12/16 Ripley Prime/Micro comparisons + updates

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Josie & Ripley (GA), Dec 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

Good morning!

I've been away from home for the last 3 dosings for Ripley, but my DH took over for the first time very nicely. Even updated the SS!

I use a Relion Prime meter, and have had no experiences with malfunction; I've been reading about (going crazy over) the reported inaccuracies, so ordered a back-up meter (Relion Micro) and did a comparison test at this morning's AMPS:

@AMPS: Prime = 75
    Micro = 76

Prime: +2 110 / +4 87 / +6 69 / +7 84 / +9.5 79 / PMPS 103
    Micro: +2 128 / +4 95 / +6 65 / +7 90 / +9.5 66 / PMPS 112

I've read that the Prime tends to be off for lower number readings, and this concerned me due to Ripley's primarily-green range (i.e., if she's at 65 according to the Prime, this could possibly mean she could be dangerously lower??)

I've been considering making the switch away from the Prime, but I want to do some more comparisons with my new Micro first. I'd prefer to stick with one meter and not make a switch yet -- if the Prime is ok, I'm ok with using it as her sole meter. Can't beat the price of Prime's strips, but accuracy is more important, of course.

ETA: The Micro needs considerably less blood than the Prime. (This is a big plus.)

PS: I did shoot at 75; I'm home today and prepared to closely monitor Ripley's levels.

2. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 12/16 Ripley AMPS 75; Prime/Micro comparison

Nice hooting today!!!! We have used the micro since Scrabble's diagnosis (2 and a half years ago) and have been very happy with it. I even have a micro as a back up. I am sure either one is fine. Just do what is more comfortable for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.