01/07 Chanel AMPS 143, +6 20 PMPS 236

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Laura & Chanel, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Laura & Chanel

Laura & Chanel Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/01-06-chanel-amps-104-pmps-84.241078/

I am confused and feel helpless. She was in the closet most of the night and when I woke up, she was still there. No idea what is happening but I hope to receive some good news today.
    If everything is coming down to a food allergy, I know I can handle that. It may take time for her to find something she liked, but hopefully is just a food issue that gives her all those unpleasant symptoms (IBD).

2. Laura & Chanel

Laura & Chanel Member

Just checked her BG and it is a 20 value. I know it might be a little higher than that but OMG! She is just not eating if she does not like the food. So I grabbed chicken pate and gave it to her, I hope she is actually not allergic to chicken. Otherwise, I ended up doing more of a bad thing than good. Oh man...:(

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yikes on the 20! :eek: That low that early in the cycle, you should be reaching for karo or honey.

I don't see any data on the 2021 tab, I hope Chanel is OK.

Gill & George likes this.
  4. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Hope you and Chanel are OK.

5. Laura & Chanel

Laura & Chanel Member

I gave her food with gravy and anything she would like to eat. Chanel is very stubborn and if she does not like the food, she does not eat. Also, she does not beg for food if she knows she will receive the type of food she doesn't like. I know that some will say that it is all in my mind, but it is not. Since two days ago, she gave up on eating 5-6 breakfasts in the morning, probably because she grew to hate the fish or at least the foods I gave her (it was not only one for every meal).
    Now, she seems ok, her ears look bad and red from previous pricking which should have healed since we check her BG only twice a day.
    I hope the vet calls today with some good news and some relief for my head. I have a headache and a heartburn since I saw that BG value and I cannot say enough how much I want this to be solved even if it means to increase her insulin dose (because of the gravy food) or for me to feed her every hour just to make sure she stays within range. Whatever it takes.

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Chanel came up for you. I hope you get some answers from the vet today. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Laura & Chanel

Laura & Chanel Member

I am scared. Thank you all for your good thoughts.

8. Wendy&Neko

With a 20, that means an automatic reduction, not an increase.

9. Laura & Chanel

Laura & Chanel Member

She refused to eat the fish food and that accounts toward her low BG. She was used to eat like 10 meals a day and then for the past three days she did not want to eat more than 2-4 times a day. That is a considerable decrease in food intake and although it would mean a dose reduction...if she decides to go back to eating her frequent meals...she may need a dose increase since the new food is at least 10% carbs (the gravy one is even higher in carbs).
    I put her next to me in bed to keep an eye on her and trying to feed her every hour now with whatever she likes no matter the carbs.

10. Wendy&Neko

I would still lower her dose in case you cannot get food in her. Then raise it back up if her appetite improves. It's just too dangerous if that dose can get her in the 20's and you are doing limited testing.

11. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Did you give honey/karo? And did you test again?

12. Laura & Chanel

Laura & Chanel Member

She ate chicken and beef, the ones I thought made her IBD coming back. We shall see, still waiting for the test results. No need for testing again and I wish to avoid that since her ears look all bloody. I think that the transdermal Flagyl does not let her ears healing properly and I hope that the vet will have more info about the IBD situation and if we need to continue with the Flagyl (now it is practically every day, once a day and the cream is applied in the internal triangle of the ear).
    @Wendy&Neko nothing will make me happier than decreasing the damn dose! just to think she was in double digits at 0.10 BID. Not sure what set up the whole thing but definitely the kidney infection was among the factors. Also waiting for the vet to tell me what are the findings for the stool sample (white clay-like that was the same for at least a month; we hoped it was the food color, but we decided to verify even further).
    The pancreatic enzymes are here, the vet approved them in advance in case Chanel developed EPI.

13. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Hi Laura,
    I agree with Wendy a drop in the 20's needs a reduction.
    I know she is in yellow at pmps, but that is just a bounce from having dropped so low.
    What did you shoot? If you shot 0.25u, reduce it at the very next shot.
    I always remember Jill saying 'a cat can be overdosed on just one drop of insulin '

Do you think you could update the SS please? Thank you

If she is not eating well then you need to adjust the dose since it seems even just 0.25u is taking her too low.
    When I look back she had a drop in the 30's on 12/26 but you still held the dose, that should have been an immediate reduction as well.
    She may not have been feeling well if her BG has been running too low, although some cats get hungry others can feel sick and go off their food. If she is feeling week it may explain her hiding in the cupboard.

I hope you are both well

Wendy&Neko likes this.