02/03 Chico 124 AMPS; 101@4; 248 PMPS; 74@4

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marina & Chico, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Marina & Chico

Marina & Chico Well-Known Member

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

The dose doesn't matter :) If you can monitor shoot!

Marina & Chico likes this.
  3. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Morning, as long as you have supplies, and xan monitor you can shoot.
    If you want to wait 20 Mon and see where he is at that is fine too.

4. Marina & Chico

we already fed him, so we will shoot. I guess anyway he will bounce since he was all night so low

Gill & George likes this.
  5. Marina & Chico

thank yo for your quick reply

6. Bandit's Mom

He could either bounce or give you some green since last night he broke the bounce and has headed lower till AMPS. Maybe a repeat of the PM cycle of 23/2? :)

7. Gill & George

Marina I just saw the +.5

If you need to reach for higher carb. Perhaps just add a drop of honey to the 6%
    That way you avoid having to introduce foods that you'll be wondering later if they are affecting his tummy.

8. Marina & Chico

Was considering it as well, thanks for the idea.

We are extremely erratic in the foods we are giving him, i know :( but we keep on second guessing our decisions. Now we are going back to the hypoalergenic kattovit (we are doing it in more gradually), because Cosma contains Cassia gum which is in itself a possible cause for IBD... So today we transition to kattovit and tomorrow we will gradually start introducing the homemade (if i will be successful in preparing it) :blackeye::blackeye: Poor little Chico for having to go thru all our indecisions

9. Gill & George

Are you doing a homemade raw diet or a homemade cooked diet?
    Thrive is expensive, it's not the only food George get's he just gets one tin a day. Once you have Chico figured out it might be an option as an occasional meal. (George only get's thrive for breakfast), I have all my cats on a rotation of a number of different flavours and brands, but not homemade, I am considering it for one of my cats who is CKD and has heart trouble.
    The only procedure George has had was removal of all but his canine teeth, his mouth was in a bad way and making him very ill. But nothing other than that.
    The IBD website @Wendy&Neko linked for you is a very good resource for IBD. A number of our IBD and FD kitties use that site for info and advice (well their CG do:))

Wendy was telling me that she transitioned her Neko from canned to a homemade raw in two days, so it just depends on if the kitty would go for it.
    I'm glad she posted about her experience with IBD both with her Neko (who also had FD) and with her non FD kitty.

I'm sure you will get there, with FD there is a lot of new things to learn, and having to deal with the possibility of IBD/food intolerance and figure that out as well must be overwhelming.

You asked about the 6.5% affecting his BG/insulin needs over the last few days when that has been the only food he has been given, in theory it shouldn't make a huge difference to his BG, but that can depend on the cat, some are more carb sensitive than others. After last nights cycle, where you fed 2% for his snacks instead of 6.5% his BG came down. Something to watch, it may just be a coincidence.

10. Marina & Chico

it is from catinfo webpage, it is not raw since it is baked for a bit, nonetheless it is raw inside. My husband only accepting us feeding this because it is not completely raw. Maybe when we manage Chico's IBD a bit better we will be able to add more foods into his diet, from what i read, it is good to change foods.

i already started reading articles on it, it is very good and i am happy someone from FDMB recommended it, it is in line with managing diabetes.

i am as well very happy she posted her experience, it is very helpful for us.

we are only able to "digest" IBD because we started being more comfortable with diabetes. we should have addressed the diarrhea more seriously already earlier but it was an overwhelming period. We just hope it is not too late.

That is the same first thought we had today in the morning, it is not a big difference from a diabetes management point of view but maybe it is for Chico... we will see how will he cope today

Gill & George likes this.
  11. Marina & Chico

We measured 97 @ 2.5; our standard feeding time is only at +4, should we let him be and measure in half an hour or better feed him now?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    Gill & George and Bandit's Mom like this.
  12. Bandit's Mom

Feed him a little of the +4 meal now

Gill & George and Marina & Chico like this.
  13. Marina & Chico

Thanks, we gave 10g of 2%, will measure in 30 min

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  14. Gill & George

I agree with Bhooma
    good plan

Marina & Chico and Bandit's Mom like this.