First Day on Lantus!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by kmskali, Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmskali

kmskali New Member

Spreadsheet ... NEW TO BOARD!

I have set up my spreadsheet through Google. Now, how to I get it attached to my account through the FDMB? I'm confused. Thanks in advance for assistance!

2. kmskali

kmskali New Member

Re: Spreadsheet ... NEW TO BOARD!

Figured out the spreadsheet, but now I'm trying to figure out how to create a history template like some of you have. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

3. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

You already have it linked in your signature. The blue writing below your post is a link to your spreadsheet, Good job!

4. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

When looking at your SS and signed in to your Google account if you click on File then in the menu "NEW" choose document and it will be like a Word document where your can type your information (history) whzen your done do the same as you did with your spreadsheet and publish it then get the link adress and use it in your signature or paste it in the field for web page in your profile then it will open when somebody clicks the web symbol under your avatar.

5. kmskali

kmskali New Member

Thanks guys ... I'm starting to get the hang of this!

6. Karen & Pearl

Karen & Pearl Member

I think he likes lantus!

7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I suspect what you mean by a history is what we call a Profile. There info for creating a Profile is in the Tech Forum, which I linked.

8. Athena and Cyrano

Athena and Cyrano New Member

9. kmskali

kmskali New Member

Shay has officially made the transition from PZI to Lantus after being on PZI for the past 4-1/2 years! His amps was 322 and I gave him 1 unit. At +2, he's at 309. I'll keep checking throughout the day and see how he is doing. A little scary, but we're excited and optimistic that Lantus will be the answer to getting Shay regulated!

10. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome to Lantus :smile: It takes a little while for the Lantus to build up (it's called the shed, check out the stickies above) so you may not see much today.

I know we have other former PZI-ers around. I'm sure they'll stop by and tell you of their experiences here. I know from reading their condos it is a whole different way of thinking for you :smile:

Happy Caturday and welcome!

11. kmskali

kmskali New Member

+4 he's at 313 .... hasn't changed much today at all. Is this normal for first day on Lantus? If he's still high tonight, should I give more or keep the 1 unit dose?

12. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Welcome to Lantus Land! As Jen said, some of the Lantus will be pulled into a little storage "shed" at first, so it takes a few days to see full action.

While you're waiting for action, read up on the stickies. It's usual to stay with a dose until it's had a chance to take effect. My belief is that, yes, you would stay at 1 unit. But I'm not an expert! We have many experienced people here, and I'm sure someone will chime in before tonight.

13. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hi kate,
    welcome to the Lantus forum!

Just so we don't lose track of which thread to use, we'll use this one, just remember for daily posting, one thread (also known as a "condo") per kitty per day in this forum.

To start, please update your main subject line (select "edit" in your first post in this thread) to say 03/06 Shay AMPS 322 you can see from other threads/condos this helps others spot your kitty by their name.
    If ever you need urgent help, just "edit" your main subject line and yell out HELP, again, take a look around, as others add DOSE QUESTION, or ADVICE NEEDED, etc to their main subject line.

Have you had a chance to read the stickies up above? (all threads with the "star" icon) You'll want to check out the NEW TO THE GROUP stickie,
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=157

as it contains an example of a typical curve on Lantus. Don't worry, you dont need to test everyday, but it does give you an idea of key times to spotcheck (example: +3, +6 are good ones)

Also, please review the modified version of this Tight Regulation Protocol that we follow here:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1581

Please ask if u have questions and let us know how we can help you further!
    Hope to see you posting often!

14. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

hello and welcome to the group kate and shay! :D
    happy to hear shay hasn't been throwing ketones since 2005. don't get discouraged. hold the dose for now. today's numbers are to be expected. lantus has a cumulative effect, meaning one dose builds on the next and one dose can effect up to the next few days.
    typically, the initial starting dose is held for 5 - 7 days. however, since shay's pzi dose was significantly higher than 1u bid, let's keep an eye on the numbers. we may need to bump the dose up sooner.
    hope to see you posting often!

15. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Hi Kate and welcome.

As Ronnie suggested, please take a look at the starred posts at the top of the Board. These will orient you to conventions for posting, information about how to handle and store Lantus, the slang we use, dosing protocol, the kind of syringes you will need, etc. In other words, they contain the important stuff.

Unlike PZI, Lantus dosing is not based on pre-shot numbers. Dosing is based on the nadir. When starting Lantus, you are in the process of building a depot, colloquially called a "shed." (There's an entire note above devoted to the shed and overlap.) It will take several days to build the shed. Thus, the first dose is held for approximately 5 days. So, as tempting as it may be, do not increase Shay's dose this evening.

Great job on testing today, btw.

16. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Welcome to Lantus Land!

I peeked at your spreadsheet and see that you're having a very pink day. It will take a few days to see what this dose can do, so hang in there.

Did you decide to start at 1 unit because it's a new insulin? It looks like Shay was getting more PZI than that usually. Just curious how you decided on the dose.

eta: oops, I should have posted in your other condo, I didn't see it: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8278

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.