05/28 J.D. PMPS 99, +2.5 242

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dyana, May 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

Last Night:
    307 PMPS
    321 +5.75
    He ate his usual 3 meals last night, with the last one being at +5.75.

From Yesterday's Condo:
    So, I totally deserve wet noodles, for not looking for and reading my condo from last night before shooting this morning :oops: I am bad :evil: .

I saw the 372 and I shot. I guess somewhere in my mind, I thought this was the beginning of the bounce.. I almost gave him some R, too.
    But, he's coming down now, I hope. Although, he ate his 1st Breffis at AMPS, his 2nd Breffis, AND Ginger's 2nd Breffis at +1.5. Hoping he keeps coming down.

I'll do the reduction tonight. Do you think a flat 0.50 would be okay?

2. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

Re: 05/28 J.D. AMPS 372, +1.5 301

that is ok. you know your cat's bounces better than I. let's see where he is but yes, flat .5U

3. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 05/28 J.D. AMPS 372, +1.5 301, +3 295

Thanks Dian.

He hasn't gone down much, since he ate the two 2nd Breffises. At least it's yellow.

4. dian and wheezer

well, he nadirs a little later. if still high, the f.5, if he comes down, then flat .5

5. tortie58

tortie58 Well-Known Member

Come down JD! You'll be lovely in a blue colour!

6. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 05/28 J.D. AMPS 372, +1.5 301, +3 295, +4.75 198

Thanks Helen. He's listening to you :mrgreen:
    I just fed him his 3rd Breffis, and again Ginger didn't want hers, but this time J.D. didn't get to eat hers, too.

7. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 05/28 J.D. AMPS 372, +3 295, +4.75 198, +6.25 140

I just gave J.D. some MC (a teaspoon), to keep him in the blue. I don't need another bounce. I want him to start his new reduced dose while in some nice numbers.

8. dian and wheezer

Re: 05/28 J.D. AMPS 372, +3 295, +4.75 198, +6.25 140

good decision. I would like to see him surf here til he gets used to these numbers. then we can try lower numbers.
    will be gone for a few hours. going to neighbors for cook out

9. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 05/28 J.D. AMPS 372, +4.75 198, +6.25 140, +7.5 107

I gave him another teaspoon of MC. I know people are going to think I'm strange MCarbing these numbers, but I want him to be nice and mellow in these blue numbers and not bounce sky high tonight. As I am late in giving him his reduction and I want to give the new dose as much a chance as possible, without having to battle a high numbered bounce. If that makes any sense. :?

10. dian and wheezer

Re: 05/28 J.D. AMPS 372, +4.75 198, +6.25 140, +7.5 107

ya did good

11. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 05/28 J.D. AMPS 372, +6.25 140, +7.5 107, +8.5 84

:razz: Thanks Dian. I'm trying. He still went to green, though. But, this should be his nadir. I did give him 1 more teaspoon of MC, since this will probably the last before PMPS. He sure is acting like he feels better :mrgreen:

12. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 05/28 J.D. AMPS 372, +7.5 107, +8.5 84, +9.75 72

I gave him one more little teaspoon of MC. But that's it. He's on his own for the next two hours. Surf nice, J.D.
    No bouncies, k?

13. Georgia and Simon (GA)

Georgia and Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 05/28 J.D. AMPS 372, +7.5 107, +8.5 84, +9.75 72

J.D., that is some slide down from the AMPS. Now mind your bean and stay safe with these numbers. No more sliding down.

14. dian and wheezer

Re: 05/28 J.D. AMPS 372, +8.5 84, +9.75 72, +11 73

little booger will more than likely bounce from double digits. drop dose tonight regardless cause he has his shed to work off

15. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 05/28 J.D. AMPS 372, +8.5 84, +9.75 72, +11 73

Will do ;-) thanks.

16. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 05/28 J.D. PMPS 99 New Dose

Okay, here goes. That sure looks like a little amount. Wish us luck.

He ate most of his LC 1st Dinner (I knew that would happen after he got MC all day long), but finished it, when I added topping. He's licking his bowl right now. :D Whew. Oh, he's really putting on shine on his bowl, now. :razz:

17. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Impressive J.D.! Are you trying out for the LLOD Team? Nice work Dyana!

18. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

good luck with the dosecrease!

19. dian and wheezer

I am back. was on the phone with claudia for a reading for twinkie. NO LUCK
    anyway. please watch this number. may need HC tonight to keep him up cause he has the shed to work from. good luck. I am gonna shower and will check in before bed. hope it is not a long night for you

20. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Dian, is Twinkie okay? Why did he need a reading?

I don't usually do a lot of testing right after PMPS, because his onset isn't until +4 or so, and he eats at least 2 meals between PMPS and +4. +4 is 10:00pm for us, and I think we're both asleep by then. I'll set an alarm for a +5 tonight.

Ann: what does "the LLOD Team" mean?

21. dian and wheezer

we were fighting this urinary thing. was seen initially by vet and no bacteria seen so decided it was idiopathic cystitis. put on prednisilone and baytril and cleared up. after meds done, came back in a day. so I put him back on pred for 2 weeks. went away and came back with in a day. back to vet and now it shows up as infection. was at my wits end so claudia tried having a chat with the boy but he will not talk. so she is going to do some healing on him

anyway. Ok on thetesting but I think I would do his feedings with HC tonight. I know he only gets what. 1/3 can for a snack

22. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

His meals are only 1/4 can.

FWIW when I went to ask for a prescription for Adequan from my vet at first he said he had never prescribed Adequan for a cat. Later, he said they sometimes give Adequan to cats for some kind of urinary problems. Maybe he meant he had never prescribed Adequan to a cat for arthritis before. I don't know. J.D. used to have pee problems that the vets could not find the reason for, and that often seemed to be brought on by stress. After many $$ at ERs and vets, I started seeing that his episodes went away by themselves after about 15 to 30 minutes.
    Knock On Wood..J.D. has had no episodes, since being on Adequan..Knock On Wood.

I hope Claudia can help Twinkie. Have you thought about Adequan for him? Please give him a kiss and a soft pet from me and tell him I love his Twinkie butt, uh I mean self cat_pet_icon .

P.S. J.D. loves his Auntie Dian for suggesting he get fed HC tonight :lol:

23. dian and wheezer

thought about adequan. he is on cosequin right now and venita is sending glucosomine/chondritin which is also supposed to help and vet suggested that too. so gonna give that a try.

twinkie is a piece of work. i do not think any reader has been able to get through to him. he is very stubborn.
    I just hope the HC idea is a good one maybe 1/8 hc and 1/8 lc. I am just guessing here

24. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Actually, if he continues to go higher, he'll be lucky to get MC. I bought a bunch of those FF Medleys that are 10% to 12% and my cats think they're HC and Ginger screams with delight and J.D. takes a good long bath after eating them :razz:

I hope the new drugs from Venita helps Twinkie. If you choose to go with Adequan, I found the best price at Foster and Smith.
    That's funny, how he won't open up for a reading. Very interesting. I guess it happens. I never thought about that before.

Have a good night. I'm off to get ready for bed.

25. tortie58

tortie58 Well-Known Member

Interesting. Is this reading by an AC? Ive once asked help from a local AC to communicate with my Tiger about his peeing & spraying outside the litter box. She said, he "told" her that he's busy with his patrol on the 2nd floor & got no time to talk. Peeing outside the Lb is 'normal" because mummy never said cannot! And not to bother him because he's busy!
    She asked me if there is a 2nd floor since she knew we are aliving in apartments. Tiger's 2nd floor is the cat corridor inside the sitting room! :lol: :lol:

26. dian and wheezer

now that's funny

27. dian and wheezer

whatever you do is fine. you know your boy better than I

28. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Oh, it wasn't good. At +4 or so last night, J.D. was sleeping so soundly (and sweetly), like he was exhausted.
    I wanted to make sure he was alright, because he was in a deep sleep (I know, I'm so mean), so I got out the MC and put a spoonful in front of his nose, and he LEAPED out of bed and headed to the food bowls. So, the kittys got their MC..
    I tested later, and he was 362 or something like that. I'll get a +11 in a few minutes, but I'm kind of afraid to.

29. dian and wheezer

hmmmm. makes no sense. he so confuses me. well just keep at .5u and LC for today

gotta get ready for work

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.