5/29 New Foster-Tidus

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by miso00, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miso00

miso00 Well-Known Member

Hi All!

I'm back with a new foster. I have VERY limited info. on him right now. He was on Prozinc but as of tomorrow morning we are switching to Lantus. I have not checked his BG yet so I'm not sure what we are even going to start him on. I will post his first BG as soon as I am able to get it.

Can someone tell me how to set up a spreadsheet again? I can't find it in Mikey's posts :(

2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 5/29 New Foster-Tidus- Spreadsheet Instrucitions needed

Welcome Tidus :YMHUG:

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Here are the instructions.

And in exchange, photos and a whole cat report please!

4. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Welcome , Tidus! Yes please on the photos!

5. miso00

miso00 Well-Known Member

I never learned how to get photos onto FDMB. Marje always offered to help me post them but they were always too big when I tried to get them posted so I gave up :oops:

As soon as I get info on him I will post. Right now all I know is he was on the NYCACC deathrow list. He has been at a vet's office since May 21. He is on wet I/D prescription food due to stomach issues. Thought to be pancreatitis but now the vet says intestional inflamation. He is all black so getting the BG's I'm warned will be a lot of fun :lol: :lol: :lol:

Venita was saying I may need to put him on a raw diet, so any experts on that I welcome advice.

6. miso00

miso00 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

While at the vet's office. I tried to make it my avatar but it's too big? Not sure how to make is smaller

7. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Jenn, and welcome, Tidus, to LL! You are a handsome kitty!

Here's a website that will resize your photo into an avatar: http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/
    It is easy to do.

Good luck with your new foster kitty.

Ella & Rusty

8. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Welcome, Tidus! What a handsome guy! Of course, I'm a little partial to black cats. I guess it is harder to see blood on a black cat's ear but I never really thought about it before. It's not like we have a choice on that one. :lol: :lol: We do use a gooseneck lamp at his testing station and a hiker's headlamp at other places.
    Liz

9. MelanieAndRacci

MelanieAndRacci Well-Known Member

Hi Jenn & Tidus,

He's adorable. Tidus looks young. What huge eyes.

A lot of people with black cats use flashlights on the ear to test.

Melanie & Racci

10. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

How's this? :D :D

Attached Files:

11. miso00

miso00 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the smaller photo.

He is going to be a handful to say the least! He is 10 years YOUNG where Mikey is 10 years OLD. Right now he is starving. I have him in the bathroom but he wants to get out so bad. I only have 2 cats that are going to give him a hard time, mainly just hissing. He's a jumper where Mikey is not so luckily I have already started to transition all of my cats onto wet food. 15 down, 2 to go (at least the 2 are on feeding schedules now, though, and don't free feed).

As I remember more about him I will tell you. His owner adopted him 10 years ago from the same animal control center they returned him to just a few weeks ago. Apparently he was surrendered for peeing issues which stated he has had for the past 5 months. The vet's office he was at said he's been using the litter box so I'm hoping the out of the box peeing will stop.

On 5-20-12 his BG was 393 at 11am and 189 at 3pm. He was not on insulin at all with his owner it seems.

12. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Welcome, Tidus. So glad to see you got sprung from the vet's office.

13. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Bless you, Jenn, for saving another Sugarkitty! He's a lucky guy. Mikey can teach hom how to go OTJ!

14. Amanda

Amanda Member

Always find it sad that people just assume litterbox issues are the cat being bad and not a health reason. I bet once you get the BG under control he'll have no issues! He is a handsome kitty - I have a black fluffy girl in my mix! :smile:

15. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Welcome Tidus!! With black kitties, you probably want to test from the inside of the ear. That is what has worked for us anyway.

16. miso00

miso00 Well-Known Member

I was able to test him this morning his BG 3 hours after eating 1/4 can of I/D was 253 at 9am. I will plan to shoot at 11am/11pm and will test him again prior to shot. It was very easy to get blood from his ear, though it scared him. I had to shave the hair to make it easier otherwise the blood get absorbed into the hair. No flashlight needed, yeah!

I will post a new condo this morning for his AMBG.

He is using the litter box with no issues here and had a huge, firm poop this morning. I was very happy to see (not smell) that because he had some diarrhea a few days ago.

He has met a few of my cats. they don't seem to mind, he is actually more hissy than mine are which is suprising. I think he's overwhelmed by how many there are, lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.