04/01 Butters AMPS 81/+2.5 83/+3.5 76/+5.5 79/+8.5 63

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Butters & Lyla, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Today, still thinking of and holding @JaxBenji Susanne and family close to my heart, as they said goodbye to Jax, Butters's FDMB bestie, yesterday. I think she was channeling him at 4am this morning when she gave me an unexpected wakeup call of incessant meowing, AND she ate all of her overnight snacks without any prompting from me:cat:.

Surf safely, kitties:cat:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
  2. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

3. Butters & Lyla

This is too adorable. I'm sorry for all of your GAs, though:bighug:. Butter(s) is a great name for the kitties and dog.:cat:
    My first kitty was a ginger tabby named Pumpkin. The rest have been pretty much black kitties or tuxies, until Butters. I happened to have a home devoid of cats and my neighbour was looking for somewhere for her to go where she'd be the only child, so I took her in and she never left:). Her name was Meep because she meeps, but it was quickly changed to Butters, though "Meep" remains as a nickname.

4. Cherryl & Mouzer

Cherryl & Mouzer Well-Known Member

Meeps is a really cute name too!
    I have a mixture, variety of colors, blue, gray, silver, black, black and white, ... on and on ahahaahhaa
    But you made me think of all of the gingers! And my own FatBoy was a ginger and white.

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  5. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Thank you for your deep love for us ❤️ give Butters some kisses from me and I hope she continues to eat all of her snacks...I mean that's one part of Jax's legacy she can continue (no need to continue early meowing :cat:) :bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry about the early wake up call. Nice start today. I hope Butters surfs safely.

7. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Good morning Lyla, Butters is looking good this am!!

8. Butters & Lyla

Kisses delivered:bighug:. She sends sandpaper tongue licks back to you. Please excuse her awful breath. Supposedly kitties have better breath with a raw food diet, but not Butters:rolleyes:.
    And yeah...I suggested that she just keep eating all of her snacks and even jump onto a countertop or two in tribute to Jax:joyful:.

Colio and JaxBenji like this.
  9. Butters & Lyla

lol. Yes, probiotics. Today is day two of sprinkling a teeny bit of it into her AMPS snack. So far, so good. I mean, it hasn't changed her BGs and she is still eating the snacks. I imagine that if I'm going to see any kind of change it won't be for at least several weeks at an effective dose.

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  10. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Introducing it slowly is a good idea. If it works well, then it might actually lower her BGs because her tummy will start to feel better. I think probiotics helped Ruby get her week in greens.

11. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

oooooooohhhhh...maybe we could add countertop jumping as an activity at full moon parties.
    :bighug:

12. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Which PB did you end up choosing? Curious minds (mine :p) want to know :)

13. Butters & Lyla

Lol. I chose the Innate Probiotic because it contains a strain that is supposed to help CKD cats specifically, and because it supposedly withstands stomach acid. but it was waaaaay more expensive than others. I got it cheaper through Fullscript, but you need an account through a health practitioner to order from there.
    I had also considered the Now 10-25. With my foggy brain, I cannot remember why I chose Innate over Now, as it also seems to have the strain that's good for CKD. Hmmmmm. There must have been a reason, though.

Wendy and others use Visbiome: https://www.visbiome.ca/
    But I just couldn't get past the cornstarch and other non-medicinal ingredients. I didn't want to take a chance on it, since I wouldn't use it on myself if it didn't work out for butters.

ETA: I read about the probiotic strains that may help CKD cats on Tanya's CRF. The specific one I was mentioning above is Streptococcus thermophilus, just in case anyone sees this and wants to know.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
  14. Cheryl & Jazzy

Cheryl & Jazzy Well-Known Member

So cute :) I had a ginger boy named Punkin. (I was always quick to correct people if they actually said Pumpkin properly, because that wasn't his name. Lol :p) I love ginger kitties

15. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Lyla, glad to hear Butters washed her face today :p, hoping it is a sign of her feeling better and getting better. Hoping her increase will jolt her little body back to her beautiful greens :D. Wishing you both a great day, snacks disappearing into someone’s feeling better belly. :bighug::bighug::bighug: