3/5 Alex PMPS 144,+2~158,+3~76,+4~70,+5~163

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA), Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

OOPS mommy bean made a mistake this morning and first time ever forgot to do testing until Alex was having first bowl of breakfast so test was taken about 1/2 minute after first bowl of food. I guess bg could be a teeny bit lower but maybe not even? Either way..Yay Alex cat_pet_icon

Dosecrease in Lantus and Tapezole today (digits crossed) :) and that's all I'm sayin' about that because I'm one of those 'jinx' people.

Alex is a little whiny today but has a great appetite and ate 2 big bowls of breakfast and is off taking a nap now because i can't hear him :lol:
    All P's are in order though (well he hasn't actually played unless jumping on the counter for food is playing), but I guess he would if I would :)

Happy Friday LL :razz:

yesterday

Carolyn: I had a post on Health yesterday re: Hyper-t and had a conversation with someone who has had 4 hyper-t kitties. It seems as if the dose Alex is being given is in line with what her kitties were getting compared to their values. She thinks it sounds good. :)

2. Carolyn and Spot

Carolyn and Spot Well-Known Member

Re: 3/5 Alex AMPS 283

Hi I finally come skidding in at 10:30am LOL Sorry!

Glad as heck to hear about your convo on Health, to me that sounded like a significant increase in Tap, which meant he was really needing more huh? How long does it take for Tap increases to settle? Any idea?

Ok so his numbers are a lil bleh but the AMPS looks pretty good after the last couple days huh? I think jumping on the counters counts as playing :) Now we sit back and wait and see how both doses do for him :)

3. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Well that's debatable..lol. Jaime said it should start to take effect in about a week or rather "let's see how he's acting in about a week" . Back when I first changed his dose a while ago, someone said that it was too soon because it 'takes two weeks to a month for a new dose to take'. I done what my vet told me to, I didn't randomly mess around with thyroid pills and as you can see, he is conservative about the tap. So that's my story and I'm sticking to it :)

Yeah Alex's AMPS is pretty good today :) And actually he was very steady all day yesterday except for that PMPS reading which wasn't THAT high. I figured that if his +10.5 had been 258 his PMPS would have still been yellow :D

WOW if jumping on the counter is playing..Alex plays a LOT!!!!! :mrgreen:
    Did you win last night?

(I am sidetracked today because, if you can believe this, my local humongous cable company is having a feud with ABC and both are threatening to pull ABC from our cable network at midnight Saturday..the night before the Oscars..I am so angry) grr_red

ETA: I think Jaime may have buprenex at his office. I think he ordered it last time we talked about it.

4. Carolyn and Spot

um I got 3rd in the first tournament and I don't remember what happened in the second tournament LOL

Ok, so we have to be patient with the tap increase, got it. First time you notice he's not starving to death anymore, let me know. :)

Awesome on the buprenex, if he's going to give you predrawn doses, you want .1 mL ok? Anything more is too much to start with, and if he gets so much that he gets loopy, you're not going to be able to judge if it's working as a pain reliever or not. You're going to give every 12 hours for your testing. You should see something within literally 2 hours but it lasts about 8-10 hours so you could see stuff anywhere in that timeframe. When you dose it, it needs to be oral, and it needs to be in the cheek pocket. It's a teensy dose, so you won't drown him, I promise. This is not something you want to shoot down his throat, it gets absorbed from the mouth.

5. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Is it an injection? How do u get it in the cheek pocket without him swallowing it? I'm not doing anything until probably tomorrow anyway. I have to see what my plans are because I need to know that I'm going to be here.What will I be looking for since I don't see him being in pain? If it's predrawn do I refrigerate it? How much should I get? I know nothing about this....

6. Carolyn and Spot

well one ampule is about 10 doses of .1mL if I recall correctly, so have him break just one ampule and give you the 10 doses predrawn.

This is what it looks like: [​IMG]

As you can see, once you snap that top off, you have liquid in an unsterile, unclosable container. So.. You snap that top off and draw up the contents into a large syringe. Then, you either store that in the large syringe (capped off), and draw up your dose as you use it or break it up into several doses immediately into 1mL syringes with .1mL markings and store them at room temperature capped off (little rubber syringe caps) or with their needle on, removing before use. I think it's called a tuberculin syringe but I might be wrong about that. The needle comes off so you can dose it without stabbing him :) It can be injected but we dose orally with kitties. It's a tiny dose and it works faster orally.. and he won't swallow it, or much of it, if you dose it that way because it's such a small dose.

7. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Okie dokie..will he still be alert?

his +3 is 275! He sure didn't drop much! I guess i didn't give a fur shot though or he's be much higher....hmmmm :?

8. Carolyn and Spot

Re: 3/5 Alex AMPS 283,+3~275

He absolutely should be alert. He might nap a good bit during the cycle because they tend to feel better and can get a restful sleep but during his awake time you should have normal behavior. If he does get loopy, you might have to go to an even smaller dose, but I think that's fairly rare on .1mL

And I am not the least bit surprised by the +3, didn't you mention his tremendous appetite and two bowls of breffis? :)

9. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

yeah but he ALWAYS has 2 bowls of every meal....1 before his shot and 1 after

10. Carolyn and Spot

I'm still not concerned, we've been doing all kinds of crazy things to him lately that he's still gotta adjust to, like increasing him twice in a week :) Personally I'm quite happy seeing yellow. It's not pink, it's not red and it's not a straight shot from pink to green and that makes me happy. We want flat curves and we must confess our boy eats just a smidge too much food to make our dosing easy LOL.. now that there's a new tap dose though, I have very high hopes for him. I think he's going to do quite well.

11. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Okay, I'm a dummy, but I have to say, i think these numbers look GREAT! Gentle decrease. No pinkus schminkus. :mrgreen: Don't you guys think this is great progress???? I'm smiling. :D

Congrats on your poker tournament success, Carolyn. Remind me never to play cards with you! :mrgreen:

12. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

If you guys are happy then I'm happy cause what do I know???? And no pinkus schminkus is always good!!!! :mrgreen:

13. Carolyn and Spot

You're not a dummy Kathy, and you're right, I'm quite pleased with them. :) Once we get him through liver training school, we're gonna see even more great things from him I think :)

14. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

What a difference 5 days has made, my little Alex , a candidate for greatness :D
    Thanks, Carolyn :)

15. Carolyn and Spot

You're welcome :)
    Ok bad news, just found out the poker tournament I thought I was leaving for at 7pm, I am now leaving for at 4:30pm. EST. So.. you got your stuff ready right?

Any sudden drops in the early hours past PMPS (before +4) need to be slowed with a tsp or 2 of MC. I'm talking about 200 pt drops.

You know how to HC any lows, and I want you to start HC intervention of 1tsp at a time at any number under 70. Our goal is to keep him from bottoming out and bouncing hard.

Don't be disappointed if you HC him once or twice and he ends up over 100. I really do not want to see low greens. He'll bounce, so just because it's not a lovely surf in the 50s does not mean it's bad. You aren't changing anything tonight, just holding your dose, but I am expecting to see some action out of him in the 2nd or 3rd cycle, so keep your eyes open.

Sound like a plan?

16. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Yes, fine..you need a life lol
    I'm not doing anything with buprenex today anyhow. I'm sure jaime will either not have the time or the right syringes to take care of me today(he was in a pissy mood before) I hurt my back and am going to drop in on him just in case sometime during the afternoon. if that isn't taken care of today it will be tomorow or in the next day or two. I'm hoping my OWN dr calls me back with pain killers lol

I'm doing a test now and if i need to refer back to this i can for alex. don't worry :)I don't expect that Alex has stopped bouncing forever or evn that he has seen his last red :)

17. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Re: 3/5 Alex AMPS 283,+3~275,+6~206

+6 is 206 so he could go blue. I'm going to Jaime now to see if I can catch him b4 hours...

18. Carolyn and Spot

hmmmm I REALLY think you are going to see something tonight. Be on your toes. :)

Hope you get some good drugs!

19. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

I'll be on my toes for Alex..always but I think I'll wait on the bupe until tomorrow when I can really watch him and when you can help me dose him because if I get a muscle relaxer I'll be able to monitor his sugar fine..but I may be a little too loopy to be dependable enough to know if he is.

I did get it though and although Jaime was very busy he predrew 5 syringes for me. It wasn't in ampules it was in a 3 mg vial that he says doesn't have to be discarded after opening

I cant figure out how to upload picture :(

Is this the same thing? I had him draw up 0.1 in each 1ml syringe and there are caps on each one. the needles were already off. I can't find info online but I guess this would be kept at room temp also? 0.1 looks like a lot ?

I hope I get good drugs for me. My back is killing me...

20. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 3/5 Alex PMPS 144,+2~158,+3~76

I hope the new tap dose will help calm Alex down a bit (and soothe the hungries!).

Sorry, I can't answer your questions about bupe, I haven't used it.

21. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Re: 3/5 Alex PMPS 144,+2~158,+3~76

Thanks Libby..I'm pretty set with that :)
    I'm hoping the tap increase will help with Alex's hungries too..
    right now I'm trying to follow instructions for feeding droppng bg
    figures I started late tonight :roll:

22. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Re: 3/5 Alex PMPS 144,+2~158,+3~76,+4~70

Oh gosh, look who's up late again... But that's not the worst drop he's ever done! And it looks like he's stabilizing. Did you feed him?

When do you start the new tap dose?

23. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Re: 3/5 Alex PMPS 144,+2~158,+3~76,+4~70

I started new tap dose today
    I fed him 3 times tonight and i think the last time may have been a mistake ?

PMPS-144
    +2- 158
    +3 76 fed lc w/mc
    +4 70 fed hc
    +4.5 73 fed hc wit a tiny bit karo
    +5 163
    so karo may have been a mistake but I didn't want to give him a lot of karo if I could avoid it. My back hurts and it's late so I finally did...
    hope it doesn't go even higher :(

24. Carolyn and Spot

you did fine, he did fine :) it's all good. hehe i knew this was gonna happen! .1 bup is not alot , dont worry! see you whenever i wake up :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.