12/17 J.D. PMPS 79, +1.25 87

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dyana, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

Last Night:
    138 PMPS
    198 +3.5
    113 +5
    127 +7.75
    305 +10.5

J.D. was going around yowling or whatever the noise is called this morning again. Chattering and walking around the house. He's been doing that the past few days at around +11 (one hour before AMPS and food). And he threw up a little bile, of course pretty close after I gave him his Denamarin. I gave him his night time Pepcid at PM +1.5 last night. I gave him some more at AMPS this morning. He stops making the noises when I call him to me, and after he's eaten.
    He gets 1/4 pill twice a day. Is it not enough.

J.D. ate some of his 1st Breffis on the floor like a cat, and I just delivered the rest to him laying on my bed, and he is eaing the rest.

Question: I came home last night and my thermometer in my refrigerator said just past 30 degrees (maybe 32).
    I turned the dial on the frig's temperature to be a little warmer, but it was still at that maybe 32 degrees this morning, so I turned the dial to a little warmer, some more. I hope my insulin stays thawed. I just moved it from the top shelf to the middle shelf. I didn't know what to do, and each time I found the temp. at almost freezing I took all my stash of insulin out of the fridge like I was going to protect from freezing by putting it on the counter. There's 5 new pens and the pen I'm currently using in there. I wonder if I should just take it all to work with me, today.

I hope everyone has a good day.

2. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 12/17 J.D. AMPS 452

Morning Dyana, sorry JD is so high this morning. Scrabble howls after he eats in the morning a lot, I don't know what that is about. Not sure about your fridge temp, I think it takes quite a few hours for the temp to adjust, is it an old refrigerator? Hope you have a great day today and don't work too hard!

3. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Hi guys .. ok J.D., down you go! Sorry to hear about the howling .. mocha walks around howling all day and all night! I hope your fridge keeps working for you .. we had to buy a new fridge while mocha was on insulin .. ours was just not being trusty anymore .. have a great day guys!

4. ecurie

ecurie Well-Known Member

Hi Dyana, Sure hope your fridge temp evens out. Do you have lots stashed in the freezer? A full freezer can make the fridge colder, esp. if the freezer is on top. Hope turning it down works.
    take care, hugs to you and scritches to J.D.
    mary and oliver

5. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 12/17 J.D. PMPS 79

J.D. gets a green smilie for his PMPS.

Yes, Mary,
    My freezer is full almost to the brim with mostly frozen raw food, and it's on top of the frig. But it didn't do this during the summer. I checked tonight and the temperature is about 39 degrees which is much better. When I gave J.D. his shot tonight the insulin pen seemed so cold, but seems alright.

6. ecurie

ecurie Well-Known Member

Re: 12/17 J.D. PMPS 79

Hey Dyana,
    39 and 79... sounds like things are celebratory at your house!!!
    have a great night - safe surfin J.D.!!
    mary and oliver

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice PMPS. :mrgreen: I hope adjusting the temperature in your fridge takes care of the problem and J.D.'s insulin is okay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.