01/17 Gus AMPS 241, +8 320 PMPS 239, +4.5 266, +6 230

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gus the Furminator, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Gus the Furminator

Gus the Furminator Well-Known Member

<< Previous

Another Monday… this mornings amps wasn’t exactly the low I was looking for, or thinking we’d get, maybe we’ll slide down today

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  2. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

I hope you and that adorable Gus have a great day and that he comes down from the lemon tree.

Gus the Furminator likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Gus slides down today.

4. Gus the Furminator

Hope this is the high (320 @ +8) before the low, c’mon back down buddy, I know you like to dive from the high boards.. but don’t be silly ;)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  5. Gus the Furminator

@Bandit's Mom and anyone taking a peek in here :)

So I know we briefly discussed possibly waiting a bit longer on bounce cycles before increases.. but we are reaching increase territory in the next few days.. though he’ll probably prove me wrong.. which I’m ok with.

Thoughts on me starting the new pens and ditching his old vial? I’m a bit concerned that the new pen might be a little more potent … should I be? This will be my first time starting a new insulin vial (pen) after about 6months on the 10ml and I’m not sure how he’ll react. My thoughts are to start the new pen before he gets an increase. Wouldn’t mind some feedback on this :)

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  6. Gus the Furminator

Here’s how much I have.. it’s at the bottom of the label. Not sure how long that will last but I’m willing to chuck it out and start the pen..

upload_2022-1-17_19-44-33.jpeg

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Most of the time starting a new pen doesn't affect numbers, but if you're worried you can start the new pen now and inrcease the dose later. That way you'll know for sure if his numbers change what caused it.

8. Gus the Furminator

Good point. Thanks Carla! It was just that I’ve had the 10ml vial for almost 6 months now, so I wasn’t too sure if it wasn’t as potent.. this is kinda the reason I decided to go with the pens this time.

9. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

His numbers don't look like insulin is a problem. Hopefully tonight is the night he breaks that bounce and that +8 is the high before he does!
    If he decides to clear the bounce tonight, you won't know if it's that or the new pen that's giving you the good numbers. LOL.

10. Gus the Furminator

Well that doesn’t help, lol, but I get what you’re saying.

Ya, I’m not concerned about the current insulin as he proved me wrong in thinking it was losing its efficiency - like a few days after I questioned it..

Guess I’ll continue on with this one and change when I need it.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  11. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

Hmm, if I had to guess, I'd guess he will clear that bounce tonight so I hope you are well rested LOL!:joyful::bighug:

12. Gus the Furminator

Well rested? What is that?! Haha.

266 @ +4.5… maybe not tonight but Gus likes to climb the ladder before he dives so I might wake up to a low, maybe even an AM green cycle for a change!? :)

13. Bandit's Mom

If you are up, get another test before bed. One really never knows with him.
    Let me put out a dose increase threat for tomorrow morning and see if that gets him going!

14. Gus the Furminator

I’m on my last 50 strips probably more like 40… gotta head out tomorrow. we got about 50cm (or more) of snow this morning it’s a mess out there - I hate not having more than 50… am I crazy or overly prepared!? Lol

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  15. Bandit's Mom

Most of the people I know think I'm crazy that I test my cat at least 4 times a day. LOL. I have a few hundred strips. Went a little overboard thanks to a deal/sale. LOL.

16. Gus the Furminator

Haha, a few hundred!? Ok, you might be the crazy one ;) jokes. I usually have just over 100 in the house .. When I’m on or going on my last 50 I buy another 100 pack… I’ve been slacking

But oh my gosh! Strips go on sale!?! When and where!? I’ve been looking on eBay but not the best deals, shipping takes a bit and I’m just not sure about them.

17. Bandit's Mom

I'm in India, remember? :)

I believe you get good deals for strips on Ebay in Canada. That's what I've read here. And I see the Bravo meter is back in stock:
    https://diabetesexpress.ca/products/bravo-meter?_pos=1&_sid=2f1362b3b&_ss=r

18. Gus the Furminator

Well then, I’ll move to India, looking for a roomie? ;)

I’ll keep looking on ebay. I want to do the bravo but I’m so stuck on loving the small sample size the freestyle lite allows.. without it, some days, I’d be poking many time if I didn’t have the .3ul - he bleeds well but it’s not always a big drop, I’m amazed that I get a reading some pokes.. and if he pulls away I can never seem to milk anymore blood from that poke and have to poke again.

Might not hurt to try the bravo though… see how it goes - maybe I’m getting more blood than I think. I do have the Contour one next meter, I think it’s the same blood sample size - I could test it and see if it’s even worth it. The freestyle saved our sanity at the beginning of testing

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  19. Bandit's Mom

You can move here with Gus and poke and shoot both Gus and Bandit. I will enjoy Canada and sleep. What say? ;)

20. Gus the Furminator

I’d have to bring my other cat, Ruby, that actually looks a lot like Bandit… she barely tolerates Gus (or anyone but me for that matter), I adopted her at age 7 and she was not very socialized before that. Not sure how she’d deal with a look alike.. she’s the real boss around here - I’ll see what she says ;)

upload_2022-1-18_0-42-0.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
    carfurby (GA) and Bandit's Mom like this.
  21. Bandit's Mom

Gosh! She does look like Bandit - who is scared of her own shadow. So Ruby can boss her around.

Looks like Gus isn't doing anything tonight. Increase tomorrow AM?

22. Gus the Furminator

Ruby might like that… maybe Gus and Bandit could tag team and share some of their sugar to sweeten her up :smuggrin:

Dang, I was hoping that threat was just to scare him. If we don’t get a low number in morning, will increase to 3.75

Bandit's Mom likes this.