3/21 Morris AMPS 441; +9 454; PMPS 470; +1.5 473

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gwen and Morris, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9715

Recap from last night:
    PMPS 313
    +2 326
    +6 349
    AMPS 441

Since his last dosecrease on Mar 10, Morris has spent much of his time in the pink/red zone & has even gone into that dreaded black zone! Yes, we did see a bit of green on Mar 13 & have had a couple of blue & yellow readings, but these lovely colors have not wanted to stick around. I had assumed he was bouncing & he should have been clearing through that this weekend.....I got up in the middle of the night (not an easy feat for me) in hopes of catching him drop, but nothing! If he is not bouncing, should I dosecrease him up again???? Try a full 2u for a few days & see what happens???? Maybe with the higher carb food, he does need more insulin now? I really don't mind what dose he needs.....I just want to find a dose that will allow us to see some consistant numbers on his ss!!! For me, I would love to see him ranging from low yellow to green.

WCR: Seems EXTREMELY content this morning! Was stretched out beautifully on the couch as I went into our rec room to check on him this morning. Did not even move while I prepared brefus for him (which is unusual - he is normally under my feet the entire time!). Once brefus was served, he did get up & eat though.

We will be out of town most of the day.....both 2 legged kids have qualified to be in a 10-pin bowling tournament in a town about an hour away from us. I am so discouraged this morning, I am not even going to bother with the 'out the door' check. I will, however, do a check once we get home in hopes that something magical has happened while we were away!

2. Lynn and Angel

Lynn and Angel Member

Re: 3/21 Morris AMPS 441 - very frustrated!

Gwen, no advice here, but I sure can sympathize. I'm having the same frustrations with Angel Boy. Good luck on getting that magic dose; I am so with you on just wanting good nos. no matter what. (Your boy looks a lot like mine!)

3. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

:YMHUG:

No advice from me though I imagine others will be along to help out.

Just wanted to say hi and hang in there!

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I think it's time to increase the dose. I also want to suggest that if you want to stick with the protocol with respect to the frequency of increases, you will need to get more spot checks. I don't think it would be safe for Morris if you increase every several days if you aren't able to get at least one check per cycle. I'm sure others will be by to offer some input.

5. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I know what a bouncing kitty is like. It looks like he might have gone low enough to bounce up on the morning of the 16th.
    If this current BG is a bounce from a blue number, I would think he would be clearing RBC today or later tonight.
    Sorry, I can't advise on dose. Hang in there.

Wishing we could both have some magic happen:
    [​IMG]

6. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Re: 3/21 Morris AMPS 441; +9 454

Still in the ugly red zone!!!

Thanks Lynn!

Thanks Amy!

Thanks Sienne....will try the dosecrease tonight.

Thanks Dyana

7. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Re: 3/21 Morris AMPS 441; +9 454; PMPS 470 - gave dosecrease

I put him back up to 2.0u BID as of this evening. Hopefully we will start seeing some nicer colors soon & hopefully he won't bounce too much with this dosecrease!!

8. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 3/21 Morris AMPS 441; +9 454; PMPS 470 - gave dosecrease

good luck with the dosecrease!

9. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

When I checked on Morris at +1.5, he had already eaten 3/4 of the food I had put out for him at dinner time! I had put out 1/2 can Merrick & 1 can Fancy Feast. Since I would rather offer him too much food than not enough, I put out another can of Fancy Feast.....just in case! Will see how much of it he has eaten by morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.