02/12 Spacey PMPS=167 +11=172

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Spacey & Ella, Feb 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spacey & Ella

Spacey & Ella Member

Link to yesterday

I'm so unhappy. Spacey is going up, up, up.
    I think she is unhappy as well. She eats, walks, pees and so on, but it's in her eyes.
    Fortunately she peed today during a time I was home. Could get some of her pee and took it to the vet.
    I'm getting the results in about 10 day's.
    In the meanwhile I have no idea what to do about her #'s. Should I raise the dose or not? :sad:

2. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear that Spacey isn't feeling 100%. Her numbers don't look like they are very dramatically up to me. Up some, but I don't know. There seems to be some degree of variability in all this anyway. I hope it resolves for you soon.

3. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Ella
    I'm sorry Spacey is not feeling well. I understand the "in their eyes look"
    I cannot help you with the dose but can I ask why you are bringing in her "pee" and waiting 10 days for results?
    What are you testing?

4. Spacey & Ella

Spacey & Ella Member

Spacey got antibiotics cause she had (or has) bladder infection.
    Her peeing outside the litter box came back as soon as the ab's had worn off. So now the vet sends the pee of to the lab for a culture. But that takes 7 to 10 day's.
    Let hope we get some result.
    Would be nice for a change not to be worried about her for a few weeks. :sad:

5. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Sorry Spacey isnt up to par--Hope these numbers come down..But still blue is nice..
    -Hope all is well for you & Spacey today!

6. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

that's an awfully long time to wait for results, for urine test no less, if this has been an ongoing issue.

Did you happen to see the post from Jojo a couple days back in your condo?
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5853

I'd take her up on that PM offer and she can pay u a visit soon.

7. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

unfortunately a free-catch urine sample isn't sterile, so it's not the best thing to use for a culture (it will show bacteria from the environment too). It's better for the vet to draw the urine directly from the bladder using a needle. Still, I'm glad you're having the vet check it out (might want to take him in for a full exam too, in case there's something else) and I'm glad they're doing a culture instead of just guessing about the infection.

While you're waiting, I would probably go ahead and increase Spacey's dose back to the 0.25 units to bring the numbers back down.

8. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

i agree with libby... a free catch urine sample isn't sterile. you're much better off bringing spacey in for a needle draw (cystocentesis). i posted about this in your condo yesterday... not sure if you saw it:

Please note that a urine sample collected at home is not sterile and should not be tested for infection. The only way to get a sterile sample is to do it at the vet's office by cystocentesis - a needle draw. The sterile sample should be tested by C&S (culture and sensitivity) to see if bacteria grows and what AB it is sensitive to. Unfortunately, many vets allow testing of free catch samples and diagnose UTIs just based on white cells being present in the urine, which isn't accurate and can be costly for the patient.

good luck with the new dose!

9. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear Spacey isn't feeling happy. Things go up and down. WE just have to persist and be patient. cat_pet_icon

I agree 10 days is a very long time for test results, we got Tess's back in less than a day, in house, it would only have taken 0ne extra day if they had sent the sample out. And definitely cystocentesis is the accurate way to go.

10. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

We hope that Spacey will be feeling better tomorrow. But all those blue numbers! Stu is envious!! He thanks you and Spacey for looking after him and--when he is headed down to better numbers--he promises to take Spacey along. Hang in there, Ella! Spacey will be fine.

Ella & Stu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.