4/16 Mannie PMPS HI, +2.5 HI, +4.5 HI

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michelle and Mannie (GA), Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Good Morning LL!! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: (MochaMannie is in his element this morning - primo!), and happy Tuesday!
    LL beans! It is I!, MochaMannie, kitteh barista! For today I proudly offer Mannie's special 10 hr energy coffee, triple shot Breve's made from Sun-Dried Sumatra Rasuna beans. and for my mocha fans: a VENTI Quad Cimmamum and Frango Mint infused white mocha/mocha blend with Frango chocolate chips melted within, topped with a cimmamum whip garnished with cimmamum sprinkles, white chocolate curls and frango mocha drizzle....... PRIMO! Only the best for all my customers....OH! Tea infusions too, by request. They is primo too! I SWEAR! Today : cimmamum spice!! Psssstttt.... I gots scones and croissants too! AND! Spring is here, summer is coming: SO: Minty choco FRAPPE'S today!

4/15 in MannieLand

4/15 RECAP
    4/15 fuds: AM CYCLE: FF GLovers Beef w/ Gravy 20%, Evo Chicken and Turkey 2%, PM CYCLE: Weruva Cats in the Kitchen Double Dip 8%, FF Kitten OceanWhiteFish 5%
    4/15 amps 391: 1st cycle on this dose (.50), fed 20% HC
    +2 477 fed 2% LC
    +3.5 499
    +11 517 fed nutro kitten dry
    4/15 pmps HI: 2nd cycle on this dose (.50), fed 4% / 5% LC mix
    +2 HI
    +4 HI

4/16 amps HI: 3rd cycle on this dose (.50), fed 2% / 7% LC mix
    +2 HI
    +4 HI
    +6 fed catsip, kitten food
    +7.5 HI fed catsip
    4/16 pmps HI: : 1st cycle on this dose (.75), fed 19% HC, catsip
    +1 fed catsip
    +2.5 HI
    +3 fed catsip
    +4.5 HI fed catsip

Yesterday was... a repeat of the day before. Amps wasn't too bad, but there was no appy. I ended up dealing the shot until I could get some fuds in him. It (the fuds) was minimal at best, so we continued with the reduced shot. The main focus of yestedya was the IM vet visit in the morning. I had hoped for a better report, but I also know what I see daily with Mannie, the decline continues every day. It was a good visit with the IM vet, as they always are, She really does listen to what I have to report, gives me what she views as the best options. She is very good with Mannie, and I can tell he likes her. well anyways.... we hope that the latest meds will help him feel better, and want to eat. In the meantime, Mannie - here's to you, some very strong feel better vines. Lubs ya big guy! cat_pet_icon

I will include today what I wrote yesterday after the IM vet visit, in case anyone wants to see it or missed it yesterday:
    All is well in MannieLand. Once again he said so. :D :D I truly believe that he has accepted what is, and is OK with the way things are. When I told him yesterday we had to go back to the Vetty, he started to purr. I knew then, as I did last week when we talked and he purred, that he really is OK with things. It was his way of telling me that it's OK. It was another one of those moments over the course of the past few weeks that I will cherish and remember always. The purrs have been few and far between the past few weeks so when I get them I know they mean something, that there is a message there. Mannie, I am listening the best I can. It was a so so day for him yesterday. Appy just isn't there, and we hope the addition of the pred will help. I did find some kitten dry food, that initially he did not like, but did eat at about +11 AM cycle yesterday, maybe a couple of teaspoons. Hopefully he will continue to eat that: however it was a no go this morning. Muscle strength was a problem yesterday too. LB is normal as it can be right now, Ketones tests have been negative. Test was good this morning. :cool: a new Normalcy in MannieLand.

Have a great day everyone! it is a busy day here: breffis with my son, haircut for me after that, and then time in Seattle with friends, YaHOO! A social day. SWEET!

Hey everybody! WHAT A PARTY for Star -we did good! Tonight we get to do it all voe again for our Buddy Leo. DOODE - you is OTJ! So.... how about a planning meeting on Rusty's radiators? We can plan, munch on stuff, and then go have some funs! What'd'tya think? You guys in? Let me know - I am ready for anything!~~ Mannie

Completely OT: I went on a short hike/walk yesterday after Mannie's vetty visit, to Padilla Bay north of my home. It was a very nice shore walk. Here's the Picassa link to the photos: Padilla Bay

Attached Files:

2. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Re: 4/16 Mannie AMPS HI

((((Michelle)))) Healing vines for the big guy. I really really believe that our kitties know that we are doing everything we can and they appreciate it. That is all we can do. Please know that you are in my heart today and always. Have a wonderful day Michelle!

3. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Michelle :coffee: and Mannie, sending lots of appy and feel better vines and prayers today. I hope the prednisolone kicks in and helps his appy. Maybe the second go around with the kitten food will be a change and Mannie will like it. The purrs are sweet how he's telling you he's okay with seeing the Vetty and it's all a part of the plan. Mannie, how about eating some fuds today. Sounds like his mobility is not improving.
    Mags and I send extra big hugs and prayers today.
    Have a great time with your son at breffifs. sounds like fun and your time in Seattle, too.
    Mannnie, thank you for those triple shot Breves and 10 hour coffee. It is the best. Love ya, Auntie Ann

Mannie, I'm all set to party, but first need to get all my cookery aids. Yes, Rusty's radiator sounds like fun. ee ya at the curb, Mags

4. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

{{{{{{{{{{MICHELLE & MANNIE}}}}}}}}}} Blackie and I have have our paws, and fingers crossed for you. I wish for him to make a breakthrough and be on the mend. Come on, Mannie! PLEASE!!!!!

5. TheBowHuntress

TheBowHuntress Well-Known Member

Hi Michelle,

Gobbles and I are sending purry & kissy vines & feel better & eat vines to Manny.

You and your family and Mannie are in my prayers. I don't know if Gobbles prays, but I will ask him to pray for you, too (who knows? maybe our kitties do--cats are the epitome of how a Christian, so I like to think they are praying "people". I believe they have souls the same as people do. Just my opinion).

Your Mannie & you are so awesome and your strength is well, amazing.

6. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/16 Mannie AMPS HI, +2 HI

Sending a ton of appy and healing vines (((((((((((Michelle and Mannie))))))))))))))))))))) :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: cat_pet_icon

7. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Hi guys .. I am glad to read that mannie said all is well in mannieland .. I hope his appy picks up later on .. mmm mannie! Can you believe it? You are getting KIBBLES my friend, KIBBLES!!

8. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Good Morning, guys,

Mannie Barista, THANK YOU for our :coffee: :coffee: . Triple-shot was NEEDED!! Now, eat that good kitten food and make your mamabean happy. OK?

Michelle, I'm glad that you can get out today to do some fun things. Mannie will have a good day planning for Leo's party tonight.

Check in with you later,

Ella & Rusty

Yo Mannie, Great party last night. And we get to do the party for Leo tonight! See ya later on the radiators. We've got to plan a whole new menu for tonight!!
    Rusty

9. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Hey Mannie - Oh boy another party! How exciting is that! I love parties and I love to partee! I am the party queen! :D Just as long as I don't have to wear any silly hats! :eek:

You know Mannie, our beans worry way too much about us. We is good and we don't let anything stop us. No how, no sir, no way! Tell your bean to stop worrying and to start serving! Milk it for all it's worth Mannie Man, get all those yummy fuds and forbidden fuds and make sure you get on getting on with your nanners and adventures!

We've got a party tonight! I'm loading and locking the wagon! Woo hoo this will be fun.

Signed Maui the Magnificent, major fun time girlie

10. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/16 Mannie AMPS HI, +2 HI, +4 HI

Hi Michelle my thoughts and prayers are with you and Mannie! Paws crossed that the newest treatment helps him. Thinking of you guys!

11. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

((((Love ya' Mannie.))))

12. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Good Afternoon Michelle

So Mannie isn't too keen on the dry kitten food, huh? Did he get to try the wet stuff? If only love really did conquer all, then Mannie would be so wanting to eat, with all the love filled vines, his aunties are sending.

I hope you had a wonderful day of socializing, Michelle :smile:

13. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Morning Everyone! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: so so need today. maybe I'll have one more.... :coffee: and :lol: Mannie is doing so so this morning. His appy has not returned, and I got very very little in him this morning. I thought I'd try a small syringe feed, see how he took to it. I gave him some catsip in one, which went ok, not great. He was not thrilled with the fuds one. we shall see how this goes. Might be good to do the catsip that way for a while, until he meds kick in - if they do. He also ate a few kernels of kitten dry. With the numbers still HI, and the pred now on board, I know I will need up up the dose and get him off the alpha floor. sure would be easier if he would eat....

Hi Melissa :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: Many thanks on the vines. I think he knows too. Thanks so much for thinking of us.

Hi Ann :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: THX for all those vines - they are so appreciated! Me too on the pred, so far it hasn't, but it's only been one dose. He did eat a little more of the kitten food today, few kernels - better than nothing! :D Right you are: the mobility muscle strength has not improved: expected with the anemia not improving, and the potassium being low once again. so many issues! well he's doing the best he can, that purr told me so. :D THX on breffis and seattle: good times for sure!
    Auntie Ann - SWEET! I did good! You have made my day - I luvs you too!~~ MochaMannie, kitteh barista

Hi Angela :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: Many thanks - I hope so too. come on meds: work!

hi Kat :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: Many thanks for all those vines! We are grateful. Thank you for all you wrote - Mannie and I appreciate all the prayers.

Morning Lisa :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: Thank you so much! we keep on truckin'!

Hi Devon :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: I know on the kibbles! omg... and who would have thunk it. In just hope it helps. paws crossed. It is nice though that he is finding ways to tell me all is OK with him.

Morning Ella :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: Oh me too on the getting out today. Always a good thing I think,. Mannie has been so busy with party stuff this morning, no need to hoover! :D
    Auntie Ella! SWEET on the Joe: another winner! YAY!! I will try very hard on the fuds. I ate some this morning, and I promise to do better this afternoon. YUPP!~~ MochaMannie, kitteh barista

Morning Michelle :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: Thanks so much! I so hope on the meds. Paws are crossed big time. :D

Hi CD! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: so many thanks for that. hat a great kitty he is.

Hi Barb :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: so far it's a so so on the kitten food, well ANY food... shesshhh! If we can just kick in the appy I think he'd like it: sniffs alot but won't eat. I got some in him a little nit ago, so we hope he will be receptive later on. And yes, we tried dry and wet. same thing: just little interest. hope the pred starts to help with that. Hey - thanks, so far the socializing has been fun - off to Seattle in a few. SWEET!

Maui! i know! party after party - this is so mega cool! heeheehee on the silly hats. :D :D I like your thoughts: milk it! I shall - she's serving contraband! awesome!! and good contraband! I is one lucky dude! See ya in a few with that locked and loaded wagon. we gots partying to do! Mannie, always ready!

Rusty - DUDE! We did good last night - what a party!!! Off to your radiators -lots of planning to do... and meecees to catch - you gots any? They is needed for the menu! we may have to go to Leo's eraryl.... I hope he has some!~~ Mannie

Maggie - Me too! party in New Jersey!!! SWEET! I am so ready too for that radiator! See ya at the curb. ~~ Mannie

14. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope the pred starts boosting his appy soon...

Did you already have recordings of those purrs he's giving you? I'll go start a condo for how to do that so I can do it too.
    Scritches , more purrs and hugs ! Mannie.... We are all pulling for you!

15. terri1962

terri1962 Well-Known Member

Michelle,

Just visiting Mannie`s condo today to check in and see how he doing. Praying the Pred. will kick in soon and appetite will pick up. Sending appy vines and prayers for Mannie.

Terri

16. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Re: 4/16 Mannie AMPS HI, +2 HI, +4 HI, +7.5 HI

still HI. poor guy. We tried a little more catsip, he wasn't exactly enthusiastic. kitten food, and a few wet cans were a no go too. I sure so hope the pred works soon....

Hi Rhiannon - me too on the pred. I have videos with some purrs, but not just recordings. I sure will try over the next few days to get those. Thank for posting that condo - that would be a good way to go I think. Mannie says thanks for all the scritches and hugs and purrs!

Hi Terri - many thanks! I hope it does too. We seem to be in a holding pattern from yesterday -not much change. Paws are crossed for a better appy.

17. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Re: 4/16 Mannie PMPS HI

HI @ PMPS. still no appy. he licked a little gravy off of a teaspoon or two, nothing of any substance. I gave him some catsip, as much as he would tolerate before being was too upset, again not much. NO interest at all in the kitten food. :sad: I did up the dose a little to try and get him off of the alpha floor. I'm certain that the pred is messing with his BG. It is so hard to know how much insulin to give him. I just now that he can't remain on the alpha floor. If only he would eat... The pred seems to have perked him up some, but has done little for the appy so far. Dose #2 was given this morning.

18. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

((Michelle)), Sending truckloads of appy vines to Mr. Mannie.
    You are such a good mama. :YMHUG:

Mannie! Ready to party? I am! I gots my party hat on ~ haven't taken it off since my birfday! WOO HOO! We're eatin good fuds tonight! ~Ripley

19. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope the pred. kicks in soon and Mannie will eat some more for you. I hope you enjoyed your social day today.

20. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Prayers continue for our dear friend Mannie Boy! Hope the new meds kick in & Mannie rallies-
    Love You both so much & thinking of you always...
    We are going home at the end of this month, but now they want us to raise our house (huh? fat chance!!)

Just sending Love & Healing vines--I know only too well what you are facing now & want you to know I am here for you.
    Love & Hugs from me!

21. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Once again, just adding our prayers to the pile. No doubt the pred is adding to the alpha....hopefully a little extra juice will take that edge off. I don't blame you for not forcing the fuds issues...I, too, have recent memories. It's a difficult choice, and difficult balance, but it is so not worth stressing them out, not at this point. Just remember said that all is well in MannieLand...

22. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Mega appy vines coming your way, Mannie. Big hugs to you, Michelle. And kicking in vines to the pred!
    Liz

23. Lisa & Leo

Lisa & Leo Well-Known Member

Yo Mannie, those meece kabobs are ROCKING my belly ... oooooo, I is getting a bellyache already. Need more catnip to settle things! Get the black tie clothes off and get into the jacuzzi. Cannonballs! (Mamabean says for you to eat more fuds. What else better than New Jersey greens and deep fried spiders, right?) ~Leo

24. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Mags and I are adding to the appy vines and prayers for Mannie and for the pred to kick in and help. Mannie, time to party, and we all wish Leo the best at the Falls. Did Mannie have any yard time today? We had a cloudy day, but Mags just found some sun. Hugs and scritches to you, Mannie and Michelle.

25. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

All the appetite vines should have an effect soon, right Mannie? Or are you holding out for bacon.

Michelle, I hope you had a good day in Seattle. And I hope you got some good purrs when you got home.

We are thinking of your boy so much and hoping that the Pred. will kick in and that he will soon show an interest in eating. You have certainly tried everything. You haven't mentioned one of his old favorites, "Surf 'n Turf", in a long time. Do you still offer that one to him? Maybe some canned people tuna or salmon?

Anyway, the kitties are off to Leo's party and Chef Mannie's menu looks wonderful, as always.

Sending you lots of hugs, and lots of scritches for Mannie (and Elsa, too).

Ella & Rusty

26. terri1962

terri1962 Well-Known Member

Michelle,

I know Mannie is taking so many medicines. I keep praying he will eat. Once my cat Arthur would not eat and they gave him Valium to help him to eat. Not sure if you tried cooking him some chicken breast or anything else. I know you are trying probably most everything you can get him to eat.
    Still sending appy vines and prayers for Mannie to eat a little bit of something.

Terri

27. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Big hug to sweet Nanner King...ok, so a kind Man-NIE pet...lubs u too big guy...

HUG HUG HUG Michelle....you're amazing....and another hug....

28. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Re: 4/16 Mannie PMPS HI, +2.5 HI

HI @ +2.5. sigh.... my poor kitty. well he seems no worse for wear tonight. The sun has been great is afternoon. I just found him in a sunbeam, soaking up the rays. YAY! That has to feel good on his tired old bones. Enjoy Mannie!

Hi Roni - thank you so much. Me too on the meds, anytime now would be great. paws crossed that they do. Enjoy moving home. And omg on raising the house!... shesshhh!

Hi Amy - Thanks so much for the prayers - so appreciated! THX too on your thought of forcing the fuds issue. It is the same for me.... he just stresses so, it's not a matter of not wanting it, but one of major stress. I so hope the extra juice will help with that alpha... paws crossed! THANK YOU: I will remember all is well in MannieLand. it truly is.

Hi Liz - Hey - thanks! We need those vines. :D :D Mannie says they feel good. I have no doubt.

Hi Ann - Thanks too for all the thoughts and vines. I cannot tell all how much I appreciate them, and your thinking of us. Yes on the yard -well the deck,after that he just wanted to lay on the rug in the sun - much warmer so I let him. He does love those sunbeams too!
    Auntie Ann - LUVE THEM SCRITCHES!! Mannie

HI Ella - yes, I did! it was sunny and sorta warm, so we were able to sit outside for our coffee and get-together. That was really nice! Thanks for thinking of us, I so hope the meds do too. Oh yes on surf'n'turf - i rotate it in, had that about 4/5 days ago (i wonder if I missed listing it- it is ah rd to keep up with which cans he ate from from all that I open each feed. :roll: :lol: ). as with anything now he eats a bit, then is done. He still likes it well enough to get that bite in. same with Cowboy cookout! Yes on the tuna too - only will lick the juice, and on the tuna. same with the chicken. aiyee!
    Auntie Ella- THANKS YOU FOR THE SCRITCHES!!! ~~ Mannie.... psstttt - I is holding out for the bacon! heeheehee

Hi Terri - Thanks - me too! big time. He sniffs but just won't eat it. go figure, as it obviously smells good to him. so so trying. my poor kitty.... Yupp, been the chicken route too - anything I can think off actually. ;-) Thanks you so much for the vines, and for caring.

Hi Lyresa - thank you so much for what you wrote. I can so hear Nicholas saying "Man-NIE!" :D :D Mannie likes hugs too!

LEO!!!!! DOODE!!!!!!!!!!! heeheehee on the meecee kabobs they just had to be on your menu! I have fond memories of meecee hunting. funs! OOOOOOOOOOOOO! Cannonballs! I am so there- after i eat tons of those New Jersey greens and deep fried spiders!! YUMM! ~~ Mannie

29. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

Yay for sunbeams with kitties in them! Sending healing and healthy vines for the Big Boy! Hugs to both of you. Shasta and I are sending lots love your way.

30. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

oops!! Missed a few folks - so so sorry!

Hi Carla - THX! Me too on the pred and the appy. Paws crossed it is soon... And yes - I really did enjoy the time out - it was fun, and so good to see friends.

Hi Josie - many thanks! i try....
    Auntie Josie! THANKS FOR THE APPY VINES! I thinks they are working....~~ Mannie

Hi Deborah - I so agree - he was so happy there - squinty-eyed and all. Love it when he does that. so so relaxed! Thanks you for everything!
    Auntie Deborah - YaHOO! More vines - thanks they feel mega good! ~~ Mannie

Ripley - YUPP!!! Heeheehee - loves your party hat - it is mega cool. We gots lots of god fuds so bring your appetite too! We is gonna rock the house tonight!~~ Mannie

31. Sweeties-Mom

Sweeties-Mom Member

I sure hope that Mannie's appetite returns very soon. Mannie is an inspiration - I saw some yellow catnip bananas at the pet food store and just had to see what Sweetie would do with it - he likes it! Here's a video

Hey there Mannie - thanx for the tips on nanner luv. My bean got me one and I gotz so carried away I almost rolled off the bed with it! ~ Sweetie

32. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

HI @ +4.5 :YMSIGH: Got a little bit more catsip in Mannie, not much. Didn't take long before he was so done... stressed to the max. sorry Mannie.... :sad:

Hi Cathy -Thanks so much for all. I am so taken back by how Mannie has touched so many people. It is wonderful, and thank you for caring! HOW FUN with vid - he does like it! those nanners are really something else, no wonder Mannie guards his. :D Thanks so much for sharing.

Sweeite! YAY! Another nanner convert - they is mega cool huh! my fav toy above anything else. hey - they make great pillows and mattresses and everything! heeheehee on the bed thing. you is too funny! ~~ Mannie

33. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Have you tried that liver shake yet?
    or the KFC chicken?
    Aren't those the desperate measure foods ?

I've discovered Shadow loves the meat inside the popcorn chicken from Schwan's. If I fry a few for myself, she shows up and says "where's mine? " and she actually eats it....
    Shadow doesn't seem to really like chicken.... she prefers turkey so it's quite the surprise to me.

34. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sorry for the late visit Michelle. Still thinking of you guys as I popped on and off the board today. Hoping hard that pred and new dose kicks in VERY soon.

Mannie - another floor tomorrow please? I know the party foods were spectacular but leave the leftover dessert at Leo's place.

35. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I'm also late posting but wanted to check in on Mannie.

I hope the pred kicks in soon and he will eat. We need the Pres of the CPC back! Perhaps if you explain to him his very Important roles in LL, he will decide to eat:D

36. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Morning all :coffee:

Hi Rhiannon, not tried those specifically, but similar. a no go there too... haven't done the liver shake yet, maybe today i can. I can so relate tot he chicken thing - that is Mannie too: always shows whenever I have something like that. He does love his chicken. :D

Hi Wendy - no problem on the visit time. it is often the only time I have too. me too n the pred. dose 3 today, and so far it rally isn't helping much. maybe today it will kick in. I so wish on the floor.... nut nope: HI yest again...

Hi Marje - no problem, I am grateful for the visit. Me too on the pred. paws are so crossed. I know! Where is that CPC guy? he's in there somewhere. ;-) I hope he does too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.