? 01/23 MISSY PMPS 349, +2.5 176

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Missy & Tammy, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Missy & Tammy

Missy & Tammy Well-Known Member

I haven't posted at all today. Missy had a good day. Been coasting in the yellow most of the day until PMPS and then she shot up to 349. Now at +2.5 she's dropped to 176.:eek:

I got the results of her abdominal ultrasound today. Basically everything checked out good. Her pancreas was in good shape. The only thing they noted was very mild inflammation in either her small or large intestine (I think small). Also very slightly enlarged lymph nodes. Soooooooo, I don't know maybe IBD but vet is thinking food allergy maybe. Her vet wants to treat it with food first but said hypoallergenic kibble would be best :eek: Im thinking to myself... kibble??? No not a chance. So here we go again back to learning all about all this and what could be going on with her.

For tonight.... and her drastic drop from 349 to 176.... any thoughts on what I may be in for tonight? Do you think I will have to be up all night testing every hour?

At what point in time and at what BG number should I be offering some MC food? I want to prepare myself seeing its getting late and people might be sleeping.

Thanks for your help! :)

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...162-3-115-4-97-5-5-106-7-126-pmps-392.241879/

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I would try feeding her a low carb canned protein she has never eaten before, a novel protein. See if that helps. The big drop might lead to a bounce. I’d test in two hours.

3. Missy & Tammy

What would a novel protein be? I have never heard of this before. I don't know if I have a protein she's never had before :arghh:

4. Missy & Tammy

I have
    - ocean whitefish & tuna FF pate
    - seafood Feast FF pate
    - cod, sole & shrimp Feast add pate

If she’s had these it’s been several weeks and she only had maybe one time. Would one of these work?

5. tiffmaxee

I feed one of mine venison. There’s also lamb, bison, rabbit, to name a few.

6. Missy & Tammy

Darn I don’t have any of those. I will have to get some tomorrow. Just out of curiosity I tested after 30 min to see how fast she’s dropping and she’s now @ +2.75 156 (was 176 @ +2.25)

7. tiffmaxee

She’s got a long way to go before the take action number of 50. Kangaroo is another. If you try that you can’t feed anything but that protein fo a month or two to see if it helps. If she eats one of the proteins she’s had before it ruins the trial. It’s easier to do if you feed raw. Read tge canned labels carefully. Kangaroo is sold in Canada.

8. Missy & Tammy

Ok sounds good. :)