4/9 Jupiter PMPS-284 worried about Jupiter/ dose incr ?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jamie & Jupiter, Apr 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamie & Jupiter

Jamie & Jupiter Well-Known Member

Yesterdays condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=92815

All of my cats seem very happy today - they love that the weather is finally warm enough for me to open the windows!!

I plan to buy a meter this weekend to test Jupiters Ketones.

I used the confirm meter to test Jupiter this morning - and now I will use the prime and will try my best to keep using the prime only. Was alternating between the 2 meters - didnt realize it was best to stick with just one. I like the confirm so much better and I find it much easier to use - but the prime is much cheaper for the test strips. Will start using the prime all the time with the exception of days I am having a lot of trouble getting enough blood - but on those days I will stick with the confirm for the whole day then.

Now if I can just get Jupiter transitioned to pate =]

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Re: 4/9 Jupiter AMPS-311/+2-292

Hi guys .. At least we see some yellow already jupiter, well done! We really like the relion micro .. test strips were the cheapest, and easiest, for us to get .. Have a great day guys!

3. Tara & Buster

Tara & Buster Well-Known Member

Re: 4/9 Jupiter AMPS-311/+2-292/+5-296/+8-288

How wonderfully flat you are today, Jupiter! Now you just need to do that one floor down...work that joos, buddy!

FYI, I use the Relion Prime and don't seem to have any issues. I am able to get my test strips online via the Walmart link at the top of this page. I buy them 6 boxes at a time so I get the free shipping :thumbup

4. Katie & Mego (GA)

Katie & Mego (GA) Member

Looks like a flat day for Mr. Jupes! I wonder if there's another increase coming his way? By the way, Mego loves his gift. We tried it out at test time today and I thought he was going to chomp my fingers off giving it to him. :lol: Mego says Thanks Meow Jupiter! :D

5. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

I also wonder if Jupiter's planning something... a reduction, perhaps?
    Like Tara, I use the Prime happily and order strips online.

I hope you guys are having a great day! :D

6. Jamie & Jupiter

I am a little worried about Jupiter... he seems really really really overly tired today.

I dont think hes ever this tired.. Earlier- I tested him, gave him a treat, & went to wash my hands. Turned around and there he was sleeping on the desk where I test him at (he never ever sleeps there-he usually has specific spots he likes to lay and sleep)... Just dipped the cats toys into catnip (they love catnip and they play with their toys that are dipped into it and usually they get really excited) Jupiter played for a minute then I turned around and he is sleeping on his toy..

7. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/9 Jupiter AMPS-311/+2-292/+8-288 worried about Jupiter

Hopefully it's just the day and now something brewing.
    I don't remember... is he in need of a dental?

If not, It seems most everyone talks of less energy when numbers are in the 300's.... and 288 is pretty much the same....
    It's when he gets below 200 that he'll really start feeling better.

8. Jamie & Jupiter

Is this something I should be concerned about? I really dont think this is "like Jupiter"..

9. Jamie & Jupiter

hes never had a dental before... They always look at the cats teeth at the vet when they go in for an appt. His teeth and gums look really good..

The past couple days hes been really playful.. And even on days his numbers are higher I have never seen him like this.. he fell asleep right after testing.. a minute after playing.. he even fell asleep right next to his food bowl earlier.. i just really think he seems "off" today.

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Do you have Ketostix? If not, you can get them at any pharmacy. Whenever I hear that a cat is lethargic, I suggest testing for ketones.

11. Jamie & Jupiter

I just dont think I will be able to test his urine.. he wont go in the litter box if I am in the room with him

12. Jamie & Jupiter

I am going to go buy some now and try my best to test him tonight

13. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

You can put some plastic wrap over the litter in the box, and make little indentations in the it, and when he goes you can test the pee where it has run into the small indentations. Good luck getting a test. I just wait until J.D. is in the process of going and then hold a very small plastic cup under his tail, and tell him what a good boy he is when I'm done.

14. Tara & Buster

Tara & Buster Well-Known Member

I probably missed you before you left, but you can try something like aquarium gravel in the litter box (rinse it off first). That way the urine won't clump and you don't have to witness the event. I hope Jupe perks up for you :sad:

15. Jamie & Jupiter

I bought the urine strips.. if he is acting like this tomorrow (and I havent yet successfully gotten a test) I will take him to a nearby vet to be tested. I plan to order a meter online that also tests for ketones. Checked out all local pharmacies and they said they have never even heard of such a thing!

16. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

NovaMax and PrecisionXtra are the two meters that I know of.

17. Jamie & Jupiter

Yeah I found a medicial supply store that I think may sell the meter. They are not open.. will call tomorrow morning - as long as its reasonably priced I will buy it before Jupiters AM dose. Until then, I will try with the urine strips...

18. Jamie & Jupiter

Anyone have thoughts on when his next dose increase should be?? Think he needs a little more time to settle into this dose?? Or increase his dose tomorrow??

Thanks everyone for the replies

19. Katie & Mego (GA)

Katie & Mego (GA) Member

Hi Jamie, I hope Jupe is ok. Try not to worry until you have some answers. Have you tried any of the suggestions you've been given with the LB? It sounds like Jupiter is just as cooperative with his pee as he is so far with the insulin. ohmygod_smile He'll come around. Mego would sometimes get very lethargic in the high AND low numbers. I would always pay close attention to him but he was always ok. Maybe it's a sign something is about to change for him? I hope things work out with the ketone meter. Let me know how things are going tomorrow.

20. Jamie & Jupiter

I am going to try some of those ideas tonight.. he hasnt tried to go to the litter box yet...

21. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Your question about increasing Jupiter's dose is right on schedule. You can increase after 3 days/6 cycles. You can increase to 2.25u tomorrow morning if you're ready.

22. Katie & Mego (GA)

Katie & Mego (GA) Member

Just be patient with him as you try. Mego made me wait 9 hours before he'd go in the LB so I could get his pee sample for the vet. I truly thought his bladder might explode! But he finally gave up and went in. You can do this too Jamie... it's just one more thing you'll be able to check off on the list of things you'd never thought you'd ever do in your lifetime... :lol: :lol: :lol: You know, I'm so proud of us for being responsible pet owners and caring for our cats the way we have in the last few weeks. I really think so many others would not have chosen the same route we have and I wouldn't have made a different choice if I had to do it over again. Even if Mego were still on insulin - and that could always change too. Yeah, we did the right thing! :D

23. Jamie & Jupiter

Yeah I got the Keto-stix. First attempt = failed. He has 2 boxes and 1 is enclosed and forgot to take off the lid first - by the time I got the lid off he was already done peeing. LOL

Will try again later or in the AM

Thank you all for your replies, advice, and suggestions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.