3/23 Shadow AMPS=387, PMPS=272

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA), Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

+4=224
    +9=371
    AMPS=387 ~1.0u Lev
    Yesterday's Condo

Shadow is all purry and happy this morning. I am not.
    Last night after his shot, he began licking where I shot him. It was way up on his back but he still managed to lick there. now I am thinking about that again. I will try to shoot further up ...I am not happy with these higher numbers again.
    Not sure about the consistency of his LB activity as yet today but will be watching.
    Thanks for your replies Libby and Sienne. I am very concerned about Amy now and wish she would stop back and fill us in. I know she had 2 very sad losses in her family and perhaps she is away from home. but still, it was the trip to the vet with Pedro that concerns me so much. He was not well after being boarded...Sending love to you both, Amy & Pedro....

2. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/23 Shadow AMPS=387

Hi Pat, We all want Shadow to come down to his normal numbers soon! After all, next week is the full moon! Stu says: "Hey Shadow, pal, be nice to your bean and give her some good numbers so she'll let you have the full-moon party".

Ella & Stu

3. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

I wonder what that licking could be about. Is it possible he has another irritation of some sort nearby--a bug bite, a bruise--and the shot is bothering it?

4. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Shadow te contortionist.
    Amazing what place they can get to.
    Big sigh for his AM # today Pat.
    Glad to hear he is purry and happy though. No more outdoor adventures?
    I hope he gets back on track with those great numbers he has been showing you.

5. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Pat, I'm glad Shadow is happy and purry this morning; I'm sorry you're not. I know how disappointing it is when the numbers aren't what you expected. But he can came down to a nice normal number soon. :smile:
    Don'tcha wonder how they can twist their bodies, to get at places you think they can't reach!!
    I always have to put Advantage higher than I'd like.

6. joyce-tuscany(GA)

joyce-tuscany(GA) Well-Known Member

I think Shadow has a secret stash of illicit carbs - maybe snuck in to him during the St. Pats party. Have you looked for it???

7. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Wonder about that licking? Hope it wasn't a fur shot, you do know that the insulin doesn't work when you swallow it right Shadow? I gave like 5 fur shots in a row and Spooky still had good numbers so I decided to just call it GUM time :D I wondered if just soaking his fur in insulin was maybe some being absorbed through his skin? ohmygod_smile

Shadow had some nice blues there the other day, maybe Mr. Liver is in panic mode again and overreacting. Hope it turns around soon.

8. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

Hey Shadow.... Donny says you look silly in that pink bow. Quit it. And he knows about the secret cookie stash.

9. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Cut It Out Shadow!! Time to come down to nice numbers again & feel good--HUgs!

10. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

I just wanted to stop by and see how my trouble-maker was doing....see that's he's still trouble. :mrgreen:

11. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Mr. Trouble-Maker is better now thank you all. I made sure the shot was higher on his back this morning. He can really turn his head around and that tongue of his is much longer than I would have imagined! :shock: I have been very careful to not do a fur shot lately...odd that he seems to want to lick where I shot him. So this morning, it was impossible for even Shadow to get to. So now, we are going down again...
    +4=227
    +6=169
    Ok then. Now, we have that wild OTJ party for Spot. Isn't that GREAT!!!! My two were jumping up and down and SO excited. They could hardly stop jumping around! Finally, they focused and got themselves ready to leave. Now, out the door with the two of them and skipping and running all the way to the party! This is really a wonderful celebration for our Spot! SOOOOOooooo happy!

Nice to see handsome Boos' sweet face again...and Joyce...we had a carb-free party.(at least I thought all refreshments were on the acceptable list... :roll: His Pink bow was put aside MJ...I am fussing with the green one in hopes he will take to wearing that again. Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts...I like it so much better when I can PURR about something... :lol:

12. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh sure Pat, I bet you told everyone it was checkers that brought the shortbread cookies to your party.
    How wonderful to see how much Shadow came down on +6. WooHoo! :smile:

On my condo is the first time I've seen Boo. What an adorable face.
    Checkers has been sleeping all day, he's gonna miss the party, if he doesn't get a move on.

13. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Come on Shadow, get back to where you belong.

I'm still trying to picture his long tongue trying to lick the Levemir off his fur... or maybe he thought it was a snakebite and he was trying to suck it out. Stop that Shadow. :roll:

14. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Checkers knew the rules...as a matter of fact, HE was the one at the door with the NO Carbs Allowed sign...such a good kitty!

AMPS=387
    +4=227
    +6=169
    +8=115
    PMPS=272 ~ 1.0u Lev

I am just thankful that he is looking so great....physically I mean. He is doing great and is just such an easy-going boy around here. BTW, I let Raja out and raised the little fence I have...she eyed it casyally.
    I smugly closed the door (thinking that it was just a little too high for her to attempt the jump)
    I am such a foolish, foolish woman.... :roll:
    When I opened the door again, she was sitting on the OTHER side of it. I think she deliberately waited for me to open the door. She jumped over the fence in front of me. Okay Raja. You win. Like a thoroughbred she sailed across the fence. No points taken off for nicking the top of the fence either. She really flew over it with no effort at all.
    chubby Little Miss Smarty pants. She is such a show off! :lol:

15. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

Pat....Putty licks his shot site once in a while. Sometimes I think he just feels something...maybe that little drop on the end of the needle. Or I think he is just wiping it off like kids wipe off a kiss.

Come on Shadow it is time to say goodbye to those stinky pinks and yellows. cat_pet_icon

16. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Ok, so I know this is Shadow's condo...but that Raja is cracking me up with the fence! The things they can do when they really want to! I've always lived on a 2nd floor when Latte has had access to outside. When she was a kitten (and I was in college), we would hang out on the roof and watch the cars go by. She always seemed fine up there. Now I would be FREAKIN' out to ever see a cat on a roof! :lol: Anyway, I came home one day and she was gone...no where to be found! :eek: :cry: My dbf at the time came by at 2am with this wet, dirty, SMELLY cat...asked if she belonged to me! :lol: He apparently found her diggin' around in a dumpster. :shock: To this day, it is a complete secret as to how she ended up from a 2nd story apt in a dumpster a block away.

Anyway...now Latte has hijacked poor Shadow's condo! Thanks for cutting off the phone call btw. I was wondering why my minutes have been sky rocketing lately! Those two love bugs! ;-)

I hope shadow works things out soon. I admire how 'ready' you are for anything that comes your way. And remember, the overall picture of Shadow's ss shows INCREDIBLE improvements. He is such a good boy. He will pull through. Sometimes he just seems to need a little break.

:YMHUG: to both of you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.