03/19 Blue AMPS 243 +4 171 +6.5 175 PMPS 248 +6.5 175

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jodey&Eddie&Blue, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Jodey&Eddie&Blue Well-Known Member

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

When following SLGS, you hold the dose 7 days before considering a change. How low do you think this dose is taking him?

3. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

It's been really difficult to tell as I've been trying to give his ears a break! They are getting better but have been tender. I've been able to get some +7s with him and I think its safe to say the lowest has been 124 on March 15th.

Given that he's on Day 6 of this dose and will be finished the ear medication tomorrow (vet recheck Tuesday), it might be a good idea to leave him at 7.5 because his daily Prednisolone will be reduced after tomorrow...(at least if the infection has cleared and I think it has).

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If the infection has cleared (which is great) then maybe a poke today? But I agree, I would hold off the increase, especially if you can't test nadirs.

Jodey&Eddie&Blue likes this.
  5. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Got AM +4 171, which seems to be the rule not the exception. So, I'll get another test around +7 or +7.5.

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope the infection has cleared up. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Jodey&Eddie&Blue likes this.
  7. Jodey&Eddie&Blue

Only one more day on the ear medication. Can't wait to stop giving him extra Prednisolone. :cat: