4/2 Willie PMPS 97,+3~80,+5~62 Herbie is home!!!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Christie & Willie (GA), Apr 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christie & Willie (GA)

Christie & Willie (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Brief Condo

A great start for Willie today coming off a skipped shot last night. Expecting him to head upward a bit until onset, hoping he stays blue. The fresh juice definitely agrees with him! He's btb now, ready for some snuggles which he's been very free to give since my return home last night. He'll get some outdoor time this evening, how much will depend on how soon this sleepy bean can get herself to tbp... after missing yoga much of last week with allergy issues, I'm looking forward to my restorative class tonight.

Wishing everyone great Monday!!

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Re: 4/2 Willie AMPS (+24) 124

Hi guys .. very nice start to the day following a skipped shot! I hope your class helps you tonight and that willie get's a little bit of outside time .. we know how he loves that :D have a great day!

3. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Re: 4/2 Willie AMPS (+24) 124

Very nice +24!!!

4. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/2 Willie AMPS (+24) 124, +1.5~156, +3~114, PMPS 97

very nice pmps, too. willie's looking mighty great today!

hope your allergies are doing better by now, christie.

5. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

That was a quick shed refill and down he comes!! Go Willie.

Sending you healing vines and big hugs for Wills and Herbie.

6. Christie & Willie (GA)

I know we're all praying like heck for BigMac right now, but if you can squeeze some in for Herbie, we need them. Took her outside for a bit on the patio and she was doing fine, had sniffed Willie and had playfully gone under the grill, then just took off, squirmed out of her harness and bolted through the yard and got over the fence just as I reached out to her. I know she's terrified and hiding, and all the dogs out and lawnmowers, etc. aren't helping. I checked the nearby trees, but nothing. Was doing okay keeping it together when looking for her b/c i wanted to sound as calm as possible, but now... not so much.

I know the power of this place, and so any thing you can send to Herbie to help her get home safely... we could really use it.

7. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Re: 4/2 Willie PMPS 97 Herbie ran away. Prayers needed. :(

Oh Christie...many prayers for you, too! Can shaking treats get her attention? Can the neighbors help? We're all behind you!!!

8. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Christie. You know that we've got loads of prayers available for Herbie. Sending lots of "come home Herbie" prayers you way. Keep us posted.

((((((christie)))

9. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hi Christie!
    I know u must be so worried!
    I know the feeling, sending ur Herbie COME HOME Prayers!!
    Maybe open a can of tuna outside and make some noise with a spoon, I hope Herbie finds her way home very soon!!

((((hugs)))))

10. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for you to find Herbie. Cats don't usually go too far. Shaking the treats is a good idea, as is waiting until it's quiet, and opening a can of cat food. Good luck. Hope she's back where she belongs very soon.

11. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Sending prayers that Herbie finds her way home safely.

12. Vyktors Mum

Herbie please come home your bean is very worried - this will be my mantra for the day and I hope that Herbie will hear me. (((Christie)))

13. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

((((Christie)))), if she bolted like that, she must have seen something that scared her, or she saw a critter and wanted to catch it. Did she go into a neighbor's yard? Do all the yards have fences? You might go from house to house and ask the neighbors to check under their stoops or sheds. If Herbie is hiding, she would probably go under something. Definitely bring your bag of treats and call softly to her.
    Post her picture around the neighborhood with tear-off tabs containing your phone number.
    Try not to worry. She'll undoubtedly turn up very close to where you last saw her. Stu used to bolt like that and we would usually find him eventually 10 feet from the house, sitting in the bushes as if nothing had happened.

Sending you lots of hugs and lots of confidence that you will be reunited with your little girl this evening. Prayers for a safe return are on the way.

:YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

Ella & Rusty

14. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Oh no Christie! Praying hard for you here. That is scary but I know you will find her! ((((Hugs))))

15. Marje and Gracie

OH NO!!! Herbie come home!!! Oh (((Christie))).....Please let us know. Sending many prayers you find her SOON!

16. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Praying for Herbie's Safe Return!! Hope she s right nearby and you will find her soon..
    Years ago, my DFIL let Moonie out & she ran away ---all the way to the next door neighbor's bushes :lol:
    I wasnt home & didnt hear the story till this year as I probably would have killed him if I knew!! ohmygod_smile ohmygod_smile ohmygod_smile
    Will seems to be doing so well WE are very GLAD!! Hugs & Love from us!
    Please come home Herbie!

17. Christie & Willie (GA)

thanks, everyone. The yards here are all fenced with chain link fences about 3 feet high with a few privacy fences. She went over the fence from my backyard into the neighbor's front yard and bolted. The neighbor was pulling into the driveway and saw her run, but isn't sure if she went North on the side street or west on the main thoroughfare that my house is on. When herbie gets a case of the crazies, it takes about an hour to get her to calm down, so I'm hoping that once the buzz of the warm evening dies down I'll be able to get her to at least verbalize so I can pinpoint her location. Willie's stayed outside, alternating between yelling at me and lounging on the patio. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Working on a flyer now to keep myself occupied. I just worry that she won't be able to find her way home. :cry: :cry: :cry: I was changing the tags out on her collar and was a dumbass and didn't get them back on before bringing her out, so all she has for an ID is her microchip.

Sorry to be hijacking Willie's condo for this. Just so worried.

18. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

((((((((((((Christie))))))))))))))) I'm hoping that Herbie is hiding right near home and she will be home safe with you tonight.

Maverick escaped a couple years before he got sick and they were the three longest days and nights of my life. I printed pictures, went door to door, searched the woods. A neighbor called me close to midnight one night to say she heard cats fighting on my driveway and I went out and there he was. It was one of the happiest days of my life. Herbie will be home with you soon.

Sending you big hugs and keeping you and her in my thoughts.

19. Frip&Grip

Frip&Grip Member

This is such a bad feeling... Sending many prayers your way.. hope you find Herbie soon... :YMHUG:

20. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Christie, tons of prayers for Herbie to come home. Maggie got out once when I first adopted her. She followed her big bro out the door and something spooked her. After ten days of Maggie not returning, someone suggested I borrow a cage whereby when the cat steps in, the door shuts on her. It worked, I placed some of her favorite Friskies in the cage and the middle of the night I heard her crying. Maggie was around my neighborhood the whole time, just hunkered down and too scared to come out. Beware you may catch sme wildlife in it though! It may be different with Herbie, and I'm betting she just returns. I bet she's hiding out someplace close by. Praying for Herbie please come home. I know you'll find her tonight.

21. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

(((((Christie))))) sending be-calm and go-home vines to Herbie. You will find her safe and sound.
    Liz

22. Amy&TrixieCat

That's a great idea, Ann! Cats do have great homing devices...Herbie knows where she's loved.

23. Complick8d

Complick8d Well-Known Member

Sending come home vibes to Herbie

24. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

oh no - so sorry to read this. I hope she is home soon. Cats have great homing devices - I am sure once things calm done she'll be back home. I will keep you guys in my prayers.

25. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Sending lots of "Come home, Herbie." vines.

26. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Saw the post on Facebook & immediately came here to comment.. I consider myself to be knowledgeable in lost cats. Baby went missing 8 years ago & I hired a Pet Detective who ultimately found her & I learned some great advice... which I have passed on along the years & a kitty came home not to long ago based on the advice I gave.

1. I live in the area & can come over & help. (any time - day or night)
    2. Remember..when cats get so scared they do not respond, it took me so long to understand this, I kept saying.. Baby knows me & would reply if she heard me calling.. NOT True with our feline friends.. (compare it to a human being so scared they cannot even scream)
    3. She is near by.. cats do not go far when they are not outdoor cats, she is scared & close to home (I can almost promise)
    4. Are there sewers near by? Most cats will hide in sewers. If I were you, I would get some canned food & dribble a bit of gravy down into the sewer & sweetly call for her & listen to a faint cry (multiple times a day)
    5. Get a trap & sit back & watch. Typically traps DO work, you just might get some animals you were not looking to trap. (Area shelters typically will loan them out)
    6. Remember they are active at night.. dusk.. leave dome dry food out (a little trail) sit back & watch.
    7. Posters, Knocking on neighbors doors.
    8. FOCUS ON SEWERS (if you have them)
    Baby was missing for 4 days once & I had walked by the exact spot a 100 times, until one day she cried & came out of the sewer. An animal is not lost until you give up looking.

Prayers in abundance for you & furbaby family... Inbox me on facebook if you want my #, I am here to help!!!!

Kitten Kisses & comfort for a safe return home..

27. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

I'd be a wreck, too. Thank goodness for the chip but I hope she stays put somewhere close by then slinks home to you soon.

Be safe, Herbie.

28. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Re: 4/2 Willie PMPS 97 Herbie is home!!!

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
    Liz, Anne, Zener and Tillie

29. terri1962

terri1962 Well-Known Member

If its any consolation my friend whos cat has been missing since Dec 2 just called me to meet her at the vet today. She found her beloved Oliver after 4 months missing. She never gave up. They even bought a new house and moved and she kept going back and talking to neighbors and just so happened he had went across a busy roadway where no one ever expected and some older people were feeding him.
    Usually they don`t go far. Prayers that you find her soon.

Terri

30. Christie & Willie (GA)

thank you so much, everyone!!!

Apparently, while Willie and I were keeping watch in the backyard, the neighbors found her in their front yard (not realizing I was out back) and put a note on our front door. They had found her in the basement window well on the front of their house and had put her in a box (with holes) in the garage. When I took her out, she seemed grateful to be going home and just nuzzled into my arms. After some kisses and cries, she's now under the bed.

Needless to say, the days of Herbie's outdoor adventures are done for good!!!

31. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a relief. I am so glad she is back!!!

32. Amy&TrixieCat

WAHOOOO!!!! LL prayers strike again!!!

33. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

What a wonderful update!!!!! Your neighbors are her heroes. I'm so happy and relieved for you!!!!

34. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

GREAT NEWS!! Sleep well tonight!!

Ella & Rusty

35. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

:D :D :D awesome!!
    oh my gosh! Herbie u are grounded!! :lol:

36. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Great news Christie and what nice neighbors! Herbie, sweet dreams!

37. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

yay! Prayers above equal Blessings down!! Happiness there AND here!!

38. tortie58

tortie58 Well-Known Member

Such great news! Christie you can have your much needed yoga class! Ive missed a few session of my yoga classes for too...
    Careful with Herbie, not to scare you, because we beleive once they've tried their run, they'll do it again. This is like a special vacation getaway to them!

39. Vyktors Mum

EXCELLENT!

40. Marje and Gracie

Yay!!!! We were so worried, too. Herbie is a big part of our LL family. We're so glad she is safely home.

41. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

OMG...I just saw this!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank goodness she came home, Christie!!!!!

cat_pet_icon cat_pet_icon

42. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness, Christie! What a night! I'm so glad Herbie came home to you. I'm sure you were beside yourself with worry.
    Your neighbors sound like wonderful people to go to the trouble of keeping her safe until you could retrieve her.

(((Hugs to Herbie and you!)))

43. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Lantus Land I a happier place tonite--Herbie is home!!! :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT grumpy_cat She was probably scared too--Happy Happy Welcome home Herbie!!
    Now If Big Mac could go home soon--LL would Celebrate too!
    Hugs!!

44. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

OMG! Just getting caught up, I'm so glad i got here for the happy ending. Herblet you is grounded for life!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.