01/06 Chanel AMPS 104 PMPS 84

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Laura & Chanel, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Laura & Chanel

Laura & Chanel Member

I am not sure what the vet did to her but last night she was 142 (morning amps was 233) and today's amps 104. Maybe she should go to the vet more often (she got fluids, that's all, not even a mani-pedi). True, they are Fear Free certified, so she gets to be examined while the nurse is holding and petting her (they tell me every time she enjoys is and yesterday she even walked for them, which usually she does not do).
    Anyway, I do not think it is pancreatitis. She was tested before several times and always came back negative. True, an exact score may be helpful so I will ask the doctor to do one in February when she has her dental. The results will be in today or tomorrow (EPI, GI senior panel). We already have the pancreatic enzymes for EPI coming (the vet approved it in advance, not to waste time waiting).
    They already tested the urine and it is perfectly clear (no kidney infection) and no sugar, nor ketones. This morning I need to go and give them a stool sample as well.
    Her general mood last night was ok, not great but she was holding her head up in a leonine pose and giving us a blue innocent look. I joined her in bed and probably 10 minutes later we were both snoring belly up.
    I am still concerned about her bowels (color and consistency) and I hope they will look better soon. We have to fix her health issues and then start a diet because she reached 18 LBS. The doctor said that for now, weight is not a concern but after she gets back to her old self, to try decrease little by little the food intake.
    I wanted to thank you all for guiding me once more through this crisis. Her diabetes journey can still be a good one (she was at 0.10 BID a month ago, now back to 0.5 BID) after solving the new health issues.
    I need to update her SS, but with my crazy work schedule, I barely have time to do anything else. I will try this weekend and also post her medical records as well.
    I will keep you posted.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

About testing for pancreatitis, if she’s not showing symptoms the test will be negative. So I would not test for it unless she has symptoms.

4. Laura & Chanel

Laura & Chanel Member

Still waiting for the vet to call us about the results. Meanwhile, Chanel is not eating much. She did not ask for her usual 5 breakfasts so I am not sure if this is because she is not feeling ok or figured out that too much food is bad for her poor body. she is quiet and did not go in the closet today. Maybe it is like the vet said and the weather is also giving her the blues. Maybe she saw her 18 lbs on the scale and she realized that in order to have a summer bod she needs to start dieting. I am trying to be funny because I want to forget about the stress of waiting for her results.

5. Laura & Chanel

Laura & Chanel Member

The vet called but they do not have the results just yet except the B12 levels are ok. Chanel is still mostly sleeping and my guess is she started her own dieting taking into account the BG levels. I have a feeling that she liked being spoiled at the vet and hopefully we will get some good news tomorrow. I will keep you ladies in the loop.
    Have a great evening