them upfront

35. Allison K

Allison K Member

Thankfully his crying in stavation has lessened so that is another good sign,

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  36. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Is Jennifer your Case Manager? If it's truly a problem, let her know. DCIN may be willing to give you the funds up front as long as you provide us with a receipt showing you bought them.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  37. Allison K

Allison K Member

Up to now not been an issue, is just the challenge

Chris & China (GA) likes this.