10/5 Reuben PMPS 112 +1/118 +3/71

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Alexa and Reuben, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexa and Reuben

Alexa and Reuben Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Something is going on that I am not entirely in control of - Reuben started eating less the night before the +3/25, and now will only eat whiskas gravy, and some of the food that comes in it. I am going to make a batch of his homeade food and see if he will eat that today. I had cut back on the anti-biotic, as I do occasionally to check and see if he still needs it, and I thought that was the problem. It may still be, as he has only had 2 doses again so far.

If he wasn`t eating this HC the Lantus dose would be way too much, it seems to me.

He is sitting over the water dish as I write this.

?????

LB fine, could feel nauseous which would explain the water dish and not wanting to eat.

Ongoing Medications:

**Potencil 50mg bid (need to switch to clavamox)
    pepcid 2.5mgbid
    bupe - one dose yesterday morning
    miralax - none yesterday
    forti flora
    platinum performance

** suspended for 48 hours to see if he still needs it, restarted yesterday: 2 doses again so far

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Re: 10/5 Reuben AMPS 102

Hi guys .. well, the low blue is a nice start to the day .. I wish reuben was eating better for you .. Do you think with not wanting to eat and feeling nauseous this might be the start of a pancreatitis attack? I hope others will be along soon to help you figure this out ..

3. Leslie and Jasper

Leslie and Jasper Well-Known Member

Hi Alexa, Nice AMPS for Reuben, he seems to like this dose. Sorry to hear he is not eating well, hope you figure it out and its not something serious. I dont know much about meds, more experinced folks should be along soon. You may want to put the (?) icon on your headline so they notice sooner.

4. Tracy & Leo

Tracy & Leo Well-Known Member

Nice start for Reuben today, i hope he's just being fussy and nothing is wrong with him. Hope someone comes along with some experience with this that can help you.

Eat your food Reuben!

5. tortie58

tortie58 Well-Known Member

Hope it's nothing serious. Might be the AB affecting his appy?

6. Anne&Muffin (GA)

Anne&Muffin (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh my, Alexa, I just read Reuben's profile. Poor baby's been thru SO much! What a fighter he is and how wonderful of you to fight so hard for him. You are amazing! :YMHUG: I hope whatever is going on with him now resolves quickly.

7. max&emmasmommie

max&emmasmommie Well-Known Member

Hugs, Alexa!

8. Alexa and Reuben

Alexa and Reuben Well-Known Member

Re: 10/5 Reuben AMPS 102 +1/95 +2/81 +3/83 +4/89 +7/92

Thanks so much Devon, Leslie, Anne, Helen, Tracy and Dale for your comments this morning. I was so worried and they helped so much. :razz:

Reuben woke up after a loooong relaxed afternoon nap in the sun when I tested just now, and he was hungry and ate the right food, meaning the 8% Friskies Turkey and Giblets Pate instead of the high carb Whiskas Packet gravy, (which has been problematic from the standpoint of general health, the indication of a gastro-intestinal issue, and creating falsely higher numbers). This is one very happy bean here, for the moment. I`ll see if this is a continuing trend in a little while when hunger next hits his furry little tummy again.

I love my meezer cat_pet_icon

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Very nice flat cycle for the meezer today! He is such a different cat than the one when you first started on Lantus. :D Reuben, eat those fuds. Your bean has gone to a lot of work to make it for you. Paws crossed for good appy at dinnertime.

10. tpr

tpr Well-Known Member

Beautiful cycle for Reuben today :mrgreen: Glad he's feeling sweet on the lc. Surf reuben, surf!

11. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Look at those numbers today :D :D :D I also just read your profile and you are such a wonderful devoted bean..Reuben is such a brave warrior also! Together you have made miracles happen!!
    Go with whatever he will eat now, as the ab's do a number on the tummy as you know...You are doing a wonderful job--Sending Healing Tummy vines & Hugs from us!!

12. MelanieAndRacci

MelanieAndRacci Well-Known Member

Hi Alexa,

What a nice day Reuben is having number wise. I'm sorry his appetite is a little off but at least he ate one good meal today. He really likes this new dose. I agree that AB always mess with the stomach. I hope he feels better and starts eating more.

Talk to you later.
    Melanie & Racci

13. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 10/5 Reuben PMPS 112

I'm so late getting here today.
    Looks like Reuben and Shadow were surfing together today.
    please come surf with me again! shadow

Hope the loss of appy was just wanting those naughty foods and he gets back to eating the good ones.
    We've been having a little bit of that too. Shadow hasn't had any higher carb foods but she sure is bored with the usual repertoire....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.