? 06/12 Woody AMPS 52 + 1,131, + 9, 346

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mimik, Jun 12, 2024.

1. Mimik

Mimik Member

I bumped Woody up to 4.5 U’s today —- is it suggested that I keep to this unit dosage for 6 cycles, or is it too high? I did not think the last three days ( prior to today) he was bouncing ? Okay, thanks

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

You are fine to continue with this dose. The Libre sometimes reads a lot lower than an ear prick and the bg did not drop under 50. So hold the dose unless the bg falls under 50. Are you able to check with an ear prick if you get a low bg at shot time to double check?

3. Mimik

Mimik Member

Hi Tiff,
    Hmmm, NO to the ear prick ( yet) I have tried several times, following every video I could get my hands on and I'm not good at it -- this being said I am going to check in with Denise ( my vet tech ) at his clinic, she said she can spend time teaching me -- I have been at the clinic, with Woody on several occasions and had her check the libre against an ear prick test she has done and it's a bit off, yes but pretty much the same. I agree, I need to sort this " not getting it" ear prick test - I have the kit sitting here --- He's got three target spots ( shave) and has to wear a onsie all the time. I am sure he'd rather be naked -- thanks for the advice.