3.18 Magnolia PMPS 81

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sara & Magnolia, Mar 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

WCR: 5 P's are good. She's been extra cuddly the past few days. She is drinking more water, but not excessive. She doesn't "drink" out of the bowl, she scoops the water out with her paw and then licks it off her paw. Slurping out of a bowl is too barbaric and vulgar.

Her numbers have been great. She comes so close to a decrease, but never goes below 50, so I haven't decreased her dose. I have also changed up her eating schedule a bit and I think that keeps her surfing without dropping too low. While I want to decrease, I think it's better to go slow, and I'm kind of grateful that she slowed down!

I have been without internet for a couple of days, I'm posting from TBP now. Reading & responding is doable on my phone, but making a new condo is messy.

Magnolia got home pretty late last night, smelling of green beer...wonder where she was...

ETA:
    Last Post

Yesterday Recap
    AMPS 97
    +9 63
    PMPS 70
    +2, 67
    +4, 64
    +10.5 88

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 3.18 Magnolia AMPS 84, +4 53

Look at your girl go!! That's a very pretty, green SS.

3. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

Wow, another day full of GREEN kitties.

4. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Green beer, hahaha! Magnolia, you shock me! No wonder she had her paws in the water, she was trying to erase the evidence.

Very beautiful SS.

5. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

She was trying to get rid of the evidence!

I totally forgot to mention earlier...she's been sneezing a LOT for the past couple of days. Can cats have spring allergies? She has never had this problem before...

6. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

Re: 3.18 Magnolia AMPS 84, +4 53 PM question

I am stuck at tbp and I didn't think I would be here this late. I did not change magnolias timed feeder because I should have been home by now. I'm going to drive as fast as I can, but chances are, she will have eaten by the time I get home. Should I still test her ps? I'm hoping to not be any later than 30 minutes...

7. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes you should still test her ps even if it has a food spike......don't drive too fast!

8. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

agree, you'll still want to test, and agree, don't drive too fast!

9. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

Thanks ladies. Is there any number too low to shoot if a food spike is involved? That's the more important question huh?

10. Libby and Lucy

it should be ok as long as she's not in the 50's (now watch her be in the 50's because I typed that!). Magnolia doesn't have much of a food spike these days anyway.

11. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

I suspect Scrabble was partying with Magnolia last night??? That is funny that she drinks with her paw, how cute!! Hope your night is good!

12. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

No she doesn't have many spikes at all lately. Awesome most of the time...may be frustrating tonight.

I guess I can always post before shooting if I'm not sure. I just feel helpless stuck here. I'm on someone elses schedule and he is running really really long. Grrrr.

I think scrabble and magnolia were chillin last night. Did scrabble come home smelling of green beer too?

13. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

Even with food in her belly, pmps was 81. I'll get a +1, this seems a little low.

14. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Come on Magnolia help Mama out! Scrabble was quite lively when I got home last night, think he had too much fun at the party, now he can barely keeps his eyes open, lol, hope your night goes good!!

15. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

Nice numbers for Magnolia! I' jealous. Boomer's been a little bluer lately.

16. Patricia&Brownie

Patricia&Brownie Member

Sara, my cat Simpkin has had seasonal allergies (especially in the spring) for about 10 years now. His nose gets a bit stuffy and runny and his EOS (eosinophils) on his chemistry panel is always high, esp in the spring. We have never treated him for it because it has never been that bad. Hope you figure out what is bothering Magnolia...

17. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sara -

I didn't know if you were aware of this part of the protocol.
    Tomorrow morning would be a week that Magnolia is at this dose. Her numbers have been in the green the vast majority of the time. If you want, you can reduce Magnolia's dose. This is the method that Kitty and Kathy have been using if you want to look at their SS.

18. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

Thanks Patricia for the allergy info, I don't think I will treat it now, it's not too bad, I was just curious.

And thanks sienne, I am familiar with that part of the protocol...she has had a couple of blues in the past week. I was waiting for 7 straight days of green. I'd be thrilled to decrease her in the morning! As long as I'm still following the rules...I'm in!

19. Libby and Lucy

there's a key word in the quote Sienne left, and that key word is overall. Magnolia has definitely been in the normal range (under 120) overall, the only weird number is the 159. In my opinion you can give it a try if you want, but we don't need to rush if you want to wait a couple of days.

She might be getting ready to earn a reduction by going under 50 too. I believe the way you're feeding is preventing the fast drops to under 50, which is actually a good thing since she can earn her reductions by staying in good numbers.

20. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

Yes I missed overall when I read it earlier in the week. I think I'll try a decrease tomorrow. I can always go back up if it doesn't hold. Yay!

21. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Congrats on the reduction!!

22. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Congrats on the dose crease!! You are doing so very well :mrgreen:

23. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

Thanks!!! We are pretty excited! Ok...magnolia couldn't care less, but I'm excited!

24. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

Wow - that's such great news for you guys!

25. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Yay we both get a dosecrease, sooooo exciting! Scrabble and Magnolia must have been conversing!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.