3/05 Morris AMPS 479; +8.5 446; PMPS 445-gave dosecrease

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gwen and Morris, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8090

I am really beginning to think he needs to go back up to 1.5u.....just not sure if I should do that now, or wait until after I can do a full curve this weekend. If I do it now, which day would be best for me to do the curve (Sun, Mon, or Tues)? Any thoughts/suggestions??

I had a thought last night about his grumpiness......perhaps he is still hungry! To test my thought, I have put out extra food for him today & we will see what kind of mood he is in tonight!!! Today, I have put out 1/2 can Fancy Feast for breakfast & his +5 snack, and I have put out 1/2 can EVO for his +2 and +8 snacks. The past few days, I have been giving him 1/2 can Fancy Feast or 1/4 can Friskies for all of his feedings. So today, not only will he be getting more food, he will also be getting more calories as EVO has more calories in a can than Friskies does.

2. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Re: 3/05 Morris AMPS 479; +8.5 446 - dosecrease?

bump

3. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

BUMP DOSE Q

Hi Gwen

just bumpin you, not sure about the dose Q, are u able to grab a +11 by any chance if needed?

4. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I would go ahead and increase, but get as many spot checks as you can.

5. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

good luck with the increase! hope it pulls him down nicely...

6. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Well, even with my giving him extra food today, he ate everything up! Perhaps my theory was correct! Tonight, I held Morris tightly while my dh managed to get another dose of mirtz down Morris' throat! For tonight, I have put out 1 can of Fancy Feast & 1 can of Friskies (I am out of EVO right now).

I did go ahead with the dosecrease tonight...we are back up to 1.50u I am home now for the next 4 days (although I will be out most of Sat...from around 11am until almost PMPS time), so will be able to get lots of spot checks in (as long as he is not too grumpy! LOL!) I still want to get a full curve done on him, but may wait until Tuesday for that now since I just gave him a dosecrease this evening.

Thanks Jill & Libby for giving feedback on my dosecrease wondering! Also, thank you Jill for those kind words at the end of yesterday's condo!

7. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

i'm just so happy he's feeling better... and eating!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.