12/2 Mannie PMPS 288, +2 275, +3.7 230, +5 195

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michelle and Mannie (GA), Dec 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Good Morning LL!!! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: (YUM - Lots please...), and Happy Sunday!
    LL beans! It is I!, Mannie, kitteh barista! For today I proudly offer triple shot espressos, with beans from Yemen Arabian Mocca Coffee Plantations, and for all my mocha fans: a gingerbread infused mocha/white mocha blend, with Ginger whip, garnished with lemon zest, white chocolate curls, and caramelized ginger crystals. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! Only the best for all my customers.... OH! Tea infusions too, by request. they is primo! I SWEAR! Today: Candy Cane Peppermint! ~ Mannie, kitteh Barista

12/1 in MannieLand

12/1 RECAP
    12/1: fed meal at ps, mini meals @ +1, +2, +3: AM CYCLE: Wellness Turkey 4%, PM CYCLE: Wellness Turkey 4%
    12/1 amps 256: 106th cycle on this dose (1.5u), fed 4% LC, 1/2 tablet amlodipine
    +1 fed 4% LC
    +2 296 fed 4% LC
    +3 fed 4% LC
    +3 thru +5: Vet visit
    +5.3 236
    +7 175
    +10.5 180
    12/1 pmps 156: 107th cycle on this dose (1.5u), fed 3% LC, 1/4 tablet Plavix, 1 125 mg tab Clavamox
    +1 fed 4% LC
    +2 213 fed 4% Lc
    +3 fed 4% LC
    +3.5 218
    +5 222

12/2 amps 328: 108th cycle on this dose (1.5u), fed 4% LC, 1/2 tablet amlodipine, 1 125 mg tab Clavamox
    +1 fed 4% LC
    +2 363 fed 3% LC
    +3 fed 3% LC
    +4 310
    +6.5 255
    +10 322
    12/2 pmps 288: 109th cycle on this dose (1.5u), fed 3% LC, 1/4 tablet Plavix, 1 125 mg tab Clavamox
    +1 fed 4% LC
    +2 275 fed 3% LC
    +3 fed 5% LC
    +3.7 230
    +5 195

Yesterday was..... vetty day in MannieLand.... and urine harvesting day.... and UTI day..... and add another med to the arsenal day..... :shock: SHESSHHH! And what a day. That poor kitty.... I knew I needed to get him on for this. Tried last weekend but he was "pee-less" when we were there, and I will not leave him all day to get the deed done. So... we tried a home for a week, with no luck. Off we went yesterday once again... success! He had a decent day BG wise yesterday - it was nice to see him find the blue floor again. I so look forward to seeing what he can do,once this UTI is cleared up, and he is off the Clavamox. For now the plan is to hold the dose, let him settle into the heart meds more than he already is, and also let the clavamox do its thing.... then we shall see where he is at, and if any dose adjustments are needed. You did well yesterday Mannie! remember: think blue, think green! Lubs ya big guy. cat_pet_icon

VET UPDATE (from yesterday)
    ok..... I had to leave Mannie there so that that could sedate him with their version of kitty krack, as he was not cooperating (WIGGLE CITY!!!), had urine to give, and I really needed to get this done. I had a suspicion that something was brewing with him: high BG's, and just a gut feeling... surf enough! He has crystals in his urine and well as "massive" bacteria. SO.... Since he was sedated the vet was able to get a sample directly from the bladder via needle , and a C&S will be done to determine which bacteria, etc are present. For now he will be on Clavamox until the C&S confirms or tells us we need a different antibiotic. FUN!, and never a dull moment in MannieLand. :shock: :D :D

All is well in MannieLand. :D :D :D Well, it was well once he got home from the vetty yesterday.... He had been mildly sedated when they did the cysto, and he really seemed to handle that well: back to his normal self within 30 minutes. He spent most the the day in his kitty bed, no doubt recovering from yet an other vetty visit. I was elated that the stress of this visit didn't elevate his BG too much... YAY! One could tell too yesterday that he still didn't feel all the well, but this morning things seem to be better. :D :D :D We had horrid weather yesterday morning - heavy rains, strong winds. That too contributed to his wanting to curl up in all that fleece. Don't blame him one bit... He is taking his meds very well. The two heart meds I just sneak in a 1/4 tsp of food before he is fed his regular fuds. He just gobbles then all up, without a clue that he has just been medicated. I've been putting the Clav in pill pocket - so far that is going well too, with no nausea - yet. YAY! Looking good! :D :D This morning we had a great test, feed and shoot and clean plate club , purrs and lots of cuddles. Normalcy in MannieLand. :cool:

Have a great day everyone. It will be catch up day here for sure, for all the things I didn't do yesterday: bills, shopping: the Xmas kind.... And some time just to relax. I am so looking forward to a few hours with nothing to do but spend time with a good book, since I never got to that yesterday. :roll: :roll: :D And maybe a shore hike if the weather is better than it is now... :roll: That i did get to yesterday...

Hey everybody! It is so WET here! I so need warm and dry. hey Rusty - can we come and hang out on your radiators? Maybe for a while, then I thought maybe we could go to a sunny place, a warm place.... like maybe a beach in Florida. Or The desert. What do you guys think? Anybody got anything they wanna do? let me know - I am ready for anything!!~~ Mannie

2. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 12/2 Mannie AMPS 328

HI Michelle and Mannie, glad the recovery period from the vet was brief and you were able to figure out the poor guy has a uti! Hope the meds kick in quick and his numbers start to go down as a result! Enjoy your day catching up and hope you get to get out if the weather cooperates. Have a great Sunday! Hugs!

3. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Michelle, and wow what a day for Mannie yesterday with the urine harvesting :lol: So sorry about the UTI though and massive bacteria and crystals. Mannie, sounds like your Bean is getting you all fixed up with medicine, and today we can party hardy again. So glad Mannie is easy to pill as it makes thing easier overall. I love the pill pockets for Maggie's pepcid. I just pop it in the side of her mouth and down the hatch it goes. Wow with your rain! I think we will get some tomorrow, and that's Vetty day for Mags, so she'll get to see some showers. Have a good day on catch-up things, maybe a walk if it's nice, too!
    Mannie, thanks you for the triple Espressos and special Mocha coffee drink. I live my day for your coffee, Auntie Ann

Mannie I think Rusty's porch and sitting by the radiator is great fun for today, and later Florida I hear has sunny weather, so we could get our tans touched up. See ya soon at curb, Mags

4. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Paws crossed that the clavamox does its thing. Maybe some blues today, Mannie? Nice and easy. We are dry as a bone here so please send any extra rain our way.
    Liz

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Mannie recovered so quickly from his vetty visit. Hopefully he'll come down for you today as the ab kicks in. I hope you get a chance to relax today.

6. tortie58

tortie58 Well-Known Member

Okay Mannie! UTI must be making things tough for you. Be a good boy with the med & get better soon.
    MIchelle, is Mannie an outdoor cat? Can his litter cause for the UTI? The reason I asked is because a lot of cats in HK got UTI /blockage because of the litter we are using. Because of the fine dust particles added, some cats' ashma was triggered too.

7. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 12/2 Mannie AMPS 328, +2 363

Hi guys,

Here's hoping for a good day for Mannie and a good day for his mamabean. I hope you get to that book, Michelle!! We are off for a "Thanksgiving Dinner". Weather is crummy: 40 degrees, drizzle, dark, gray. Batten down your hatches in that west-coast storm you seem to be going through. Keep Mannie warm and comfortable.

Hey Mannie barista, that triple shot espresso is just the thing for today.

Ella & Rusty

Yo Mannie, My beans are out all day. Bring the gang over here to chillax on the radiators. Chicken soup and hot tuna toddies for all!
    Rusty

8. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Re: 12/2 Mannie AMPS 328, +2 363

328 @ PMPS
    366 @ +2
    and a pink morning here, BLECH! Sure hope the meds kick in soon, and these numbers start to come down.... :D Appy is a bit off today - been though a few cans til I find what he wants. :roll: ;-)

Morning Michelle :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: Me too on the recovery period - it was ncie not to see him skyrocket. :D Never fun to have an UTI, but at least now I know why things are as they are. Me too also on the meds - paws crossed there. THX on the day - looking good so far. :D

Morning Ann :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: yupp, yesterday was quite the day for Mannie. I'm glad I let them out him under such as it was so they could get a sample, as I really wonder how well I would have done with that. This was he will get the meds he needs to get over this latest UTI. I too am glad that the pilling is as easy as it is. Same here with the pills pockets - he really likes them. THX - I hope to get out for a walk too.... kinda iffy right now. Lucky Maggie - she'll see rains. that was Mannie yesterday. I'm not too sure how thrilled he was. :lol:
    Auntie Ann :D You are so cool! Can Maggie have one? I'll bring extra just in case. ~~ Mannie, kitteh barista

Hi Liz :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: THX, I so hope so too. Blues would be so nice - maybe after he gets over this pink thing... sending the rains... i have way more than I want, or need,... :lol:

Morning Carla :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: THX on all - I am so glad he wasn't too stressed with the vetty visit. I expect that he will have better numbers as things start to kick in. Hope it is soon. me too on the relax! :D

Morning Helen :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: THX, I think it is tough on him too. Things are a bit better today. :D Mannie in an indoor outdoor kitty. By his choice mostly indoor. Interesting thought on the litter... I plan on changing the system I use soon anyways, less dust, easier to clean and collect urine if I need to at home.

Morning Ella :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: THX! day is good so far. He's being picky with his fuds, but OK otherwise. I know on that book.... a few thinsg tot end to here this morning, then I hope for that book. The weather is deteriorating so I wonder if I will get out, unless once again I'm willing to get wet. :lol: we have battened down the hatches - one storm after another.... next one on its way. will do on Mannie - extra fleece has been delivered.
    Auntie Ella! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: very god! I am pleased then. ~~ Mannie, kitteh barista

Maggie - Me too! Rusty says his beans are gone all day - we can come over for sure - radiators, and tuna toddies and chicken soup. YUMMMMMMMM! Picks you up at the curb! ~ Mannie

Rusty - DUDE! that is so cool! You are beanless for today. SWEET! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Radiators! and toddies and soup! We are on our way! ~ Mannie

9. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Re: 12/2 Mannie PMPS 288

288 @ pmps - a nice yellow start - go Mannie!

10. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

So yellow is better than pink! That's what I tell myself almost every day. :roll:

Hi Michelle. It sure is nice that you can sneak the meds into Mannie so easily. Hoping the Clav does the job and thoroughly.

Hope you got to that book today and had a relaxing day :D

11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I much prefer a yellow start to a pink start. This is looking promising. Think blue Mannie! Nice that you can get his meds into him so easily. I hope you got out today Michelle. We had quite a break in the rains this afternoon and it even looked like lighter sky off in the distance in your direction.

12. ecurie

ecurie Well-Known Member

i am SO glad to hear Mannie is on the mend. Give him a big hug for me
    and one to you too! I hope you got to your book today. i'd hate to think the only way you get to your book is to put it under your pillow and hope for osmosis.
    Ollie is higher now than pmps... so off to bed we go.
    ni ni
    see you in the am!
    xoxo
    mary and oliver

13. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Re: 12/2 Mannie PMPS 288, +2 275

275 @ +2 - yay, we are down some. GO MANNIE!

Hi Barb - lol,and I know - I find myself saying the same thing alot too. :lol: :lol: and I SO AGREE on sneaking in the meds - so far ist is working: meds in a 1/4tsp of food, down the hatch and then the main fuds is delivered. Thanks goodness that the heart meds Pills are small - easily hidden. Not the clavamox: different story - that takes a pill pocket. Good thing he likes those! Me too n the Clav - so hope he feels better soon. well about that book.... uh no..... i kept being distracted, and thinking: just one more thing to so.... dumb! maybe tonight! :D

Hi Wendy - me too on the yellow starts. a relief too. :D Just might make those blues here tonight. I had hoped to get out, but my son called about a problem with one of his cats, so I went to help him instead... looks like that poor kitty was in another fight, has what loks like a nasty abscess on his face that needs to be looked at. poor kitty, and off to the vet he goes tomorrow... we too had a short break mid afternoon. Even saw some sun. Rains are back now, off and on.

Hi Mary - He is doing better, seems to feel better, but not quite up to a 100% yet. Could just be the weather, could be the clavamox, but he just seems tired. We hope he will be 100% in the morning. :D I will give him that hug. :cool: oh wow on the book osmosis - it may come to that. sure hope not! Ollie - be good now, no diving now that you have told your beans that they can go to bed.

14. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

195 @ +5. How nice to go to bed with a blur number! Awesome! NI NI LL! I-) I-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.