1/10 Kim's Simon AMPS 245 How are we doing?!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by kim and simon, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kim and simon

kim and simon Member

Georgia has a Simon too! I'll call mine Kim's SImon.

I'm encouraged about our first yellow AMPS. How do you think we're doing? confused_cat
    We are still feeding the friskies varieties below 7 carbs but I'm going to pick up some Merrick and Wellness today and see if they'll eat it.

(p.s. I tested my non-diabetic fat cat yesterday out of curiosity. it was 62! so I know my meter works and my other cat isn't diabetic yet! Hopefully hopping on Simon's diet train will slim Molly down too!)

2. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

We haven't had a chance to stop by and welcome you, so welcome!!!

Looks like Simon is responding well to the insulin. Yay! It's so nice to see him in some blues and a nice sunny yellow start for the day.

Hope you have a great day and welcome again!

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

We link our condos (i.e., threads) from the previous day so we can go back and find information quickly. Here's your link: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=60676&p=657695#p657695. (You copy the location from your browser and paste it between the brackets.)

It look like Simon is seeing better numbers. Your pre-shots are coming down and you're seeing a lower nadir, as well. Please remember that you can't speed the process, though. The Tight Regulation approach is geared to get numbers down as quickly as possible but it is entirely up to Simon to take the lead. We're just along for the ride.

Re. your comment about my kitties. A male calico is rare. (George was a very special cat in any number of ways.) I do like tri-colors. Although, Gizmo is not quite as colorful since he's a brown tabby. (There are still 3 colors!) No piece of clothing or furniture, for that matter, is safe!

4. Linda for Weezer

Linda for Weezer Well-Known Member

Hi Kim! It's good to see nice steady progress so early on. Keep it up!

5. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Just stopping it to say "hi" and "Welcome"!!! Looks like you guys are doing great!!!

~Amy

6. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Kim and Simon and welcome to Lantus Land!

It looks like you are starting out very well. Simon is a beauty.

Ella & Rusty

7. Georgia and Simon (GA)

Georgia and Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

Kim, I think you are doing really well. Yellow is a very sunny number! Regarding food, I have had to try lots of different types of food to see what Simon likes. Although he is a very good eater, he does not like to have the same brand of food for more than a few days. He loves Wellness for 2-3 days and then he hates it. I have to wait a week or so before he'll eat it again. I have noticed that his bg's seem to be lower with the Wellness. EVO is even better for lowering his numbers, but he really doesn't like it for more than 1-2 meals. Good luck with the food shopping!

FYI, I also have a calico named Cleo. She was almost 19 pounds when Simon was diagnosed. Cleo only ate dry food so I slowly weaned her off of it when Simon started eating only canned food. She was always so shy and hid under the bed for most of the day. Now she is more social, comes downstairs, and lost weight. Unfortunately, she has been diagnosed with CRF in the last few months, but she is still a happy, sweet girl. I definitely think you will see a positive change once you change your other cat over to canned food only.

Keep up the good work!

8. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

hi kim! i'm voting with everyone else - you're doing great! less than 1 week since diagnosis and you've jumped in to do what needs to be done. kudos to you! simon's a lucky kitter - and i'll bet molly will think she's hit pay dirt when the canned food starts coming her way too! :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.