4/15 Mannie PMPS HI, +2 HI, +4 HI ~ IM VET rpt

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michelle and Mannie (GA), Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Good Morning LL!! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: (Many please Mannie, it's Monday!), Happy First Day of the week, everyone!
    LL beans! It is I!, MochaMannie, kitteh barista! For today I proudly offer Mannie's special 10 hr energy coffee, Triple shot espressos, with beans from deep within the interior of Panama: Panama Paso Ancho, AND.... for all my Mocha fans: a Venti quad blackberry infused white mocha, with apple cimmamum whip, garnished with caramelized apple clusters, white chocolate shavings, a dusting of cimmamum and blackberry drizzle....... PRIMO! Only the best for all my customers....OH! Tea infusions too, by request. They is primo too! I SWEAR! Today : apple blackberry chai!! Psssstttt.... I gots scones and croissants too! AND! Spring is here, summer is coming: SO: blackberry creme with apple swirl FRAPPE'S today!

4/14 in MannieLand

4/14 RECAP
    4/14 fuds: AM CYCLE: Weruva Cats in the Kitchen La Isla Bonita 4%, FF GLovers Beef w/ Gravy 22%, FF Salmon and Ocean Whitefish 8%, Weruva Cats in the Kitchen Goldie Lox 4%, PM CYCLE: Weruva Paw Lickin' Chicken 4%, FF GLovers Salmon with Gravy 20%
    4/14 amps 300: 2nd cycle on this dose (.75), fed 4% LC / 20% HC mix
    +1 fed 9% LC
    +2.5 434
    +6 403 fed 4% LC
    4/14 pmps HI : 3rd cycle on this dose (.75), fed 4% LC / 20% HC mix
    +1 fed 4% LC
    +2 555 fed 4% LC
    +4.5 560

4/15 amps 391: 1st cycle on this dose (.50), fed 20% HC
    +2 477 fed 2% LC
    +3.5 499
    +11 517 fed nutro kitten dry
    4/15 pmps HI: 2nd cycle on this dose (.50), fed 4% / 5% LC mix
    +2 HI
    +4 HI

Yesterday was.... a day with a gorgeous amps followed by lots of nasty colored floors... blech! Appy was so so all day long, with the morning being a tad bit better than the evening meal. With pmps it was such a "battle": 15 (!!!) cans... I have been told my a couple of sources that kitten food often helps these kitties eat, dry kitten food works the best. It may not be the best thing for him, but right now fuds is fuds and he needs the food. So we shall give it a try. Today Mannie also has a vetty appt with his IM Vet. Lots of questions, and more value checks to see if we are making any headway. I so hope for a good report. Paws crossed. In the meantime, Mannie - here's to you, some very strong feel better, be blue vines. Lubs ya big guy! cat_pet_icon

All is well in MannieLand. Well, I hope it is. :D :D Like I wrote yesterday - he's so at peace with the way things are, even on the days when things aren't so great. I took him outside in the afternoon yesterday, We had some sun, a slight breeze. He sure did enjoy that: lots of sniffs, lots of kingdom surveying, lots of just being out in it. There was a happy look on his face, amongst all that nose twitching! SEE?: Mannie, Outdoors What a great afternoon for the Manster. :D :D The rest of the day was spent napping, in his bed. I've added some lfeece to it, for extra softness ad warmth. That he enjoyed too, once he got is set he way he wanted it. :lol: Appy was crappy this morning, as it is every morning now. LB is normal, Ketones tests have been negative. Test was good this morning. :cool: a new Normalcy in MannieLand.

Have a great day everyone! Mannie has an 8:30 AM appt, probably for about an hour or so. I hope that maybe later in the day I can head on out to hike one of the lowland trails up near the mountains. We shall see... Alot depends too on the weather . I shall hope for sun and blue skies. :D :cool:

Hey everybody! WOO HOO on yesterday- I so luvs them train rides! we gotta do that again before the snow melts up in the mountains. It was just too funs! Hey - chillaxin' time in the treehouse today, we gots to get ready for Star's OTJ Party. We is off to Iowa! SWEET!~~ Mannie

Completely OT: I went on a shore hike yesterday - just local stuff. It is the name place as other links, but a few different type shots. Here's the Picassa link to the photos: Meadowdale. I also took some photos of the flowers that are finally sating to bloom in the yard. Just for fun, her's the Picassa link to those photos: Flowers at home

2. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Re: 4/15 Mannie AMPS 391

I've got my fingers crossed, and Blackie has her paws crossed for a wonderful vetty report. I'm pleased to see that he's given you a pink #, even if it is a bit on the high side. Wishing for him to make a full and speedy recovery. I hope that the weather is good enough for you to get a hike in. I look forward to hearing what the vet said. Try and have a good day.

Hey, Mannie... Is Blackie here... Hope you feel better very soon, big buy! We all lubs you on here. You need to get your appy back so that your strength will come back, and you can get to feeling better. I can share some of my Evo with ya if you want. it's good stuff!!! Honest! Full of protein, and vitamins, and oh so tasty, too! Maybe we can haz a party somewhere Friday... Gather everyone on here, and haz a grand ol' time. I'll make some Catnip Dip, and some Sushi Rolls, and Some Mackerel Casserole! ~ Blackie

3. ecurie

ecurie Well-Known Member

Good morning Michelle,
    I'm sending your two tons of vetty vines and prayers. paws and fingers crossed that Mannie will like the kitten fuds. Munch Mannie Munch! Thanks for sharing the photos! He is such a handsome boy and wise soul ...so enjoying his sniffs. Your flowers are gorgeous. Spring brings SUCH cool flowers.

MochaMannie.. oh baby baby!!!! mocha, triple shots AND frappe for me this morning, please. It's me...again.. at the end of the driveway, fuzzy slippers and all. :lol: :lol: :lol: Bring it on sweet barista!

ok, dude. i'm chillaxin mood! Can i try the zipline again?? First we'll get the vetty smell off you!! Then i promise to get down to bidness with the PAARRRTTTYYY! I'm bringing my party duds and kitchen stuff with me so i don't have to go home before the party. see you in a sec. oliver

4. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Michelle :coffee: and big aww......on the pics of Mannie enjoying the outside yard. He is such a gorgeous kitty! He looks so at peace being outside and right there all is right in MannieLand. Sending lots of appy and healing vines and also good Vetty vines. I may be gone when you get back home but will check in later on IM Vetty appt. I read about adding the kitten food for likes and added weight and what a great idea. I bet Mannie will like it. Mannie, how did you know I need Triple Espressos today, many thanks and lots of hugs, Auntie Ann. Michelle, I hope, too, you can get in a hike today. We had some rain overnight, so hope that means sun your way.
    Mannie, chillaxin in the Treehouse sounds like a nice plan and getting ready for Star's OTJ party. I've gotten better at the cooking thing, so I can help out more, too. See ya same spot, Mags

5. Lisa & Leo

Lisa & Leo Well-Known Member

Hi Ann Michelle (Needed my :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: )- I hope Mannie will get some fuds down the hatch, and whatever works works at this point. Poor guy has to get his energy up for all the cooking and partying he's gonna be doing the next couple days! Vines for the vetty visit today, paws crossed for continued not rotten news.

Yo Mannie my Man! Time to get ready and par-TAY at Star's! We comes over and helps out today, and you gets some rests 'cause you gotta be primo grill master. But I helps out too so your paws don't get tired with all the flipping and stuffs. ~ Get me at the back window, Leo

6. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning, Michelle ~ fingers and paws crossed here, too, for a good IM visit.
    I hope Mannie likes the kitten fuds.
    Sending a garden-full of vines!
    :YMHUG:

Mannie, some Tree-House Rest and then a Star Party sounds purrfect. I'll bring some leftover bday cake to the tree ~ it's loaded with shrimp treats! ~Ripley

7. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Since you are going shopping anyway - how about trying catsip. It comes in premade cans, boxes as well as container where you mix yourself by adding water. Usually it's given to nursing moms and kittens, but he may like it and worth a try.

Hey Mannie,

Do you have the fireplace on in your treehouse. It got cold here and I don't like it. I want to lay by the fire and warm my paws and nose. The bean's bed is ok, but not warm enough. Although I do like getting my fuds served in bed. Will you serve my fuds by the fireplace.... :lol: . See I will get you to work for me yet!

I'll even share my fuds with you, it's really yummy.

Signed Maui the Magnificent, always looking for good help

8. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Good Morning, Michelle

I love the photos of Mannie enjoying the ourdoors. He really is a gorgeous cat!
    Sending loads of 'good vetty visit' vines, and prayers for a little progress in the report.

Hey Mannie, you mama's gonna get you some different fuds to try. I hope you love them. If you love the kitten fuds, the other kitties are gonna tease you, but you won't care, 'cause you're eatin' yummies, and they aren't! :lol:
    Your Good Bud
    Checkers

9. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Good Morning, Guys,

Fingers and paws crossed for a good vetty visit this morning. Mannie Barista, we loved that espresso this morning. Just what we needed to get going. THANK YOU!

Michelle, those are beautiful pics of Mannie in your garden, enjoying springtime. He is such a handsome guy. Loved the pics of the spring flowers, too, and the spring green on the trail.

Gotta go now to take Edward to his emergency dental appointment, but will check back with you later.

Hugs,

Ella & Rusty

Yo Mannie, I'm on my way to the tree house and then to the OTJ party for Star. I've got all my grillin' stuff ready to roll. See ya soon, man, and when you get back from the vetty, we'll all be there to deal with the smell.

Your pal,
    Rusty

10. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Mannie looks like he really enjoyed that outdoor time. He is such a handsome cat :cool:
    Good luck at the vet today and paws and fingers and toes crossed for a good report.

11. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Sending good vetty vines and mega appy vines. The kitten food is a good idea. That's great that he got to enjoy the yard yesterday. :D :D Go Mannie!
    Liz

Mannie, dude, we are on the same floor! Let's you and me find some lower floors, maybe even the blue floor so the BMG can perform.
    ~Z

12. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Re: 4/15 Mannie AMPS 391, +2 477

Morning everyone! Happy Monday! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Hi Angela :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: THX, we hope for a good vetty report too. The pink was nice, sure hope he doesn't head on up. I sure hope so too on the speedy recovery/feeling better, paws are so crossed. THX, will do on today. :D

Morning Mary :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: THX on the vetty vines, I hope it goes well. And that the kitten fuds will help with the eating situation. THX on the photos - and that he is: a very wise soul.. I like that description - it fits.
    Auntie Mary - good huh! heeheeheee - I sees you, waiting at then end of your driveway. Hey - I likes them fuzzy slippers!!~~ MochaMannie, kitteh barista

Morning Ann :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: THX on the pics - he sure did enjoy that. It was a great time for him. Many thanks on the vetty vines, and I so hope on the kitty food. paws crossed it will get him eating again. THX on the hike - I do plan on it, once Mannie is home and I've got the new kitty fuds bought. :D Weather is so so right now, but we are supposed to get sun.
    Auntie Ann - i gots this crystal ball... and it tells me what everyone wants. It's darn accurate too! :D Heeheehee - I likes them hugs!! ~~ MochaMannie, kitteh barista

Morning Lisa :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: I so agree: fuds down the hatch is so so needed. And it if takes dry kitty food, then so be it. Right you are - the boy ahs parties to cook for! :D and me too on the no more rotten vetty news. THX on the vines!

Leo - DOODE! hey ou guys are the best - thanks for all the help, cuz I am going to need it! i will rest the best I can, grillin' awaits and I gots to be the best there is. I LUVS grillin'! Heeheehee on all that flippin' - that is so true, I can sue help with all that flippin'! you is the best! See ya at the back window. ~~ Mannie

Maggie! Cool - we are good to go then. Treehouse it is. Woo HOO! You can so help with the cooking - you do a great job. I am so excited - we are off to Iowa!~~ Mannie

Oliver! DUDE! YUPP! Zip line installed and fully operational. ZiPPPPPPPPPPPPP! cool on the vetty smell... i know i will stink, that place is the worst on smells... ok, ready to chillax here~ Mannie

Blackie! I know.... I will sure try to eat better. You gots Evo? YUM! My bean bought some too,a d she says I can have that today. I hear it is mega good. OOOOO! Friday sounds great! Those are my favorite fuds! Let's do it!~~ Mannie

13. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

oh boy did I miss a few folks - sorry!

Morning Josie :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: Many THX. I too hope it is a good visit, paws are crossed big time. Vines are so appreciated. Here's hoping too on the kitten fuds, as we have tied so many things... hopefully this will be what he needs. :D

Morning Hillary :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: oh wow - excellent tip, i will look for that. it is one I have not thought off, maybe it would help. THX

Morning Barb :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: THX so much on the photos. I too think he is a very pretty kitty, love the blend of the black and the gray with the cream colors. THX for the vetty vines, we too hope there will be progress, and that the report can be viewed as positive.

Morning Ella :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: THX - I too so hope the the vetty visit will be good, positive. THX on Mannie's photos. He had such a good time out there, even though the weather wasn't the best - he just didn't care, and soaked up all he could. lots of good sniffs! THX on the other pics too - we are finally starting to see spring here. Now if it would just warm up a bit. ;-) Good dental vines for Edward!
    Auntie Ella! YAY! Another successful delivery. I am so glads that you liked the espresso. I will be back shorty with more, 'K? ~~ MochaMannie, kitteh barista

Morning Dyana :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: TX for the visit! Thanks so much on the Mannie pics - he rally did enjoy the outdoor time. In his younger days that is where he spent alot of time. Always close to the house, but out for sure. THX so much too on the vetty visit. Paws crossed here.

Morning Liz :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: many many thanks for all the vines. He so needs them. I hope so too on the kitten food -we will give it a shot, maybe it will be the ticket to get him back into the food thing. Paws crossed. A big yes on the outdoor time. :D :cool:

Z! DUDE! we is? cool - company on "that floor" . I am so there - let's do it! The BMG needs to be at Star's party! ~ M

Rusty - DUDE! Awesome man, as I know I will so need the KTSS! THX, you guys are the best. I am so ready to help you with the grillin' at the party - mega good times!~~ Mannie

Checkers! DUDE! My bean said she would fuds shop for me I am excited - they sound mega good! heeheehee.... it is true! I won't care cuz I'll be eating contraband. SWEET!~~ Mannie

Maui - YUPP! We gots a fireplace wood stove/ fireplace thing in the treehouse, and it is toasty warm in there. Fire is all stoked and doing its thing. Mega warm! you is too funny... served fuds by the fireplace? heeheehee. silly Maui. See ya soon! ~~ Mannie, already employed

Ripley! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! left over b'dy cake? AWESOME! I so luvs shrimps! See ya soon!~~ Mannie

14. Lisa & Leo

Sorry on calling you Ann... my post must have passed Mannie on his way over here with my wake up espressos!

I have decided my favorite picture of Mannie is #9146 ... third from the end. It looks like he's the master surveying his domain with not a care in the world, except making sure no one else touches the grilling utensils!

15. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Re: 4/15 Mannie AMPS 391, +2 477, +3.5 499

399 @ +3.5. still with the no appy... And - we are off to the vet - wish us luck. :D

Hi Lisa - no problem! I have done that before, many times. read what somebody posted and then the names get switched even though I truly know who I am visiting... no problem really. THX on the pic - I like that one too, for the same reasons. One can truly tell how at home he is in his backyard. Weather permitting we will be back outside again today. :D on the grillin' utensils!

16. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Re: 4/15 Mannie AMPS 391, +2 477, +5 449 ~ IM VET rpt

well, we are back. It was a good vetty visit, with an honest discussion with Mannie's IM vet. We discussed several options in regards to Mannie's care, and base on his current physical condition, and labs, we are down to our last ditch effort. We have explored all options, including an extensive vet stay to attempt to help Mannie recover. But the hard fact remains: he is critically ill, what all ails him will take him down, whether it is two months, a week. I find it ironic that, unless he responds to the last effort, then her initial assessment of two week is on target. In a way I knew it in my heart. I will hope beyond all hope that the addition of the new med will help him. Paws crossed big time. IM VET REPORT: The anemia has worsened, down to 22% despite the addition of darbepoetin. He did receive another injection today to keep that going in case the addition of steroids does make a difference. Potassium level have once again fallen below minimum range, despite the continued medications to address the hormonal problems. All CBC tests are below minimum range. The CRF items are constant, some have steadied, others have increased. He is still considered a stage 4 CRF kitty. Our last ditch effort will be the addition of prednisilone, knowing full well that it will mess with his FD. This is in an attempt to get the eating back on track, and to deal with possible pancreatitis, or maybe the possible development of bowel disease. If this improves his eating then we can deal with diabetes dosing after that. We also discussed the addition of "R". It is her opinion not to follow this course. She felt that with a healthy kitty that has a medical crisis resulting in elevated BG's that R is appropriate. But not with a kitty that is in decline over such an extended period of time, with too many other health issues. So - no R. We all discussed forced/syringe feeding, and she is of my opinion also: too much trauma for a kitty that never did take to it well, and a kitty that is feeling as bad as Mannie does: way too much stress on an already stressed out system. So.... there you be. I hope i haven't left anything out. We will see how the addition of steroids affects him, and should know in a couple of days if it will indeed help him. Paws are so crossed. If not, well Mannie will be allowed to transition with the utmost quiet dignity and grace. I owe him that much.... Luv ya big guy!

And now off to the pet store to look for kitty food. I so hope he like it enough to want to eat it...

17. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/15 Mannie AMPS 391, +2 477, 5 449 ~ IM VET rpt

Oh Michelle, I am sorry.

The pred should help with the appy and even help him feel a bit better. At this point, it is all about finding things he will like - including bacon! and all about making him as comfortable as possible. No matter how much in your head you understand the inevitable, in your heart it doesn't matter.

It sounds like Mannie is slowly shutting down and soon he will have had enough. I believe you will know when that time happens and until he tells you, as Dorie says, just keep swimming.... He has lived a good life and you will give him that last final gift, to go in peace and dignity - well not too much dignity, after all, it is a must that you give him a snot halo to help send him on his way. All well loved kittehs get one. And he is very well loved. I gave one to Sydney and I know she wore it proudly.

You also may be able to find someone (or ask your vet) if they would help him at home. This way he can be in his backyard, surrounded by his domain and nanners, rather than taking him to the vet.

I realize mentioning this is not what you want to read or think about, but if you can be mentally prepared and have a plan, then won't have to think about it or dwell on it.

My heart is breaking with you. You are not alone! Remember that!

18. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Dearest Michelle,
    My first instinct is to try to cheer you a little, but if I were to say anything light and optimistic right now, I'm afraid it would sound like I didn't really take to heart what you've been saying all along :cry:

I pray that the steroid and some yummy smelling, kitten food, will make him want to eat, and that he feels as strong and as good as possible with the issues he has.
    What I pray for, is quality time, for as long as possible, with darling Mannie.

19. Denise & Honey

Denise & Honey Well-Known Member

Just to say that my thoughts are with you and hoping things improve.
    (((((Michelle & Mannie)))))

20. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Well, not a terrible report, but we were all hoping right along with out for something better. Praying that the pred will help his appy enough to get things jump started. Sending toms of eating vines.

If Mannie is a milk lover the Catsip is a good idea, basically it's lactose free milk w/ taurine added. We give it sometimes for a treat. EVO does make a lower carb dry food, if that 's what it takes. I also just herd of another dry food that is supposedly low carb. I'll look it up

Sending all the eating vines I can find to Mannie and hugs to you.

Mannie. thank you for the Triple shot espressos, with beans from deep within the interior of Panama: Panama Paso Ancho, that is the bestest! -- Auntie Annbean

Mannie, allset to get the pastries under way for the party, AFTER we get the vetty smell off you though. We can't have party fuds smelling of vetty! :eek: Hey, cool on the photo shoot yesterday. You is so patient to put up w/ all that! -- Tess

p.s. I lubs you, my bestest friend. Please eat!

21. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

((hugs))

22. Lisa & Leo

(((Michelle))) I wish I could do or say something to magically make everything ok. But all I can say is that I hope Mannie continues to have good days and that you continue to take joy and happiness from his handsome furry self. The pictures are just wonderful and I'm sure you'll look back on those pictures with a lot of love and smiles, seeing Mannie lounging in his kingdom. I wish his numbers would stabilize just enough for the meds to start working and then surf him like you do with the BGs. I agree with the vet, the FD should take a back seat to the more acute issues, and get some good fuds in that little guy!!!

Mannie, my favorite barista! It is remarkable that despite all you are going through, you still manage to make your daily deliveries of all those good :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:!!! I will always always think of my furry barista whenever I buy coffee at any of those lesser, lower class and bland tasting coffee establishments. I love you Mannie! :: hugs and scritches :: Auntie Lisa

You Mannie my man! Blow off the beans and let's get hopping on the vet-de-smellification and get this party started! ~Leo

23. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

(((((Michelle))))) Thank you for the update. I wish it was better news. Sending more appy vines and vines for the steroid.
    Liz

24. Sherry & Zoe (GA)

Sherry & Zoe (GA) Well-Known Member

((((((((Michelle)))))))

I am so sorry to read about Mannie being so ill. I have not been around for awhile due to some physical problems of my own. You and Mannie will be in my prayers.....I hope the prednisolone helps with the appy and makes him feel better (I know it has helped me, in the past)

Hugs and love to you and Mannie.

Sherry

25. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Michelle, I am so sorry for the news and it sounds like the prednisolone is the last ditch effort. I hope and pray the pred helps his appy. I know it helps us hoomins. You see Mannie every day and how much he has declined. As much as we all hope he will rally, and there's always hope, Mannie will let you know when it's time. You are really in tune with him.
    I hope the kitten fuds help. I do remember Stella was feeding a dry fuds. I don't recall if she mentioned the name of it. Lots of hugs and prayers.

Mannie, I'll bring my lavender lotion to help get the Vetty smell off you. I'm a little jealous that you may be eating some dry fuds. Think you could sneak in some samples for us starving kitty friends. Love ya, Mags

26. Re: 4/15 Mannie AMPS 391, +2 477, 5 449 ~ IM VET rpt

Hi Michelle, I am so sorry about the news you have received on Mannie. I was so hoping things would get better for him and you. (((hugs))). You are in my prayers.

Jo

27. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Michelle I'm sorry the news wasn't better. I hope the steroid helps Mannie feel better and you can find some kitty food he will eat so he can feel his best during however much time he has left. I know it is hard, but I hope you can make some good memories. Sending hugs and prayers.

28. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

((((Michelle)))) Nothing more to add to what has been said above. Just adding vines for pred to work and kitten or other food to be found to give Mannie some interest in fuds. :YMHUG: :YMHUG: You are a wonderful bean to our favorite barista.

The pics of him outside looked like he was still enjoying his life - hoping hard for many more dry days like that for him to explore his domain.

29. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Michelle))), sending endless vines and love to you guys. cat_pet_icon
    Mannie's in good hands with you. :YMHUG:

PS: LOVE the photos! Such a confident, handsome guy.

30. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

(((Michelle))) I am keeping both of you in my thoughts and hoping that the pred helps him. (((Mannie))).

31. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Just adding my thoughts and prayers to the pile!!!

32. terri1962

terri1962 Well-Known Member

Michelle,

I always read Mannies condos and look at his pictures. I am sending prayers and vines for Mannie that the Pred. will help him a bit.

Terri

33. ecurie

ecurie Well-Known Member

((((Michelle and Mannie ))))
    I wish this was better news. All my love, hope and prayers. mary and ollie

34. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/15 Mannie AMPS 391, +11 517 ~ IM VET rpt

((((((((((Michelle and Mannie))))))))) thinking of you both and hope the pred helps

35. Emily and Baby

Emily and Baby Member

(((Michelle and Mannie))))) I'm sending you the biggest hugs possible! I, too, wish there was something I could say that would lessen the pain that must be in your heart during this time. I so hope the new meds improve his appetite and help him feel a bit better. You really are the best bean Mannie could ever want and I know he loves how much you care so unconditionally for him and want what is best for him. Thank you for posting his gorgeous pictures; he is such a handsome boy! I hope you have found some food that appeals to him and that he gets enjoyment from :) Hang in there as best you can and make sure you take time for you, when you can. Healing vines of every kind to you both.

36. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

517 @ +11. <Mannie ate a ittle bit of the Nutro kitten dry, maybe 2 small teaspoons. it's a start. I will check him in a hour, our adjusted shot time tonight to see where he is at,and how shootable all is.
    When we came home today I tucked him in in his bed, so he could sleep and recover from the vetty visit. I told him I'd leave him be, be back in a few hours. He gave me that squinty-eyed look of his and went to sleep for a nap. So we gave hugs , told him we loved him , and be a good boy. I went on a short shore walk up by Bellingham @ Padilla Bay, just to unwind some, soak up a few rays. Mannie was still napping when I got home.

SO many visitors while I was gone! Thank you all for checking on, and caring for Mannie. It means the world to us. Emily, Lisa, Mary, Terri, Amy, Linda, Josie, Wendy, Carla, Jo, Ann, Sherry, Liz, Anne, Lisa, Devon, Ann, Denis, Barb and Hillary - THANK YOU! You guys are the best. Forgive me for not answering you each individually.... I hope that the prednisilone will help Mannie at least have some decent days. It was encouraging tonight to see him eat a little of the kitten food. so for now we hope for good days, making him feel good, be comfortable. We hope for qulaity time for as long as it is possible.
    Hillary - thanks you for all you wrote. it is all as you said. And I appreciate you saying it. Thankyou!
    Ann - I did get some catsip too. He loves dairy so hopefully this will meet with his approval too.
    Lisa - yes, FD has now taken a back seat. the IM vet ad I hope that the pred will help, and then we can see how things go. Mannie say o tell you that he luvs being a barista - keeps him going knowing he can visit everyone everyday.
    Ann (Maggie) - I believe he will. He purred for me this morning when I told him we had to go the vet again. Haven't heard one since last week. His way of telling me he's OK with things, and not to worry. I know he will let me know.

TESS! I STINK! Hurry with the KTSS please! I am so yuck!, but ever so ready to party - let's roll! We gots to get to Iowa! oH! Cool photo shoot huh! silly bean..... ~~ Mannie. pssttt - you are nay bestest friend too!
    Leo! DOODE! Deed done! and let's roll ~ Mannie
    Maggie - YAY! Lavender - I luvs lavender. pssstt - I will save you a bite of my kibble... ~~ Mannie

37. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

Michelle, I would like for you to tell Mannie that I, too, just got a steroid shot and I have high hopes for both of us. ;-) But on a serious note, I am praying for both of you. Mannie is such a high class kind of guy and he loves you so much, none of this can be easy for either of you. I wish I could give you both big hugs. I love the pictures of Mannie enjoying his outdoors. He looks so content...loving his domain and loving his mama. Blessings to both of you. Sending prayers and vines. xo

38. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

((((Michelle & Mannie))))

Michelle, I know we all were hoping for a better report, but I also know that Mannie will always be Mannie and will live his remaining days with grace and style. After all, he is our Kitteh Barista, our Master Chef, our Outings Leader, and our Dear Friend.
    We are with him and with you every step of the way. We hope and pray for much quality time.

:YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: s and cat_pet_icon

Ella & Rusty

Yo Mannie, my buddy, my pal, Your menu for Star's OTJ party tonight is da bomb! We will have so much fun cookin'--and eatin' all those fuds. Party fuds are the best, right? Let's make lots so we have tons of leftovers for tomorrow.
    I'm on my way with all the grillin' stuff. See ya soon,
    Your pal,
    Rusty

39. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Re: 4/15 Mannie PMPS HI ~ IM VET rpt

(((((Michelle))))) so sad, sending scritches for your gorgeous boy.

I know wat will make u feel better Mannie, Ize on my way with de gum leaf likor, we will drink and singz all thru de night - love Vyktor

40. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

((((((((Michelle and Mannie)))))))))
    I hope the steroids make a difference and I hope you have many more Good days together.
    I was just about to post a condo about how to record our kitties purrs and grunts and vocalizations. I'm trying to figure out that one myself.....looking at this http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Digital-...TF8&colid=3A9HJCE5GG5CZ&coliid=I2PQT8DF5FQ858
    I can't remember if you said you already had recordings...

really praying and crossing paws that the new meds help Mannie find some improvements.

41. GregFurBall

GregFurBall Well-Known Member

Hugs to you Michelle. I can't really say anything new that hasn't already been said. You and sweet Mannie are in our prayers. Hoping that the pred helps and his new fuds give him some nourishment. What a smorgasboard that sugarbaby gets. :smile:

Karen

42. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Re: 4/15 Mannie PMPS HI, +2 HI ~ IM VET rpt

Hi @ +4. bummer.... appy still remains a problem, nothing since pmps. :sad: Kitten food was ok at first, now nothing. I so hope he will feel more like eating in the morning.

Thanks to all who have visited since I last posted: Ella, Karen, Rhiannon, Serryn,- I'm sorry I missed you all for answers - my DS stopped by so we've been visiting. SO nice to see him! :D
    Rhiannon - thanks you for the link! So appreciated!!
    Ella - thank you! This is wonderful!: he is our Kitteh Barista, our Master Chef, our Outings Leader, and our Dear Friend
    Deborah - thank you too! Cyber hugs received!
    Serryn! I made sure he got those scritches!!

Vyktor - DUDE ! Bring that gum leaf likor - singing thru the night: PERFECTO! you bets tie me in my chair though - I is a bit wobbly. See ya my friend! ~~ Mannie
    Rusty - DUDE - we did good! Hey - Leo's tomorrow - I am so stoked! pssssst: leftovers RULE! ~~Mannie

43. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

((((Michelle and Mannie))))). I'm sorry the report is not what you and all of us were hoping to hear. Paws crossed the treatments start to work for him but if they don't, your heart will guide you, and we will all be here for you.

Sending many prayers and KTSS...Tobey has an extra special massage just for Mannie.

Great pics!

44. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Re: 4/15 Mannie PMPS HI, +2 HI ~ IM VET rpt

No problem Mannie, I have de special soft silky ties dat I usually reserve for Maggie ;-)

Ella forgot one - he is also King of the Nanas! I have lost count of how many people I have told about Mannie and his nanas.

45. tortie58

tortie58 Well-Known Member

Hope Mannie feels better, Michelle.
    Ive dealt with too many picky eaters, try out new food, even dog canned food too. Sometimes, I panfried their fish canned to make it extra smelly helps to boost their appy.

46. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Morning everyone!

Hi Helen, and many thanks. We do too! Been doing the same ting for the appy - whatever it takes. THX!

Hi Serryn - yes she did - the king of the nanners for sure. I have told so many people too. He does love them.
    Vyktor - dude! you is the best! and that'll work! SWEET! ~~ Mannie

Hi Marje - thanks. We hope the latets thing helps him. Paws are crossed. And you are right - we will see how he does. I know he will tell me. Mannie can't wait for the massage - nice Tobey! Hey - thx on the pics

47. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

I missed your condo yesterday. ((((Michelle)))) Thinking of you and holding you both in my heart. I hope the prednisolone helps. We had to raise Tarragon's insulin a little since he is on it daily, but he is still on a manageable dose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.