6/14 Kim's Simon AMBG 122 +3/84 abscess updt. Trial day 11

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by kim and simon, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kim and simon

kim and simon Member

yesterday I found an abscess on Simon's neck.

Vet visit at 8:30am; he most likely had an animal bite which had abscessed. The vet drained the abscess. It was awesome (yes--I am fascinated by pus! Dentistry is a great fit for me :lol: ). It is left open to drain and I have an antibiotic gel to apply inside the abscess space. Because it is caused by anaerobic bacteria, we want to keep it open as it heals from the inside out.

My mom has Simon this weekend.

To those in the know: if I do not have 2 tests per day this weekend OR if his numbers are up due to the abscess, what do I do? Day 14 is Sunday and I already spoke to CD about partying on Monday to avoid Father's day. Can we tack on a few days if needed, or a whole new 14?

2. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 6/14 Kim's Simon AMBG 122 abscess update

Hi Kim. I'm no advisor. I'm glad you know what happened to Simon and he's got medicine to cure the abscess.
    I can't wait for his party. WooHoo. :D :D

3. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

I have no idea on your questions, but am glad to hear that you got Simon in and everything checked out ok. Have a great time on your time away Kim!

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I don't think there's any problem with prolonging a trial if you think it's necessary. I'm hoping that the AB will kick in quick!

5. kim and simon

kim and simon Member

He was kind enough to show us an 84 when I was dropping him off at Mom's. That was after the vet and a drive across town. So encouraging!
    I asked because I wasn't sure if 3 days with less data might "disqualify" him! But I think he is ready as long as he looks good on Sunday when I return. My mom will do her best to test him.

6. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 6/14 Kim's Simon AMBG 122 abscess update trial day 11

All best wishes thatthe abscess will be cured, thatthe trial can continue, and that you will have a nice vacation. How great that your mom can take care of Simey.
    :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ella & Rusty

7. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Three or so days with less data won't matter, especially if Simon looks good on Sunday when you get home. No disqualifying, hahahaha!! :lol:

I know someone who left town for the last 4 days of her kitty's OTJ trial and 'assumed' everything was fine, which it was.
    The party went on as scheduled even though the owner ...cough, cough, CD and BigMac, cough, cough.... wasn't even home with her kitty. ohmygod_smile

Unless Simon's BG freaks out on Sunday... we can continue to plan for the Monday party. Just let me know if you need an extra day or two. We are here for YOU. :mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.