01/14 Fortune AMPS 202 +3 320 PMPS 182

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by RachelG, Jan 14, 2021.

1. RachelG

RachelG Member

After yesterday's ordeal, it looks like Fortune might bouncing from the missed dose, and second shot. Poor bunny is such a trooper. We were able to do the +3 BG test while he was snuggled on my lap :cat: Not even a meow when he got pricked.

Very relieved his numbers came down this morning - I was freaking out last night. Thank you @tiffmaxee @Wendy&Neko and @Diane Tyler's Mom for your help and support.

We are officially at the 1.75 IU mark. Vet wants us to get to 2 IU since we are dosing up the pred, and is very encouraging regarding the at home testing.

He is open to looping in an internist - the one we consulted with in 2018 moved, but he is looking into one he knows. He is also going to consult an oncologist about pulsed chlorambucil.

We confirmed with him that Fortune does have diabetic neuropathy (thank you to this group for clueing us in to what was going on!), and he feels confident that it will improve as his BG does.

My heart hurts that we messed up twice in one week for Fortune - first with the dose differences, then with the skipped doses yesterday. He finished most of his breakfast, but I hope the higher dose of pred gives him a stronger appetite.

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Very encouraging. Pokie break now until PMPS. :bighug:

RachelG likes this.
  3. RachelG

RachelG Member

Thank you! Vet wrote me two long emails, so I feel much better on that front as well.

At least we know we messed up - just this time last week we were still blind.

I was thinking of doing to +6 and +9 because of the new dose, and the scare. His poor earies. :arghh:

4. tiffmaxee

It doesn’t look like the increase will do much this cycle but if you want get the +6 and then decide if you need any more tests.

5. RachelG

RachelG Member

Yeah, it's concerning. It has never gone up this much following a shot before! Could it be a "bounce?"

6. tiffmaxee

I don’t think it’s a bounce. I think it’s the skipped shot and perhaps new dose wonkiness. Patience pants get passed around here a lot. While I don’t discourage anyone from testing, days like this are a good time to take a pokie break. :bighug: How about one more and then do something for you?

RachelG likes this.
  7. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

https://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-vitamin-b-12-methylcobalamin-5000-mcg-100-capsules-6
    For neuropathy

Alot of members use this , I use it myself you can buy it on line from Vitacost
    Vitamin B-12 Methylcobalamin -- 5000 mcg - 100 Capsules
    It's 17.99 just be sure this is the one you buy
    Some us Zobaline , but it's expensive
    This is the same thing
    The only difference is the Zobaline has 200 mcgs of folic acid
    So I buy the folic acid at the supermarket and crush it up and add it to the B-12
    If you can't find the 200 mcg get the 400 mcg and cut it in half
    The Vitacost brand is a capsule so just open it and pour the powder on the wet food
    Has no taste, no need to crush it up
    The Zobaline is 33.99 for 60 pills, too expensive
    I saw a big improvement I'd say 3 months, could be sooner. One capsule a day.
    Once you get your kitty better regulated the B-12 methyl will help

Vitamin B-12 Methylcobalamin -- 5000 mcg - 100 Capsules

8. RachelG

RachelG Member

That sounds like a good plan. Fortune has also been through a lot the past few days, so I'm sure he'll appreciate that break. Thanks for the wisdom. Patience pants are definitely needed. Good time to use my meditation practice too. It has been sorely neglected lately!

Thanks Diane! We ordered it on Friday when you recommended it. He is currently on subQ B12 and a bunch of other meds, so I'm a bit nervous about introducing more things into his system. Did regulating the BG help at all?

9. Diane Tyler's Mom

Y
    Yes regulating his BG will help
    Any excess of the Methyl B-12 they don't need he will pee out.
    No taste at all, and I know some don't even ass the folic acid and it still helped

10. Diane Tyler's Mom

Don't know if it was mentioned before if his ears look sore
    Put a thin layer of Neosporin Ointment with pain relief on them
    NOT THE CREAM

11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

What time of day are you giving the pred? You might want to track it. Although cats vary on how to respond to it, you might notice a pattern. We had one members whose kitty had to be on pred, but she used it to her advantage. She knew that her kitty would go up a couple hours after pred and stay there for several hours. That meant she knew it was safe to go to work after giving pred and any lower numbers would be at night when she was at home.

RachelG and Diane Tyler's Mom like this.
  12. RachelG

RachelG Member

Oh, that is interesting! We give all of his pill right before we feed at night. Right now our new routine is BG test, meds (pm only), food.

13. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Looks like Fortune is starting to get over his skipped shot. Nice PMPS. :cool:

RachelG and Diane Tyler's Mom like this.