03/05 J.D. AMPS 393

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dyana, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!!

J.D.'s liver won last night, and he is in rebound. He was 476 at +9.5 last night, so at least he's now heading in the right direction.
    He seems very bright, active, and happy. All P's in place. He tried to wake me up an hour before his shot, which is when I usually get up, but alas I overslept and woke up just in time to give his morning shot. I am soooo glad it's Friday.

Yesterday's Thread

2. Bo & Jake

Bo & Jake Well-Known Member

Good morning,Dyana!
    I just wonder - why dont You increase a dose? J.D. is most of the time in pink zone.
    You may have Your reason but i just wonder!
    have a nice day!

3. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Hi Bo. I thought the pink was him rebounding. I just reduced recently (after waiting for him to come down from a long rebound) when he made me 2 1/2 hours late for work on 02/23. I didn't think the reduction "stuck", so I went back up again 2 days later. It's cause I don't have the BOS to leave him in the 50's and dropping, and I have to be at work for 10 or 11 hours.
    I've been trying working with R, and it usually gets his rebounds down in 1 cycle (fast!) instead of 2 or 3 days. He rebounds from the blues. He has not passed LTS, yet. Last night it didn't work - the liver won. I keep asking if I am doing this right, and no one answers me.

4. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Should I raise J.D.'s dose tonight? The fat I add on is just a little teeny bit past the 2.50 line.

5. Bo & Jake

Dyana if it was me, I would go with 2.75 tonight. It's gonna take 2-3 cycles to see how is working , but weekend is here and you can monitor him. Think You should be more aggressive.
    I just check Your SS and think that J.D. is rebounding on Blue( 100) that he get yesterday. he needs to get used to lower #.
    Just see Jake's SS!
    Hope it helps!
    Edit again:
    What's happened on 2/23 I think was late effect of R the nite before.

6. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Okay, if he does his usual boring weekend thing with no action all weekend, and then plummets during the week, I am going to HC him like CRAZY to be able to go to work. Okay?

7. Bo & Jake

Dyana,those cats know what they are doing and how to play us. He would help himself if he needs.
    I try not to give HC so his liver can get used to low #. (only if get under 40=HC)

8. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

If it's during the week, I will not be home to HC him, if he goes below 40.
    All I can do is leave a ton of food out for him to help himself.

I wish he'd do his dive bombing on the weekends...or better yet, a nice slow drop to the greens.

Anyway, I thought I was doing good with the R, because I was getting him out of his rebounds from the blues in 1 cycle, AND I was able to get him to go at night instead of in the morning when I have to leave. That was my biggest plus. I was hoping with continued used of the R that he would become more used to the blue numbers. I didn't know if I was doing the right thing, and when I asked, no one responded.

9. Bo & Jake

Sorry Dyana about nobody respond your ???
    I'm realy not qualified to give dose advice and I'm on my own most of the time. Learned a lot for 2 yrs on board.
    I'll try and study Your SS because J.D. is long in that FD game like Jake. I'm just glad not to see those rd and pinks and get upset with yellows. (jake is on 5.5u).
    You have a nice the rest of a Day!

10. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 03/05 J.D. PMPS 340 New Dose

I got home late from work, so J.D.'s shot is a little late this evening. I increased his dose to 2.75.

11. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I'm glad you increased, Dyana. I was looking at J.D.'s spreadsheet thinking it was probably time to try an increase, then I read that you did!

J.D. is a tough one because when you get a dose that can bring down the highest numbers, then he throws those random green PS numbers or fast drops at you. He does it just often enough to make you wonder whether you have room to increase the dose or not. It's the weekend, though, so why not try it?

Good luck with the dosecrease!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.