01/16 Blaze PMPS/146, +1/126, +2/77, +3/86, +4/90. +5/76

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Blaze and Paola, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Blaze and Paola

Blaze and Paola Well-Known Member

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Of course he gives you a green nadir the day before you return to work to make you more nervous if even possible. How about freezing some food and putting out a frozen cube right before you leave for him as I know he won’t use the auto feeder? I ordinarily would say do this with a higher carb on days you think he might drop but he’s so unpredictable. :banghead:

Blaze and Paola likes this.
  3. Blaze and Paola

That is the exact thing I thought when I looked at the meter :banghead::banghead:
    I have bought some ice cube containers and I will freeze some medium carb which I will leave out for the day.
    But again....I wish he had some sort of a pattern. The only thing I know that is consistent with him is that when he is lower, he eats. He can self regulate well....whichever food is out he goes and eats a lot of it. Plus the cerenia is a God send.
    I have changed the cerenia time to the evening now that school is starting.
    Too many things to do at 5 am....test, feed, shoot, give cerenia to one cat, chemo to the other...I can hardly remember my own name at that time in the morning :arghh:
    So it will be chemo pill morning (Ash) and Cerenia pill evening (Blaze).
    Plus Ash is a champion at taking pills, Blaze not so much because he is not used to it.

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Good plan. When I was working and had my cancer kitty who needed lots of meds and fluids I did as much as possible at night. Max fortunately didn’t start to have issues until after Tiffany passed away.

5. Blaze and Paola

Yes it's so hard to care for them but we do what we can :):cat::cat:

6. Blaze and Paola

Blaze likes to play with my emotions....look at his PMPS!

7. Blaze and Paola

He is definitely on the move tonight...if he has a similar low AMPS (146 or less) tomorrow before I go to work (it actually could be a snow day here and I am praying it is! It means schools are closed for students and staff. We stay all home and teachers post asynchronous work for the kids), should I give him less, maybe 1.25U instead?

8. Blaze and Paola

When I try to mix medium carbs to his regular food, he doesn't eat it. He is into his 7% at least. His regular one is 4%. He ate two table spoon at least of it after the +2 reading BUT I had to put him in front of the bowl because he was sleeping when i tested him and he didn't want to move. This is making me even more nervous about not being here. He usually goes on his own at least once every hour.

9. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Tomorrow will most likely be a snow day. Sorry you have to go back into the classrooms. :bighug: