01/24 Fortune AMPS 331 dose increase?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by RachelG, Jan 24, 2021.

1. RachelG

RachelG Member

Good morning!

Previous post

We increased Fortune’s dose to 2.25 IU on Wednesday 1/20/21, and I think it may be time for another increase to 1.5.

One snafu - we forgot to give his shot on time, so DH shot him about an hour after the normal time. Just when we were starting to get a regular look at his cycle :banghead:

His purr is still MIA, but he is still cuddly and lovey as ever. Back to sleeping with me through the night, and making most of his jumps.

I do have some good news - his weight has gone up a smidge, almost half a pound!! Thank goodness!

We are still trying to figure out a rabbit food that he will devour, and have been resorting back to Fancy Feast chicken since he wasn’t finishing. Going to keep trying different brands - we have tried Rawz, Instinct, and Koha with no luck.

and he isn’t a particularly picky kitty - he will finish most of it, but with his weight so low I want him to finish. Meanwhile he will try to grab a bite of pizza :D

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I use Small Batch Raw frozen. I dint think it’s available except on tge west coast of tge US though. It’s not the favorite protein for one of mine so I mix it with other proteins. With IBD/scl you can’t do that. Primal makes raw venison both freeze dried and frozen which my cat with skin allergies loves. If a novel protein for Fortune you might try it.
    I would not let the let shot deter the increase. I think it’s needed.

Diane Tyler's Mom and RachelG like this.
  3. RachelG

RachelG Member

Appreciate the suggestion. We had been in raw until his dx of SCL, he was vomiting it frequently after being on it since he was dx with IBD. I think he didn’t like that it was cold from the fridge vs room temp. Our vet also wasn’t/isn’t a fan of raw. Do you just thaw it in the fridge and they eat it cold?

Thanks for confirming the dose increase, helpful to have the gut check!

4. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Don't you mean an increase to 2.5?
    I'm glad he put on some weight :bighug:

RachelG likes this.
  5. RachelG

RachelG Member

i just checked and my pet store has it!

Oof I need more caffeine! I actually meant 2.5IU, we have been going up in .25 increments since his BG is under 200 at the lowest according to the TR protocol post.

Diane Tyler's Mom and tiffmaxee like this.
  6. tiffmaxee

Good catch. I was concentrating on whether it was time to increase.

RachelG and Diane Tyler's Mom like this.
  7. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Good luck with the increase Rachel , kisses for Fortune :bighug::cat:
    Have a good day

RachelG likes this.
  8. tiffmaxee

Tge venison I feed is Primal. Mocha loves it anti-jinx.

RachelG likes this.
  9. RachelG

RachelG Member

I’ll check it out! We haven’t tried venison before. Do you feed it straight out of the fridge?

10. tiffmaxee

I take out the daily portion out of the freezer the night before and put it in the fridge. My girls are small so it’s 3 logs. I add a little water so it’s not super cold. It’s gone in under a minute. They are young and the best eaters I’ve ever had.

11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

There is also Ziwipeak for novel proteins canned food.

Neko inhaled her raw too. I added a bit of warm water to take the edge off. She could finish her meal in 30 seconds.

RachelG likes this.
  12. tiffmaxee

Mocha is dine that fast too. Chai takes longer so I have to guard against Mocha stealing. Lol.

RachelG likes this.