06/20 Eddie AMPS (oops) +5.5 333 PMPS 342

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jodey&Eddie&Blue, Jun 20, 2024.

1. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Jodey&Eddie&Blue Well-Known Member

Good morning,

Here is yesterday:

I was so tired yesterday after this crazy week that included getting a roof replacement that I did not set my alarm to test Eddie at 4:30am as I usually. Then this morning the furnace/ac people arrived as did the yard people (at the same time!) and I was shepherding Eddie around. Max (dog) was all huffy about the noise and then Eddie suddenly started to actually eat his food out of his bowl! I had the insulin in my hand and gave it to him and then had to talk to the ac/furnace people and missed getting a test. What got me really excited was not only was he eating on his own but there was no tongue twirling and no gagging.

I'm just so happy he ate. I'm sure he'll be fine and we are going to acupuncture this afternoon.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You typically have 20 minutes after the shot when the food has not yet influenced his numbers. Worst case you could have gotten a test then.

It's too late now, but please try to get a test in today. I actually found it interesting to test Neko before acupuncture and after. Neko's acupuncture vet is now my regular vet, but she used to be able to tell roughly what Neko's BG was by how she was doing during acupuncture.

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

So glad Eddie ate on his own without any issues. :cat:

4. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Good luck with the acupuncture and I'm glad to hear there was no
    tongue twirling and no gagging. :bighug::bighug::bighug: