? 03/31 Mowgli AMPS 360, +3 283, +5 210, +8.5 240 planning dose increase tonight

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jaime & Mowgli, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Jaime & Mowgli

Jaime & Mowgli Member

Last Thread

I apologize for being MIA from here for so long, but I just came back from a long work trip. I had my mom hold off on increasing Mowgli's dose for an extra three days while I was away since I was afraid that she wasn't equipped to supervise Mowgli overnight yet. Anyway, after discussing it with her we went ahead with an increase to 10 units of Lantus last week and then to 11 units. I am back home now and we are on the sixth cycle on 11 units, so I am planning on increasing to 12u unless someone suggests otherwise.

I appreciate anyone who takes the time to look at Mowgli's SS and shares their thoughts.

@Wendy&Neko

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I would have held the 10 units dose an extra day. With nadirs in the blues you can hold 6-10 cycles, I tended to hold a couple cycles longer for low blues. He does seem to be heading down today, possibly bounce breaking? If you don't see low blues today, I think you can increase again.

Looks like it's time to get him in for testing for acromegaly and IAA.

3. Jaime & Mowgli

Jaime & Mowgli Member

Thanks for the advice! I was thinking of giving him some R at +8 (in about an hour) if he starts coming up. That way we can hopefully have a preshot in the low 200s or high 100s tonight. We did that the day of 3/29. Is that a good idea or should we just let the cycle play out?

4. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Welcome back, Jaime! I'm just so glad to see that Mowgli has gotten a lot more yellows and blues lately and not many pink numbers!

5. Jaime & Mowgli

Jaime & Mowgli Member

Thanks Suzanne! I'm just catching up on everyone's kitties. I'm happy to see that Darcy is responding well to Levemir!

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sorry, probably too late to help on the R decision. You probably could have given at +8, though maybe too late now. You'd ideally like to give R when he's on his way back up, but have most of the action out of the way by preshot.

7. Jaime & Mowgli

Jaime & Mowgli Member

It's okay Wendy, thanks for the response. We decided not to give R. However, we tested at +8.5 and sure enough he was already on his way up (tested 240). From the data we have gathered it seems like 0.75R has a duration of about 3 hours on Mowgli, so I am fairly confident we would be fine even if we gave it to him now. But I won't push it. I just hope he doesn't have a preshot in the high 300s.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.