3/04 Morris AMPS 376; +9 410; PMPS 428; +2 349

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gwen and Morris, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7999

YAY! He ate from the timed feeder last night!!! He is back on his regular eating routine! He ate when I gave him his insulin, then the timed feeder fed him more at +2, +5 and +8.....this morning, ALL the food was gone!! He had his new usual of 1 can Fancy Feast & 1/2 can Friskies!

As for his P's....they seem to be back to normal as well! I think this means he is finally feeling better!!!

Still waiting to hear from the vet today about his lab results & I will ask about the SQ fluids at that time.

2. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/04 Morris AMPS 376

Yay for eating.
    I am glad to hear that Morris is feeling better. cat_pet_icon

3. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Re: 3/04 Morris AMPS 376 - heard back from vet

Just spoke with our vet. Morris' B12/folate labwork results are good & she doesn't feel that he needs B12 injections. His B12 level is greater than 3689 (normal is 205-1505) and his folate level is 29.5 (normal is 22-55).

I also asked her about the SQ fluids. Since he is eating well now, she thinks I could stop giving the fluids. She doesn't think we should stop giving everything at once though. She knows I gave the last dose of bupe on Monday morning and that he last had fluids on Tuesday. She thinks I should attempt to get at least 1 more dose of mirtz into him when next due (Fri) even though I am not 100% sure that the dose on Tuesday went down the hatch or not. After I give the dose on Fri, the next dose would be due on Mon.....she wants me to hold that dose & see how things go. If his eating decreases again, then go ahead & give another dose....if he continues eating, then all is well!

I will continue with my plan of getting a full curve done this weekend (hopefully Sun or Mon, but possibly Tues, as I am having a 4 day weekend!) and will give her an updated copy of his ss next week once that has been accomplished.

4. Cyn and Cosmo

Cyn and Cosmo Member

totally random drive by condo visiting...
    my baby Cosmo is a CRF kitty and we give SQ (LRS) every day. I'm not sure about whether you should continue to give SQs at home, but the bag, once opened, shouldn't be used for more than 10-15 days, IIRC.

glad to hear his appy is doing better. you could maybe consider giving a smaller dose of mirtz (WCF and Meowzi use 1/8 pill instead of 1/4)

5. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

Great news from the vet and wonderful he's back on his eating routine.

6. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Nice! Isn't it good when they eat? LOL

7. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Re: 3/04 Morris AMPS 376; +9 410 - heard back from vet

The bag I had was done & that is why I didn't give fluids on Wed & was waiting to hear back from my vet before purchasing another bag of fluids. We were giving Normosol.

I am going to give the 1/4 pill tomorrow (or, at least, I am going to ATTEMPT to give it! LOL!).

8. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Your wcr's have been getting better by the day! Its really good to hear. Im happy you were able to get a little more clear direction from your vet. Must be a relief.

If you have not already documented things you noticed with Morris at the onset of this issue, you may want to do so for the future. Write down what you did that worked, so you dont have to think about it. Keep a bag of fluids at home, maybe stash some of the bup and/or make sure you can get some quickly, always have the mirtz,etc.

(((((morris)))) Good job buddy! cat_pet_icon
    :thumbup Gwen, you are an awesome bean! :thumbup

9. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that Morris's appetite is better.
    Keep it up Morris!

10. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Re: 3/04 Morris AMPS 376; +9 410; PMPS 428

He ate up all his food out of the timed feeder again today!!! He definately must be feeling better......his ears were really 'twitchy' tonight at PMPS time! Took me a couple of tries to get the lancet to land on his ear! LOL!

Sure was! When the tech put me on hold, I thought she was just going to ask my questions & come back with the answers....I was surprised when my vet then came on the line instead!

Good idea! I will work on doing that while enjoying my 4 day weekend that is fast approaching!!

I don't have any more of the fluids at home, but could probably pick up a 'just in case' bag of it next week when I drop off my update Morris ss. I do have some bupe left (plus, my vet informed me today that they have more in stock in the office & plan on keeping it in stock from now on!), and I still have lots of mirtz (the script was for 5 pills which my fave pharmacist split into quarters for me....so far, I have only used 2 quarters & will use at least 1 more of them tomorrow).

Thanks Carolyn! It is because I have such an awesome support group here that is available 24/7 helping me become a great momma bean! drinking24

11. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Re: 3/04 Morris AMPS 376; +9 410; PMPS 428

(((Gwen and Morris))) :thumbup
    Congrats on eating & on eating from the timed feeder! No doubt lil man is feeling better ;-)
    Wishing you blessings in abundance cat_pet_icon

12. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

He sure is 1 super grumpy kitty tonight! His claws were out in full force while I was attempting his +2 BG reading & his claws are SUPER sharp! I have a couple new puncture wounds on my hands as proof of his grumpiness!

Kind of scares me.....grumpiness was 1 of the first symptoms we noticed before we realized he had p~itis. He was grumpier than usual (but not nearly as grumpy as tonight!) for a couple of days before he stopped eating. Not sure exactly what I should do about all of this now. Should I wait it out? Should I start him back on the bupe? Will see what kind of mood he is in tomorrow morning.

13. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

sorry to hear he's grumpy tonight (i'm still teary-eyed after reading that awesome morning WCR). hope he's just "in a mood" and will get over it by morning. see how things go...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.