06/14 Eddie AMPS 290 PMPS 335 +8 392

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jodey&Eddie&Blue, Jun 15, 2024 at 12:07 AM.

1. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Jodey&Eddie&Blue Well-Known Member

So, here is yesterday:

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/06-13-eddie-amps-257-pmps-333-8-293.291110/#post-3186747

Eddie is still having the gag reflex and odd tongue movements. These are not consistent but when they happen he gets eating adverse.

I'm having this 4 or 5 way conversation with the IM vet and the anesthesiologist from the dental. She wonders if there's a neurological problem. I won't go further with this at the moment. There's been a suggestion here and with one of the vets that a polyp might be the issue. All of these comes down to Eddie needing to have a scoping procedure and possibly a CT scan. It's very difficult here. The IM vet works one day/week and the facilities are overburdened and clinics shortstaffed.

The anesthesiologist is adamant. She texted saying "Have him [the IM vet] start with a physical then CT can follow the oral exam with the scope since they both require anesthesia, may as well do them at the same time. A physical on Monday needs to happen. The increase in the pred dose over the weekend makes sense. Please arrange a face to face for Monday."

There's more to come but I'm just so tired. I have to stop.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

Prayers for you and Eddie, Jodey :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

From the echo report "Recommend avoidance of systemic corticosteroids due to the potential of steroid associated congestive heart failure". The increase in pred was not recommended by the cardiologist. Please monitor his resting respiratory rate very closely. I'm glad the IM is on the case - these complicated cases are what they are good at.

Thinking of you and Eddie this weekend. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Jodey&Eddie&Blue Well-Known Member

Hi Wendy, this is getting so complicated I can't even describe without writing a treatise on One Cat's Experience of Veterinary Medicine. There are so many people involved and I'm the hub connecting the spokes of the wheel. Please see today's (06/15) post for updates on your comments here.