6/5 Tashie AMPS/35 +6.5=61+7.5=111 PMPS = 587 ?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by BorisV, Jun 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BorisV

BorisV Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...2801c65e4ead0677740b392793&p=1036873#p1036873

Is it too much to hope she is clearing that bounce? Unfortunately the soonest I can test today will be +9 - is that worth doing? WIsh I could at least do a +6 but there is no way today. I could tell just by looking at her last night that she was lower. She ate very well for dinner & midnight snack bowls were empty this morning.

2. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Re: 6/5 Tashie AMPS-352

We haven't had a chance to stop by and say hello and welcome. Not sure about the bounce. Sounds like you have a kitty who eats on their own when low, which is great. Tarragon does that and I haven't had to worry as much as others about leaving him during the day. Have a wonderful day!

3. BorisV

BorisV Member

Thanks! Great to meet you and I love your baby's name! I had a little stray that adopted me a few years ago - though SHE was a boy so I named her Basil and called "him" Bazzie - Ooops! SHE wasn't a boy so after getting her spayed, I named her Jasmine and called her "Jazzie" to rhyme with Bazzie!

4. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Wow..she took a big drop last night! I wonder how much further down she came although I doubt it was much into low yellow ....maybe...... Lets see what she will do today.

If you can only get a +9, that's all you can do. Jim isn't able to get a mid cycle? I don't know how far away he works or if he has that flexibility so just asking.

I work today so won't be around much, if any. Lots of other great folks who can help if you need it so just post.

Have a great day!

5. BorisV

BorisV Member

Marje, I KNOW that TODAY would be a GREAT test day but it's just impossible. Even IF Jim could get back - she is a 2-man catch - trust me here! She seemed much better today - ate well last night & this morning and there is food down for her. She started even looking different last night and was far more visible after spending most of the day in a dark corner of a closet. Just hope she doesn't do another bouncing performance - she is really too old for the circus but maybe she wants a pink tutu?

Have a great day - I'll check in later :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

6. Marje and Gracie

Understand. Just had to ask ;-) I know you are doing the very best you can and Tashie is feeling better :D

Have a great day.

7. BorisV

BorisV Member

Re: 6/5 Tashie AMPS-352 +6.5 = 61

I managed to get home & test - at 6.5 she is at 61. Just fed LC food - NEED TO MAKE SURE I AM OKay _ SHOULD I GIVE HER GRAVY FOOD?

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hello, not sure I've stopped by to say Hi before. You did exactly the right thing by giving her some LC food. We save the gravy for when she goes under 50. I think she's shown that this dose is working for her.

Are you able to stay around and test in 1/2 hour? If not, then high carb might be the way to go.

9. BorisV

BorisV Member

Hi! I'm a little panic stricken! So I need to test in 1/2 hour - if she is lower - give gravy? No KARO?

10. Wendy&Neko

Test 1/2 hour after she ate her LC food. It takes 20-30 minutes for the food to go from the tummy to the blood stream. If she goes under 50, then yes to high carb. Some people have cats that can't handle the gluten in gravy and they add a couple drops of karo to the LC food. Or if the cat is significantly lower, karo will get them up faster. I use karo if Neko goes to the 30's.

Remember to breathe, you are in control and have food to help manage this cycle.

11. Jamie & Jupiter

Jamie & Jupiter Well-Known Member

Are you going to be home for a while to monitor Tashie?

12. BorisV

BorisV Member

Thanks - I'm a WRECK! I WANT her in the greens but am just freaking! She OBVIOUSLY cleared her "bounce"!!!! I just had a feeling that today would be the day !

13. BorisV

BorisV Member

YES! Staying home to H with work! Besides ....... couldn't drive right now anyway!

14. Wendy&Neko

I'll be here for your +7 test. We've all been through this and remember the panic. I'm so glad you could make it home today for that mid-cycle test.

15. BorisV

BorisV Member

Thanks SO much for the support - Have my darn neighbor (guy) who is allergic to cats on stand by helping me with the testing as she is a pistol! Have her locked in a room so at least we can find her. Just went up to deliver turkey to the princess - she hasn't eaten anything yet but looks fine - as if to say "mummy" "what SI the problem"???? .......Mummy needs a sedative! Guess this is what I get for actually sleeping last night - first time in like 11 days!

16. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Yay, Tashie! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Love that green! And 61 is a perfectly normal number for a cat. And it should be her nadir or close to it. That is perfect! Ok, yes, it is very stressful for beans at first. :D You are doing great!
    Liz

17. Jamie & Jupiter

Jamie & Jupiter Well-Known Member

Bernadette, I remember Jupiters first green number, I was quite scared by it. But I had the help of members on this board, and I knew that they would help keep my Jupe baby safe. I know it seems overwhelming, but you can do it - you are in control! Just keep reminding yourself that you are the one in control - and that the members here will help you through this. YOU ARE DOING AWESOME!!

18. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

Whoo hooTashie! And great catch on that number momma!! You are doing great with her - Isn't it lovely to never feel alone in this journey?!? :D

19. BorisV

BorisV Member

Re: 6/5 Tashie AMPS-352 +6.5 = 61 +7.5 = 111

You guys are the BEST! Really! I needed a major hand holding here :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: So - it didn't appear that she ate but she came up to 111! ...........It was almost an hour after the 61 test - due to late neighbor but she's working her way up the hill - so glad I didn't give her gravy so we didn't have to work of another flippin' bounce!

Are we good now? Tash looked at me like I was insane!

20. Wendy&Neko

Hi Bernadette, that is fantastic news!! :D :D Time for that big sigh of relief. Great job today!! Pat your self and your neighbor on the back. You can relax now and pamper the little girl. How much of the LC did she eat earlier? She might be carb sensitive. Some people only need to use LC or MC to bring their cat out of lower numbers.

Of course you know this means she'll bounce. Not as much without the gravy, but still a bit of a bounce. But the more times she spends in these lovely greens, the less she'll bounce.

21. Jennifer&Cain(GA)

Jennifer&Cain(GA) Member

Wow that was a drop in numbers. Those first really low numbers are scary!! But you did great!!! dancing_cat

22. BorisV

BorisV Member

Just gave her LC food - don't think she ate ANY of it though. So happy I didn't SUPER panic (just a smallish one) as IF I would have given her gravy food - we'd be dealing with the bouncing dance which she just came off TODAY! I hate those bounces! I have come to HATE bounces / when the meter just says "HI" and although green is a happy place it sends me haywire! Just hoping she climbs above 200 so she can have her PM shot! Gonna make sure she eats well before 5:30 food cut off!

Is it wine time? I'm EST so I guess not @-) @-) @-)

You guys are the BEST for being here - once I learn what this is all about - I WILL pay back! THANKS!

23. Wendy&Neko

Bernadette, could you take the 911 icon off your first post now? Looks like things are under control now and we usually like to save 911 for emergencies.

I hate bounces too. Neko still bounces, but they've gone from black bounces, to red bounces, to mostly pink ones. Cat's just take their time with it. I've seen some SS where it's like a light went on and the cat went from lots of black to just blue and green.

We are all paying back - we love this place. :D

Time to put that wine in the cooler.

24. TheBowHuntress

TheBowHuntress Well-Known Member

Mother knows best :D And you just "knew" to get her tested at +6.5!!!! Great job & what a gorgeous, green number

25. BorisV

BorisV Member

Wendy- so sorry about the 911! I'll learn! Promise! Just didn't realize .... embarrassed!

26. TheBowHuntress

Oh gosh, Bern; don't be embarassed--I did that more than once "back in the day" :D

27. Wendy&Neko

It's fine that you put up the 911 to get attention. Just remember to take it off once you've got eyes on your condo. We've all done it. :D

28. Marje and Gracie

Wouldnt you know she would do this on my work day?

I'd keep holding this dose, Bern.

Great job!

29. TheBowHuntress

"like"

30. BorisV

BorisV Member

Marje! I TOLD you she was a pistol! It's strange ...... I just KNEW I needed to get back - through hell or high water! I grabbed a neighbor off a piece of heavy equipment and DEMANDED he help me test her! He's allergic to cats - I told him he'd be fine - just help me - I take no prisoners! And, I needed help because she was under the master bed that is an impossibility to get her out alone ........ had HIM lay on the floor with the big stick to "poke" her .... the whole time though I'm telling him to be careful not to poke hard as she is tiny! Oy! Candid camera! And, he DID NOT have a reaction to her - nobody ever has, they are strange as people with allergy's Never flare up around them. Anyway, we'll see if anyone in this neighborhood is talking to me in another week!

....You are teaching me well - I didn't give HC or Karo - just got on the board and posted. The whole time Tash is treating me like I've gone mad - I can tell she feels better because she is looking down her nose at me in typical princess fashion! Little witch!

31. BorisV

BorisV Member

PS. SO glad I am TRYING to listen to you guys - the vet told me to UP the dose last night to .75U - didn't do it! And, you'd be proud, I KNEW we were going to hold at .5U now :lol: :lol: :lol: I just KNEW it! Whoo Hoo!

32. BorisV

BorisV Member

I am lost (again) why is she so HIGH? Don't tell me another bounce?

****ALSO*** the insulin does not look as "clear" as it did - seems a bit "cloudy"? Is that normal?

THANKS!

33. Lisa & Leo

Lisa & Leo Well-Known Member

Nive job - you did good under pressure! Don't apologize or be embarrassed. In the heat of the moment, everyone here has forgotten something they've read or been told 5 times already and then kicked themselves later, trust me!

Yeah, unfortunately a bounce. But you got a nice green and some good experience out of it.

Is the cloudiness possibly the condensation on the vial since it was in the fridge? Mine tended to look cloudy because of that. Does it have little floaties in it? I wouldn't worry about it unless it seems like it has lost its potency or it really cloudy or with floaties.

34. TheBowHuntress

Bounce, bounce, bounce...I know, you don't like to see your little one so high, but she will come down again. And as time goes by, she'll clear those bounces quicker, most likely. You're doing a grand job....maybe put the patience pants on for a little while? I used to never want to wear them, had to be constantly reminded to put them on....but it does make sense. Regarding the insulin: I used to think the same thing sometimes. And it was condensation. And sometimes it would look cloudy in the syringe, but after I wiped the outside of the syringe a few times, it would be clear. BUT if there are "floaties"....little white thingies floating around in the insulin--then the insulin is no good; don't use it. You would have to get new insulin.

35. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Yup. This is a bounce. Just as an FYI, it's not the food that causes the bounce. It's the liver and pancreas releasing glucagon and counterregulatory hormones that drive the numbers up. Tashie dropped almost 300 points from pre-shot to +6.5. Her liver panicked! In all likelihood, what that means is you'll be able to get a good night's sleep!

36. BorisV

BorisV Member

Okay --- off to bed I go to get ready for yet ANOTHER bouncy day tomorrow ......... when "on average" does this ever clear? Oh, and does it sort of mean that the .5U is "good" for her as it does bring her DOWN ? We just can't keep her down right now?

37. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

Great job today Bernadette,, and yes BOING!!! Tonite..

Wendy

38. Marje and Gracie

Bernadette sent me a PM:

What happens next is you hold the dose until you catch her going under 50. At that point, you reduce the dose by .25u.

Yes....you are right! This could be her dose for a while unless she doesn't come back into green when she clears the bounces or unless she earns the reduction.

Cats can also earn reductions by being in all normal numbers for a full week. Tashie will have to completely stop bouncing and have numbers primarily under 100 for that.

Many of us use calipers to dose. I can get that info for you tomorrow and post it on your 6/6 condo.

Remember the link I gave you to Dr. Lisa's food charts? Check those out for foods in the 8-10% category that you think Tashie will eat for MC.

Glad you finally caught her....those fast dives really set up some ugly bounces.

Sleep well! Great instinct today!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.