Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

last condo 2/21/13

The post everyone dreads writing . . . but you all matter and i know many of you have cared for punkin as much as we have. Through coaching each other daily, we get to know each other's kitters and their personalities. I know you need to know what happened.

We let punkin go tonight. He was ready, and in fact, i think yearning for release. The past few days he kept wanting to go outside, i think wanting to find a safe spot to hide where he could pass away. We spent a lot of hours sitting outside next to him this weekend. He just soaked up the sounds and sights. Our backyard is very Oregon woodsy - oak trees, rhododendrons and tons of birds. He'd watch and listen and then lay his head down. We joked about his elevator rides - as our house is on the side of a hill, the backyard is lower than the house, and the downstairs is where he often liked to hang out. As he's worn out, we suggested he take the elevator up from the backyard (me and DH being the elevator). So he got help going in and out of the backyard this weekend.

What a sweetheart and what an extraordinary kitter we had! I've had many pets, but there was something so special and so different about punkin. For one thing, he was a great communicator. He had a psychic gaze that bore into my eyes and told me what he wanted so i could do his bidding. which i always did! hahahaha He had me wrapped around his little paw.

The past couple of weeks had been rough. He got weekly laser treatments for his arthritis, and 9th he got the usual treatment. The morning of the 10th we woke up to a terribly bloody diarrhea mess. It was just awful and i thought he wouldn't make it through the day. But he did - he got meds to soothe his gut and it turned around. Then last Wednesday, the 15th, he had another laser treatment and Thursday morning it was a repeat of the week before. Only this time, he didn't pull out of it. He stopped eating and wanted to be left alone, hiding under my big old oak desk in our basement.

Today the vet thought that he might just be extremely dehydrated. We decided to give it one last try, but an x-ray discovered instead that his body had filled up with fluid. His heart was failing and there was so much fluid around his lungs that they could barely inflate. his abdomen was also full of fluid. The vet said that had probably happened just in the past few days because he showed none of the typical signs of excess fluid build-up during his exam last week.

In a strange way, that gave me a lot of peace. We've gone to great lengths to keep the little guy alive and healthy for the past 2.5 years, but here was something that wasn't fixable. You can have fluid withdrawn and buy a little time, but it comes back. i didn't want to have to be worried all the time that it might come back and he might feel like he was suffocating. he was having so much difficulty breathing today that we knew it was time. The vet came over to our house about 7:15pm and we sat on the deck with punkin, loved him up and then let him go. He's the last of our 12-pets-at-once to pass away, and they are now all buried in the back yard. now we can't ever move!

But for all the question regarding the timing with the laser treatments, i don't want people to be afraid of doing it. i wouldn't hesitate to do them again, but i might not do them as often. they gave punkin a lot of relief from his arthritis, allowing him to jump on tables til the very end. that made him so happy!

I want to thank everyone here for teaching me what i needed to know for punkin to survive since he was diagnosed in december 2010. That time has been such a blessing to us - daryl and i are both weary and thoroughly broke from taking care of him, but i wouldn't have changed a thing, unless we could've simply had more time.

I don't have the energy tonight to shrink photos so i can post them here, but here are links to a coupla pics that i like. Our profile also has some favorite pics in it. As though you need them! ;-)
    http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p378/yachiwycoff/IMG_2305-1.jpg

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p378/yachiwycoff/punkinanyaincar.jpg
    (the famous "I said 2 cheeseburgers EXTRA RARE!" shot from our trip to Colorado to get him treated for the acromegaly)

and even though this one is a little dark, it's probably my very favorite. It shows so much of his personality - calm, dignified and perceptive.

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p378/yachiwycoff/IMG_0187.jpg

well, i just got sucked into punkin-video-land. i'm so glad to have videos of him . . . i'm sure no one else wants to sit and watch punkin videos, but here's a couple of my favorites:

Punkin, Anya and the bag: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=en ... jgknJ7BmOw

Punkin and his catnip plant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK3sriI9 ... Ow&index=5

In any case, I could reminisce on and on about my little punkin kitter, but i will stop there. i'm as ok as i can be - i miss him, but am SO grateful for the relationship that the cursed acromegaly-diabetes gave us. A double-edged sword, if there ever was one. I am more at peace than I would've thought possible. Doing everything you can leaves you knowing that you didn't give up too soon. I know we did everything we could for him.

Thank you all for your support as we've learned and gone through crisis after crisis with the little guy. I appreciate it. :YMHUG:

2. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

((((((Julie))))))) you know how I feel about you and Punkin and how sad I am for you and for another great LL legend crossing the Bridge. I'm so happy you shared the photos and videos for all the new members that never knew Punkin or saw these great glimpses of him. I know how very much you will miss your very special boy. I hope Anya will be ok.

Lighting a candle for Punkin. Sending you love and hugs.

3. Sweeties-Mom

Sweeties-Mom Member

I'm so sorry for your loss - I loved the photos and videos, especially the one on your YouTube channel where he was just purring away at the scritches he was getting!

He looks like he was a very special kitty and he was certainly very lucky to be cared for by you.

rb_icon wings_cat rb_icon

4. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Oh Julie, we are so very sorry to read punkin's last condo. Liz knew something was wrong before she went to bed tonight and we were dreading what we thought was coming. We can never thank you and punkin enough for teaching us to draw up shots in your video and for all the wonderful lessons we learned from you and punkin. punkin had such a wonderful life. It is easier to let go when they tell you it is time and the one last gift is to help them to the Rainbow Bridge. You are a wonderful bean and we love you very much.

Fly free sweet punkin, we will keep watch over your best friend anya and your beloved beans in the days to come.

Attached Files:

5. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

julie, i am so sorry for your loss. he was such a beautiful boy. love the lickers best. :)

i've been thru the respiratory failure thing with fluid buildup and you are right. there is no happy outcome and it's pretty terrible each time it happens. one blessing in this is knowing nothing could be done and he got to enjoy his beloved home and backyard all the way to the end.

(((((Hugs)))))

6. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor Well-Known Member

You're right, Julie - these are the posts no one wants to wrote or read... How brave you both are to have given Punkin the dignified and loving departure he deserved. Thank you for this tribute.

Jack and I are so very sorry for this loss. You both, and Punkin too, are in my prayers. The hallowed halls of LL will not be the same - another LL Legend has gone ahead, indeed.

Fly free, Punkin. Safe journey.
    Jane

7. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

Butthead's candle from exactly two years ago... :cry:

[​IMG]

Butthead and Donny are waiting for you at the Bridge, Punkin.

MJ

8. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((((((((((((((((((((((JULIE))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Sending many many cyber hugs for you and your Punkin. I am so sorry for your loss. Punkin lived an amazing life with amazing beans.

My 5 GAs will welcome him over the Bridge.. flying free and now whole and healthy.
    rb_icon
    wings_cat

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

((((((Julie)))))) ((((((Daryl)))))) (((((Anya))))))
    I was so sorry to hear of your loss. You have fought so hard and done everything possible and loved him so much through all. I'm glad you got a message from him and had some good time in the yard with him this weekend.

I got sucked into Punkin video land tonight, crying and watching so many of my favorites videos. Such a special kitter for such special beans. :YMHUG: Thank you for sharing these pictures and videos again. And thank you so much for what you have given LL and especially those of us who also love those special kitties called acrocats.
    Fly free sweet punkin, may you find that catnip patch at the bridge. wings_cat

Sending love to you Julie and scritches to Anya.

10. tortie58

tortie58 Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear of the loss of Punkin. Take care, Julie & thankyou for all your support in the past years.

11. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Julie,
    I am so sorry for your loss. Your Punkin was a sweetie. I loved the pics and video's and I'm glad you have them. Especially liked the one with the paper bag. I guess he felt it was his job to be entertainment to his sibling. Cute! He will be met by our beloved GA's at the bridge.

Fly Free Sweet Punkin
    You will be forever missed

Attached Files:

12. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Julie))) I'm so sorry for your loss. I love all the pics and videos of Punkin, what a beautiful and special kitty. I will light a candle for Punkin. Lots of hugs and prayers.

13. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry, Julie. We all love Punkin as if he were our own, and we learned so much from your journeys with him. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, now and always.

14. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

Julie, We are fairly new here, and didn't get to know Punkin (except through your great pics/videos). I just wanted to offer my sympathy at your loss. It is always hard, even when we know it is time. :cry:

15. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Fly Free Punkin

Oh No! I'm still in shock.
    I'm so sorry ((((((((((Julie)))))))))) I will always remember Punkin and I will always love him, as I know you will.
    You guys were a perfect pair - a great kitty with a great mom :YMHUG:

I will light a candle at work for him today.
    [​IMG]

rb_icon Fly Free Punkin

16. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Julie, I'm so sorry to hear this news. I know it is not easy and you will miss him, but you did the loving thing in letting him go. Fly free sweet Punkin. Sending you and your DH prayers and hugs.

17. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

((((((Julie)))))
    This is not the news I wanted to wake up to this morning - or ever, for that matter. I am so terribly sorry. Even though you know in your heart this was the only right decision and your very expressive boy told you it was his time, the hurt just can't be adequately described. There are no words. Thank you for sharing Punkin with us. I will treasure the photos you posted of him on my wall. I will have a bit of Punkin with me always.

Fly free you beautiful boy and land softly. There are many of our kitties waiting for you at the Bridge to play with and to keep you safe until you are reunited with the ones you love best.
    [​IMG]

18. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Julie - I am so very sorry to rad this. My heart aches for you and your family. I hope that all those wonderful memories will be of comfort yo you. He will always be with you, in your heart and your minds eye, Fly free Punkin. You will be missed, never to be forgotten. wings_cat

19. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Oh Julie. ((((Hugs)))) I am so very sorry to read this. Tears are streaming. Punkin was so loved and he loved you just as much. I wish I could be there to give you a big hug. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Fly free sweet Punkin and land softly.

20. Linda for Weezer

Linda for Weezer Well-Known Member

Oh Julie, I'm so sorry. Thank you so much for your support as we took this trip together. Weezer is welcoming her R buddy to the land of no shots, no pokies, no pain. Fly free sweet one.

21. ecurie

ecurie Well-Known Member

((((Julie, DH and Anya))))) I am so sorry Punkin had to leave here. My heart sends you all the comfort it has. I know that Punkin will give you a sign that he is safe, healthy and happy at the bridge. May his footprints in your heart bring you comfort. Sending you all our love and sympathy. Mary and ollie

22. terri1962

terri1962 Well-Known Member

Julie,

Thank you for sharing Punkin with us. When I first came here I watched the video of you drawing up shots for Punkin over and over, I thank you and Punkin for all the help.
    I am so sorry Punkin has gone to bridge.

Terri

23. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Julie I am really sorry for your loss of punkin .. When I saw the rainbow my heart dropped .. I am thankful you are at peace with his passing and that you were able to spend that last bit of quality time with him .. Fly Free Punkin ...

24. Lisa & Leo

Lisa & Leo Well-Known Member

(((hugs))) on living life with Punkin and all the wonderful memories, pictures and videos that you have. Fly free, Punkin.

25. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Julie))), I am so sorry. You gave Punkin an amazing life and he will always be a part of you.
    Thank you for posting the pictures and videos. Such a beautiful boy.
    Fly free, Sweet Punkin, and land safely. rb_icon

~Josie (& Ripley)

26. Tracy & Leo

Tracy & Leo Well-Known Member

Hugs to you my friend. Punkin sounded like he had a very peaceful passing.

Fly free sweet Punkin, and land very softly, we'll miss you.

27. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss... ((Hugs)) to you and your family.... I am glad to hear both you and Punkin have found peace.

28. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((((((((((((Julie))))))))))))))))) I am just so sorry for your loss Fly Free Punkin wings_cat rb_icon

29. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

(((((Julie))))) I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Punkin. I love the photos and videos. What a special kitty he was. You worked through so many challenges to give him many very happy years with you. I know that you have many good memories to sustain you through the sad days ahead. My thoughts are with you.

30. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

((((((Julie))))))
    I'm so sorry you had to say so long to Punkin. I loved the pics and videos.
    I'm glad you were able to be at peace with it being his time. I hope I can find that too when it's time.
    Our time with our furbabies is too short.

Fly Free Punkin!
    [​IMG]

31. Rocket & his Mom

Rocket & his Mom Well-Known Member

:cry: :cry: Oh Julie, my sincere condolences on the passing of Punkin.

Today marks 7 months since I last held Rocket in my arms....but I know he was there to greet Punkin

thank you for sharing the pictures and the videos of Punkin....I know you miss him...

Julie, I'm so very sorry :cry:

Fly Free Punkin wings_cat land softly

32. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Julie, I'm so sorry to hear of punkin's passing. One last ride in that elevator in his beans arms.

Fly free sweet punkin. You will be sorely missed but remembered in many hearts.

33. Anne & Zener GA

(((((Julie))))) I was hoping punkin would rally one more time, as he had so many times before. He gave it his all, as did you and Daryl. He was a lucky kitty, having you and Daryl as his beans, he won the kitty powerball. I sure will miss him. Safe travels, punkin. We will be forever grateful for the drawing up the dose video. Life was easier after we watched it.
    Liz

34. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear Julie, Daryl, and Anya,

Punkin-- beautiful Punkin--is flying free and smiling down on you in loving gratitude for the wonderful life he shared with you. Your pictures and videos bring back so many happy memories of this brave and handsome kitter. Your boy will live on in Lantus Land lore and will always be in the hearts of his many friends here.

Fly free, sweet Punkin. As you begin your new adventure, I know that you are being reuninted with so many of your old pals at the Bridge and that your welcome dinner will be a cause for much celebration there.

Julie, thank you for all that you have done to help others here in Lantus Land. You are in our thoughts.

Sending deepest sympathy,

Ella & Edward, Rusty, and Stu (GA)

35. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

I just watched the video, it made me smile and chuckle. Love that Anya did everything she could to get the bag away from him and he took it for as long as possible and then just walked away and left her with it and it was no longer fun. So cute!

I am so sorry. Fly free sweet Punkin. May you soar high and wide and land softly. You are much loved and will be sorely missed.

36. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Julie))) I am so sorry to read yout post. My heart goes out to you and your family. I know all too well what it is like to lose a precious fur baby. You did all the right things and went above and beyond for Punkin. Please take comfort in that. Fly free sweet kitty, there are many friends waiting to join you at the bridge. Big hugs!

37. Patty & Champ

Patty & Champ Well-Known Member

(((((Julie))))) I had a feeling this was coming, but I was hoping Punkin would do a very Punkin-like thing and bounce back better than ever. It's going to be a very teary few days ahead. I've always felt especially close to you and Punkin since Champ and I came on about the same time as you. We learned together and shared our ups and downs. Champ is starting to feel very alone over here as his friends travel over the bridge. I'm so glad you have such great pictures and videos to remember him by. He was a truly most excellent cat. He went through a lot and never lost his Punkin-ness, ever. Please don't be a stranger. Losing Punkin is very hard on us all, but "losing" you too would be awful! I'll be thinking of you and your family, and Anya.

38. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((Juile))))) I am so sorry to read about Punkin....it was a beautiful tribute to your boy though and we all thank you for sharing him with us. May your memories bring you comfort through the years to come...

Fly Free Dear Punkin wings_cat

39. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

40. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Julie,
    I'm SO SO sorry it was Punkin's time to cross....BIG LOOOOOONG HUG. THANK YOU for sharing him with us. Punkin taught us ALL so much.

Fly free sweet baby landing right back in Mama's heart....

41. Patti and Merlin

Patti and Merlin Member

Dear Julie
    I'm so sorry to be so late to this. I always loved your Punkin and this post just breaks my heart! Such a sweet and special boy and soooo loved! Such special kitties leave a huge hole in your heart. Please take care of yourself. Sending many warm thoughts to you!
    xxx
    patti and always in my heart - Merlin and Boris

42. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss.
    Fly free, Punkin.

43. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Julie, I am so sorry to hear of Punkin crossing the Bridge. You did absolutely everything for him and gave him this final blessing as well. Punkin truly was a very special cat. We will all miss hearing his stories. Thank you for reposting the pix and videos, I remember the paper bag one so well. He will be watching over you from the Bridge, watch for his signs and, Anya, be good!

Lighting a candle for Punkin's Crossing.

[​IMG]

44. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Oh, Julie, my heart is breaking for you and Punkin. I am so sorry he is gone, but I know that it was his time.
    Thanks for posting pics of Punkin. I really loved the car picture! Made me smile big time.

(((((((Julie))))))) Fly free Punkin.

45. quilterkitty

quilterkitty Member

So sorry for your loss, Julie. What a blessing your family and Punkin were to each other. Hugs to you all. :YMHUG:

46. Jennifer&Cain(GA)

Jennifer&Cain(GA) Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. Hugs to you and family.

And I wanted to say thank you for helping me learn how to draw insulin out of a pen using a syringe. That video was a great, great teacher.

47. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

Julie -

So sorry to hear about Pumpkin this morning, but as so many have said before me, he told you, and you gave him the last gift we can give our babies. He was a special kitty - a supersized, extra-sweet one. You and Pumpkin helped guide me when I was first dealing with Grayson's Acro dx. By talking to you, I had a much better sense of treating vs. not treating. Thank you for all you shared with me and others here. Your baby will be missed.

Fly free, sweet angel - you've earned your wings.

Lu-Ann

48. katlady1974

katlady1974 Member

i am so very sorry for your loss. it sounds like he was a fabulous kitty right to the very end. i'm sitting here crying as i read this- it reminds me of when we had to put our Manson kitty down in December 2011. He also swelled with fluid, but in his abdomen. He was a truly awesome kitty too, and his nickname was "punkin". i always called him "my punkin kitty".

big hugs to you!! you are an amazing person and obviously gave Punkin a great life! :YMHUG:

49. carolyn & jesse (GA) & spock

carolyn & jesse (GA) & spock Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry.........crying...........

50. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

as i'm soggy reading all of these posts, my daughter says "cat people?" hahahaha she knows there's no one as kind as cat people. you are all so compassionate and i thank you for your kind words.

and i'm so glad the insulin video has helped so many people. as i went through my videos on youtube last night, i saw that particular video has had more than 4,000 views. yay for people learning how to draw insulin - it's just one part of the whole thing, but it can be a tricky part.

i've realized that i'm going to have to remember to feed anya now. she has been in punkin's shadow for her whole life as everything revolved around him. I don't even know how much she eats because i always gave her the same amount i gave punkin. she'd eat a tiny bit, punkin would scarf his down and then finish hers. it's a new world for us to not have everything revolve around 7am, 10am, noon, 7pm, 10pm and 11:30pm . . . you know what i mean!?!

today is a rainy, cold, yucky & windy day. yesterday was 75, sunny and beautiful. i'm so glad punkin's last day was beautiful for him to enjoy.

:YMHUG:

51. Tonya and Tiki

Tonya and Tiki Well-Known Member

Oh Julie. I'm sitting here wiping away the tears! The hardest part of loving our little fur babies is knowing God is going to take them home too soon. I am so glad he gave you "the sign" to make it easier for you. I've been there and seen it and fall back on the comfort of knowing I did the right thing. His absence I am certain is now the hardest part. I pray that you find comfort and peace and can quickly move beyond the tears to embrace the wonderful memories you made with him. Just take it one day at a time.

{{{{{{BIG HUG}}}}}}

52. Anne & Zener GA

Me too. :D :D
    Liz

53. Christie & Willie (GA)

Christie & Willie (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Julie)))) All of our kitties here are so amazing, but some just truly touch your heart, and your boy Punkin was one of them. Fly free and land softly, big guy... while you will be deeply missed by many of us here, you are no doubt in the company of friends that have gone before you. Teary eyes and lit candles here in KC tonight with much love sent your way.

54. Natalia & Enana

Natalia & Enana Well-Known Member

I'm sorry Julie :'( ((hugs))

55. Frosty

Frosty Well-Known Member

Julie, I'm so sorry to hears of your loss of Punkin. We have you in our Prayers.

56. hmjohnston

hmjohnston Well-Known Member

(((hugs!!!)))

Fly free sweet Punkin, you are loved and will be missed.

57. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

((Julie)) I pray that Punkin remembers to come back every once in a while when you're not looking and leave you a reminder that he's still watching over you. And hopefully he'll still chase away the bugs and insects, even from beyond the rainbow bridge. Blessings to you and your family and Anya, especially as you enter a new phase of feeding a civvie. Punkin - fly free and land soft. You have some great kitters waiting for you. Stay sweet, as always.

with love, Deborah & Shasta

58. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

((Julie)) I am so sorry to see that your punkin has left - such a handsome fellow - know what you mean by the "communicator." Amazing how they communicate with us and let us know what they're feeling isn't it?

My heart goes out to you - it's so darned difficult to say goodbye - they leave such a hole in our heart and life - the memories have helped see us through after Dude left.

Sending you many, many comforting hugs and prayers in your sad time - we know what you're going through - try to remember all the wonderful times and the love that you all exchanged when he was with you. And a part of them never leaves.

I am so sorry.

Emmy & Dude (GA) & Mittsi too

59. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

60. mtncat58

mtncat58 Well-Known Member

We are so sorry

[​IMG]

61. Doug N Libby

Doug N Libby Well-Known Member

((((Julie)))) -

I'm so sorry you had to write this post. Punkin was a fortunate kitty to be so loved, to have someone do whatever it took to give him the best life possible. I know you miss him and are weary, but you're right that there's peace in knowing you couldn't have done more.

HUGS to you, DH and Anya -

Libby (& Hershey, too!)

62. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Such a sweet face and those eyes... loved his eyes. I'm so sorry Julie, he was a special kitty and I know it must hurt to be without him.
    I always enjoyed Punkin's videos especially the one with his sister, Anya trying to bug him as he was inside that paper bag. He was so calm as she tried to destroy the bag around him.
    And the photo of him 'yelling' out the window of your car is classic. I love that.

My heart and prayers go out to you. Many hugs... ((((((Julie))))) cat_pet_icon

P.S. Nice job on the photo M.J. Such a great memory of Punkin.

63. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Please accept my condolences, and know that you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so so sorry to hear about this terrible news. You did everything you could for him, and he was in the best care possible. Fly free, sweet Punkin, fly free, and land softly.

64. Jamie & Jupiter

Jamie & Jupiter Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing the pics and videos. Sending prayers your way. Fly free Punkin

65. miso00

miso00 Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about Punkin. I didn't realize Punkin was acro. He sure was a handsome boy and I know how special he was to you. You were always so helpful to me when I was here on FDMB and I will always remember you as "Julie & punkin".

66. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

OH My Dear FRiend!!!! I so feel your pain and feel so badly for your loss!!! The Kindest, most loving act is to Let our fur babies go when we know they are suffering..Punkin was a fantastic furbaby & he loved you so much..I just Loved the video of Punkin in the bag & Anya!! I laughed all through it!
    You did so much for him, even in his worst days, he had you, his protector & Momma loving him & taking care of him--I remember when you came & how quickly you acted to make him better from the FD & Acro..
    Your love was boundless, as that is who we are here in LL!
    JUst know that I feel so much for you, if I can help in any way, let me know-PM me..
    Sending Healing Hugs & Loving vines to you Julie--Anya will adjust, she wiil become closer to you & you will treasure that,,,I so miss having a furbaby, but I just cant yet--My Heart is with you, and Punkin will be with you always-We will see them again~~~((((((JULIE)))))

67. linda and guinness

linda and guinness Member

(((((Julie))))),

I'm so sorry to hear about Punkin. Sending you a big virtual hug and wishing you many peaceful memories.

68. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

((((Julie)))),

I Just read this in the other place. I haven't been here(reading) much because Alex has also been sick. I am so very sorry about your Punkin. You all fought a good fight and you DID do everything possible for that sweet boy.I am so sorry for your loss. I wish I had more words but I know that there really aren't any. The ones in my heart can't be translated.

Fly Free Sweet Punkin. Give Jackson a hug for me.

Hugs and love to you and DH, Julie,xo
    Caryl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.