02/13 Spacey AMPS=192, +5=214, PMPS=117

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Spacey & Ella, Feb 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spacey & Ella

Spacey & Ella Member

Link to yesterday

I really wish the culture thing would go quicker than at least 1 week. DH try's to tell me everything is fine, but I can't quiet get there.
    I think Spacey is depressed. But there is actually not a lot to tell: she is purring and alert. She ate this morning, but she did leave the rest of the food. Not like the last couple of day's where she ate a lot. She walks, pees and so on.
    Everything seems fine, except her look and the #'s.
    Maybe DH is right and I'm dreaming and am seeing trouble's where there are not.

Still, I can't help it and I am worried. That wasn't the deal. The deal was: she would be stable when I'll go to the hospital.
    Now I have to lye there, the body in the hospital but the mind at home with her. I wish one of you could look after her while I'm gone. Instead I have to rely on DH. :cry:

2. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Re: 02/13 Spacey PMPS=192, +5=214 up in yellow again

Ella - just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and Spacey. How long will you be in the hospital? Lots of good advice for Spacey yesterday on your condo. Will keep my fingers and paws crossed things clear up soon and Spacey starts feeling better soon. Take care of yourself too.

3. Spacey & Ella

Spacey & Ella Member

Hi Amy,

I see I mist a lot yesterday. Haven't read the condo anymore. I was in too much pain. On 23th of Feb. I will be admitted to the hospital for at least 1 week. Not sure how I will be feeling when I'm back home. At the moment I take a lot of painkillers (pills from the morphine group), but they don't do the trick anymore. Hope it all changes for me after the operation (left hip).

Anyway, back to Spacey:
    About the culture: I did ask the vet to do the thing with the needle. But she said that it wasn't necessary. So, I don't know. But, thinking about it, they don't put a needle in humans when they want to do a culture on urine. That's also done with urine caught at home. So, maybe it's okay after all.

I got Spacey back up to 0.25. Let's see how she is doing on that for a while.
    I so hope she get's a bit more stable....

4. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Needle culture is sterile and that is important , but many vets ask us to do it at home(less invasive).
    I So so so understand how you feel-at least your DH can care for Spacey while you are in hospital--
    Believe me, we will all be here for you! No worries, someone is always around.
    Where do you live?? Maybe there is a member near you that could pitch in & help in a pinch?
    I am always worry about that if something happens to me, who will care for Moonie, but our vet tech says she would come & give Moonie her shots in that situation.
    Is there a vet tech at your vet's office that could come in if needed??
    Hope your surgery goes well--Hips are supposedly much easier than knees..Hope all goes well.

5. Spacey & Ella

Spacey & Ella Member

The 0.25 does seem to work very well. :smile:
    She is coming down again.
    Eating well, grooming, sleeping happily and so on.
    I'm happy again. :mrgreen:

Roni: I live in Amsterdam. Know someone who can pop in? ;-)
    You know, I'm just upset cause I don't feel very supported by DH. That's not something anybody can help me with. Have to deal with that myself....

6. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

we're not really nieghbors, but at least we are on the same continent! I can relate to being sick and having a non-supportive dh. That's one of the reasons we divorced :cry: I would love to take a vacation to Amsterdam (have never been there except the airport :D ) but a trip is not in my budget or physical basket at this point (if it is as cold there as here I'd rather be going south than north. I gues we are about 10 hours apart (with the train), it's almost a straight line north to south. Hope your time in the hostpital goes well and you get fixed up. Spacy was doing very well for a while there she will get back to that point. Have a good evening.

7. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Glad to see that Spacey is cooperating again. They just have minds of their own and like to keep us on our toes. Tess seems to be following a similar track.

(((((Ella))))) We all (Tess and DH, too) hope all goes well for you in the hospital. I know what it's like to be laying there and worried about the furbaby, not yourself. :YMHUG:

Message from Tess to Spacey: "It really is fun to mess with the beans heads, but it's times to give them a break." At least I hope that that is what she just said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.