03/29 Butters AMPS 106/+3 90/+5 76

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Butters & Lyla, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

yesterday overnight and early this morning, Butters was quite itchy and scratched quite a bit around her ears and mouth. She has been itchy as of late, so that could be a possible reason as to why the blues are creeping in. Or maybe there is no specific reason for the blues. Who knows.

I'd really like to attempt to rid her of the blues and higher greens before I attempt to shave her dose down. I might have to bring her insulin dose up, first. I think it makes sense to see how it goes for at least a couple more days at this dose. She did have a 61 two days ago, after all. So...patience pants time I think:joyful:.

Have a good day, all.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry about the itching. I hope it clears up soon. Those blues are just barely blue and still within normal numbers. I don't think you need to increase the dose. It looks like Butters earned the reduction by staying in normal numbers for seven days.

Butters & Lyla and JOJI and Kit like this.
  3. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

It's so hard to understand where these blues come from. Not sure what you should do with the dose, but I know that it took Ruby 9 days on .5 for the blues to start going away at preshot, and even then they've crept in for reasons known and unknown. These cats keep us on our toes. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Hope the itchies go away. :bighug:

4. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

I hope it's the pair where two people can fit :joyful::joyful::joyful:

Sorry about the itching :( I'm sure the patience pants may come in handy for figuring out the cause there too :bighug: Hugs mama bean :cat:

5. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

OH BOY.... Do I ever need some patience pants too. I think I always am casting off my patience pants and then picking them back up again. Right now, I'm being FORCED to wear them against my will as Darcy is transitioning from Lantus to Levemir.

I hope Butter's itching goes away! I have a few cats here who have been having itching problems, and I have no idea why. And they are over grooming their fur as a result. Some of them have little scabbies on them. No fleas. Changed food over to make sure it wasn't food. No idea what's going on.

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

7. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

Healing prayers Itchy go away!!:bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. Butters & Lyla

Hop on in!:joyful: I picked the roomiest pair I could find.
    I guess that's what the itching is: an allergy to...something:banghead:. She has never had an allergy until now. I think that I hope it's food related because if I have to keep my windows closed all allergy season, both Butters and I will be very unhappy. lol. Thanks for the article.

JaxBenji likes this.
  9. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

Adrienne & Molly (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice numbers enjoy your evening :bighug:

10. Margaret (and Pearl)

Margaret (and Pearl) Well-Known Member

Pearl didn't have allergies until last Spring, and then they came on with a force. Her entire face swells up wihtout her allergy medications (drama queen). Hope you get the itching figured out easily. Butters does look lovely!

11. Butters & Lyla

I'm curious, though. Why would butters be decreased but Henry keeps getting increased? For example, between 02/28 and 03/04 all of Henry's numbers were 106 and lower, yet then Robert took an increase. He didn't even wait for the full seven days to see if Henry stayed in that range. If I look at the past five days for Butters, she has been 113 and below. Why would it be a decrease for her but an increase for Henry? Something to do with his blues being mainly at preshot times? If so, why?

I'm just not experienced enough to be able to understand why he'd keep going up in dose but we are supposed to go down in dose. My thought process for thinking of trying an increase is the idea that we want to eliminate all blue numbers and get the cat mainly between 50-80, no?

JOJI and Kit likes this.
  12. Butters & Lyla

I'm so sorry you're going through this with Pearl. I hope her allergies aren't as bad this year! Did you get her allergy tested? How did you figure out what she is allergic to?

13. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

What about trying a F.75 to see if you can bring her overall numbers down a little. She’s almost all green and look at the beautiful PMPS. She sure doesn’t look like she needs an increase to me though.

14. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

sorry to hear about the butters itchies.
    hope she feels better soon :bighug:

15. Katherine&Ruby

FWIW, I don't think Robert is asking anyone for advice as to what to do right now because he went down the dosing ladder by reducing after MOSTLY greens for 7 days while still having a lot of blue preshots so now he's chasing the numbers as far as I can tell. Also, he has not had a single drop below 50 since Christmas. Henry is a little more resistant to the insulin than Butters I think so it might not be an apples to apples comparison.

16. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

17. Katherine&Ruby

JOJI and Kit likes this.
  18. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about Henry. I know you can't compare what happens with one cat to another. Reducing after seven days in normal numbers is if the numbers are mostly green, which Butters has been. However, it is your decision. :bighug: