? 06/16 Woody AMPS 97, + 342, dosing advice

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mimik, Jun 16, 2024.

1. Mimik

Mimik Member

Hello again,
    I am trying not to bother anyone so much and getting this sorted out on my own. I guess I'm not sure if I should go higher for Woody's dose, which is 4.5 U's twice daily -- I am not really too sure if these last few days are showing a bounce or ? usually he bounces like a ball -- pattern seems to look a bit different. Okay, and thanks very much,

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Remind me, do you double check any of his Libre green nadirs with a hand held meter?

3. Mimik

Mimik Member

Hi Wendy,
    No -- I have not got the hang ( at all) of doing the ear testing. This being said I have had Denise ( vet tech) at his clinic check the ear prick test against his reads many times and it's not that far off ) the libre sensor I mean. I can find out when this week Denise could train me in this - as I have sincerely tried many times and I am not doing something right. I also go by " his actions and how he seems to be feeling" with the 4.5 dose - he's peeing a lot less, and seems to be more alert and feeling better -- I can tell when he's really not doing well by his day to day actions ---

4. Wendy&Neko

It's most important to try to get a read how the low Libre numbers compare to a hand held meter, as that's where we've seen some big differences.

For now, all you have is the Libre data so we'll have to take it at face value. We haven't seen anything close to that 52 he saw on the 12th. You probably could sneak him up to 4.75 as long as you are around to monitor his results.
    What are you seeing that's off? We like to hear about the 5 P's (peeing, pooing, playing, purring, preening). A cat is a lot more than just their numbers.

5. Mimik

Mimik Member

Yeah, okay -- his playing days ended when he was diagnosed -- he just sleeps, walks around the property, and interacts with his dad and I -- Woody, as we knew him left the building way back when he started to exhibit signs of something seemed wrong ( last year) peeing ( mostly on pee pads, back leg nerve damage hinders stuff for him) he does use a box and go outside, but he likes to pee on the floor ( pads) pooping that's GOOD, he's a great pooper. purring and preening yes for sure. Lately, he just seems more relaxed and life seems easier for him - I am going to agree with you and take him to 4.75 tonight -- I just juiced up the syringe- Wendy We thank you,

6. Wendy&Neko

One day, when he gets more regulated, you'll see your old Woody back. :bighug:

7. Mimik

Mimik Member

Well I sure hope so, And if I don't as long as he feels good, is happy to be with us and his 5 other kitty mates I'll be okay with the simple of that --- as "you" all understand when you take care of these special needs babies the bond is pretty much like crazy glue to your every breath -- Woody is his Daddy's boy -- and he seems to be ( as of last month ) actually spending more time with him, cuddling and following him around - -guess, cause he's not so sick. This makes me SO very happy for him. As ever to always thanks for the bucket of encouragement.

Staci & Ivy, tiffmaxee and Wendy&Neko like this.
  8. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

Awwww. Sending you lots of good wishes for sweet Woody, a real Daddy’s boy. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Mimik

Mimik Member

Hello Ladies,
    I inputted Woody's #'s since yesterday ( evening) I'll hold the 4.75 dose for a few days. Could I ask this -- if I keep taking Woody higher and his numbers don't come down ( or stay higher ) would that mean that his body doesn't like " more" insulin and we settle for something in between? I know you ladies are always saying each cat is different and "know thy cat" and as "always" thanks for helping us out here.

10. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

If the numbers don’t come down or go higher it means more insulin is needed rather than less. His body needs to get used to normal numbers again and then the bounces will happen less often and you will see the nice flat lantus green cycles.

11. Mimik

Mimik Member

Okay Tiff, -- I'll keep you ladies posted, over the next few days and we see what the little man does with this dose change -- Woody sends a pie full of kisses.