2/12 Morris AMPS 299; PMPS 115 - pet sitter questions

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gwen and Morris, Feb 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5955

Yellow!!! Holy smokes!!! He is eating MC & HC only and still manages to see yellow?!?! I am 1 very happy momma bean right now!!!!

I have taken the day off work today (mental health day! LOL!). After I drop off dd at school, I will be going to restock supplies....including getting some pepcid AC (thanks Meowzi for the clarification!) Hopefully once that kicks in, I will be able to get him to eat a bit more! The vet wants me to be getting a minimum of 270 kcals per day into him! Will keep you posted!

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 2/12 Morris AMPS 299!

Good luck with getting him to eat...happy shopping!
    Do something good with those nice AMPS Morris!

3. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Re: 2/12 Morris AMPS 299!

Since the best time to have the pancreatitis test is during a flare-up, you can be reasonably certain that you have a good diagnosis with that strong positive result. Yeah, Jojo is the expert on p'titis...hope you hear from her, she may see something in the other test results. laptop_smiley

It sounds to me like Morris is eating pretty well...my Morris did not eat more than 1 oz of food per day for over a month until just last week. He's still only eating about 7 oz. a day, not even that much really since he just licks the liquid and leaves most of the solids. :cry: For some reason, he isn't dehydrated though, even with the 3-4 puddingpoos a day....I know, too much information....but I'm obsessed. @-)

Sending out some good healing vines ~~~~~~~~ to Morris' pancreas as well as some "come on and eat" ~~~~~~~~~vines.

4. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Re: 2/12 Morris AMPS 299 - pet sitter questions

I have spoken with the people at the kennel that Morris was supposed to be spending the weekend at this weekend to make sure that he was still able to go there even with his new medical issues. The owner said it would be no problem at all, but also offered me another solution. She quite often takes home diabetic or other special need cats as there is no one at the kennel over night. She said it would be no problem for Morris to spend the weekend with her at her house (she doesn't work weekends) and she will be able to keep a closer eye on him. I will now be dropping him off at her house tomorrow afternoon, then she will take him with her back to the kennel on Monday & I will pick him up there.

What should I do about his insulin dose? Should I drop it down to 1u BID for the weekend? His numbers are kind of out of whack right now anyway because of the not eating, etc. Or, since his numbers have been kind of high any way, should I increase it up to 1.5u BID?

I plan on packing a variety of food for him, his diabetic supplies (I am just going to have them do pre-shot BG tests....I won't start doing more checks on him until we get the pain meds started), the pepcid AC & pill pockets I purchased today, his favorite cushion he sleeps on, and a list of instructions & contact numbers. Anything else?

5. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

does ur instructions include hypo info, stuff like that? when to feed HC etc...when to retest..

6. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

It will now....just in case! With everything he has been eating lately, I doubt that will be an issue though! LOL! As for when to feed HC....my feeding instructions are to feed him whatever he wants whenever he wants it.....we need him to eat more than what he is.

7. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Once you do decide the dose... I've seen others say that it's good to take a sample syringe and mark with tape exactly where you want the stopper to line up, so that the person giving the shot knows exactly what to measure.

8. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Another excellent suggestion Kathy. That is very important, I think.

9. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

How great the the pet sitter will take Morris home. Hope that helps ease your concerns a bit.

10. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

WOW! Was not expecting to see blue! I do have him eating LC once again.....he still isn't eating very much, but he has eaten about 3/4 can of EVO today (not quite as many calories as vetty bean would like him to be eating right now). Since EVO is fairly soft & a bit higher in the calorie content, I thought it would be a good food to try right now.

I attempted to give him 1/4 tab Pepcid AC in a pill pocket tonight.....he ate the pill pocket & spit out the pill!!! I then had dh hold on to him while I shoved the pill into his mouth & then held his mouth shut for a few moments until I felt him swallow. I could not find any evidence of the pill afterward, so I think it made it down the hatch!

I have begun moving his insulin time. I delayed by 30 mins tonight & will delay by another 30 mins in the morning. Since we are seeing blue once again, I will ask the pet sitter to give him 1.0u BID rather than his usual 1.25u BID. I am also going to have her to do pre-shot BG testing & if he isn't overly grumpy, perhaps she could even do a spot check or two during the day.

Anything else I need to prepare for him before he goes away on his trip tomorrow???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.