3/11 Shadoe +11~329 amps 319 spoke with vet, have questions?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Blue, Mar 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Yesterday’s Condo

Yesterday's recap:
    364 - amps (14L c2)
    331 - +1
    346 - +10.5
    342 - pmps (14L c3 & 1.5R)
    308 - +1
    229 - +2
    236 - +3
    229 - +4
    209 - +5
    200 - +6
    329 - +11
    319 - today's amps (14L c4)

This morning, I surprised Shadoe by getting up right in time for +11 test. She was asleep on her pillow, exactly where she was when I went to bet 4hrs earlier. Once she realized I was up to stay, it was time to get off the pillow and start asking for stuff. Some food or snacks or tests, just something. She was thrown off when she got a test but no shot.
    Since it's time change weekend, I thought it may be a good idea to catch a test at +11 before each shot moved forward, just to see what way she is going.

I gave her some chicken cubes to tide her over till breakfast;they did not go over too well. I got that look "that's it?" and she got the "eat it or starve missie" response. She walked away, pouted for a bit, then realized I was not heading into the kitchen, so she ate a couple cubes then parked herself on the floor in front of the TV.

After her test at ps, Shadoe sat nicely for her shot and then jumped down and headed over to the food dishes. Time to finally have some breakfast. Once she had a bit to eat, she sat on the carpet to clean up, then she headed back over to the sofa and plunked herself down on the pillow to wait for her L buzz to happen.

It's interesting to know that not all much happens right after the shot, but she is happy I think because she knows she will be feeling better soon.
    So, this morn shot was at 6am; tonite will be at 545pm, moving ahead to adjust for the time change on Sunday.

Last nite's string of yellows was quite nice to see; hopefully, we will see a bit more of the same tonite.

2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 3/11 Shadoe +11~329 amps 319

Yes, almost blue last night.
    Hope you two have a good day.

3. Bo & Jake

Bo & Jake Well-Known Member

Good morning,Gayle!
    It was nice to see the longer string of yellow last nite!
    Have a nice day and maybe 'bloo' is waiting for you!

4. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Good Morning Gayle
    Well last night looked very very nice for Shadoe. Look at that
    All the way to +6 in yellow.
    Now that's a good girl!!

I hope she enjoys the tv today. Does Booboo watch with her.
    Really so cute.
    Have a great day!!!!

5. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

Nice cycle of yellow last night! It sounds like she's feeling good, too. Hope you both (and Boo Boo, of course!!) have a great day.

6. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Gayle and Shadoe :smile:

Hope you get another nice run of yellers

7. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Just spoke with young vet. She is calling u/s guy Monday to arrange for u/s maybe on Thursday, then we will do the dental on Friday morn. The nice vet is the one that does the dental, so I very happy about that. I like her alot.

We spoke about how long it all takes, and how much it will cost, ballpark figures.
    The u/s guy doesn't book far ahead so that's why she will call again Monday as per usual. The cost would depend on how many are done that day, so it would be around $400 if only me, but less if there were a couple others set for that same day. I told her to pick a day when others are getting u/s :lol: She said the kitties are not traumatized by it, and it's just a matter of shaving the belly, zip zip around, and we have a report, of sorts in about 20min. Uh ok. I will be wanting something formal to slip into Shadoe's paperwork, but news right away will be awesome. I told her I will be waiting there till it's done and don't intend to be waiting at home or leaving her there with them.
    The dental and all that entails is around $600-800 depending what has to be done. Ugh. I don't expect all that much needing to be done aside from the cleaning, but do want Xrays and what needs to be done while Shadoe is already under. The nice vet who will be doing the work has been there for almost-forever and LOVES animals. Shadoe likes her too, and this vet is also the one who looked at her teeth on a visit and said they were looking OK then. I told her that I will be wanting to know a bit about the procedure and also to ensure that I know what meds are planned ahead so that I can decide if I want something else used.
    I said mark down that there will be only small kitten sized tube used if needed and that ALL meds I get MUST be of a liquid or injectable form as I have no intention of pilling Shadoe anymore.
    I mentioned that we will have to discuss the timings of the two visits so that we can decide if/when to give Shadoe her shots. I tossed in that she will be up to 17units or more by the time we get to these two procedures if we don't see much action in her numbers before next week's end. Her response was OUCH! I just LOVE to dig when it's to let her know that her comment about Shadoe's number more like a negative was WRONG. Call me :twisted: but if it fits...

Tonite, when I get home, I intend to have a little chat with Shadoe and tell her that I will be expecting some lower numbers after her pearly whites are all dazzling.
    Oh, and I might mention that with summer coming, I hear that lots of cats are getting nifty shaved bellies for a new summer look and that she will be soooo :cool: if we get her one.

You think she will buy it? :YMSIGH: nailbite_smile

And I wonder if she will want to go BACK to the vet the very next day after fasting all nite and having another starving morning. :sad:

We did talk about doing the whole shootin match on one visit but I think that's just too much.
    I said how are you gonna do that? Which one first? How to coordinate the times if you don't know exactly when the u/s guy will show up?

How much time should really be put between the two actions? I do want the u/s done more, so should we wait for a bit on the dental?

Thoughts and suggestions anyone?

just adding: I want to have a demands list of do's and don'ts to give to the vets before anything is done.
    What pain meds do I demand?
    What anesthetic concerns do I have - what not to use or what is OK to use?
    What do I want avoided during the dental, during the u/s?
    what do I want done for sure during the dental, during the u/s?
    Ugh.

8. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

Tell her to give Logan a call. He will let her know that shaved is in! He's been rocking the partially shaved look for months now. He liked it so much he got sick again just so they could shave him again! And this time, they shaved his entire left side! He still has the shaved patches on his front legs and since he's so furry, it makes them look like upside down drumsticks! :lol: I really should post a pic of him.

Best of luck with the u/s and dental! The dental sounds a bit pricey but the u/s sounds reasonable. I think Logan's was around $500-600 last time. Of course, it was buried in about 5 pages of charges! :!:

9. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Thanks Kelly about the prices.
    Yeah, I think the dental sounds pricey, but the vet that told me the number does not do the work and was pulling a number out of the air. I am a cash person so I told her she better tell me what I need in my pocket when I get there. I'll be double checking with the real vet ;-) just to make sure I know how come it's so high and I am getting a good work done.

Now, I just need anesthetic, meds and shots questions answered. @-)

It will be such a relief with it all done. It's just so stressful.

10. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

In your 3/8 condo, Carolyn/Spot said:

by Carolyn and Spot » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:39 am
    u/s... never did that for any diagnois of leo except when he had hepatitis, so have Jojo confirm, but you're looking for enlarged organs, particularly heart, kidneys and liver. That was all quite clear on the xrays I had done on him when I got him. And def get baseline xrays, they will come in handy later, esp on organ size changes.

I would just make very clear with the vet doing the u/s that it's not just an abdominal u/s - that they make sure to image and measure the heart as well.

11. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

What a beautiful blue night Shadoe is having.
    And +4 she is still going down.
    Give her big scratches on that yummy belly of hers that friends over here
    in Montreal are really proud of her.
    Max is very happy for Shadoe.

12. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

For the dental info, Dr. Lisa had a post on dentals on the Health board in early March. I've tried to pull together some of the info:

• X-rays: either before or the day of the procedure. Also x-rays after to make sure there are no tooth fragments left after an extraction.
    • Bloodwork: prior to the dental to rule out anything that would prevent the procedure
    • Pre-anesthesia sedation/induction: Ketamine (some has been recalled so may not want to use), propofol, valium. Induction should be with an IV drug vs. a gas.
    • Anesthesia: Sevo or Isoflurane (these should not be used for induction, however)
    • Blood pressure monitoring (Doppler or Cardell monitor)
    • Cardiac monitor: pulse oximeter or cardiac monitor
    • IV catheter for fluid access
    • Post-procedure antibiotics if necessary. (See Dr. Lisa’s commentary)
    • Pain meds: administered post-procedure and to take home: Buprenex, no metacam due to the potential for renal failure. A fentanyl patch may be excessive for the purpose of this kind of pain management.

From what I understand, bupe is not all that easy to get in Canada. You may want to check in with some of the Canadian members of the board regarding what they were using for pain management.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.