2/12 Basil PMPS=101 +4=69 Eyes Pls?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA, Feb 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

Hello Everyone,

After surprising us last night with a PMPS of 76, Basil surprises us again with an AMPS of 85.

Basil is quite playful, this morning and last night. When our catnip toys that we won in Andrea's FD raffle arrived, Rosie AND Basil pounced on them immediately and have been playing with them on an off ever since. He ate all his overnight food and all his breakfast.

I think I may be one of the people who chats too much here, so I'm keeping it short today.

Blues and greens to everyone in LL today!

2. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Re: 2/12 Basil AMPS 85

Moonie & Copper LOVE catnip toys, it's all they play with..
    Basil's numbers are amazing--Lydia, what a great job you are doing--Oh you too Basil..Have a good day!

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 2/12 Basil AMPS 85

dancing_cat I am doing a happy Dance because of Basil's beautiful numbers!! dancing_cat
    He is looking SO good....(I don't have a disco ball so I just do an old-fashioned jig... :sad: )

4. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Re: 2/12 Basil AMPS 85 +2=95

Since his AMPS was on the low side, I wanted a +2. Ever since his unanticipated +2 of 41 on Jan 29, I've felt compelled to check this when his AMPS seems suddenly low.

But, he gave us a lovely 95! ANd when I came in to test him, he gave an adorable combination stretch-and-loud-purr that cracked me up.

I'm still undecided about sticking with the feeding schedule or not. I posted the question on Health, butmost answers are concentraing on how much I am feeding. THAT, I can adjust, slide around, deal with, etc. I am more wondering if I should stick with the +4 and +8 fedings or combine into a +6, strictly from the point of view of helping his pancreas. I think if he is not terribly interested in that AM+4 again today and tomorrow, I might switch.

He is most hungry, it seems, at PM+3! Of course, now he will change that to make a liar out of me.

5. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

hi Lydia,

nice AMPS!

just to give u a little feedback on mini meals, we did them on Jill's suggestions, at preshot, +1, +2, +3 and +9, here and there slight adjustments, was easier for me, cuz I'm home, but it worked out, keeping track of when and how much on SS, watching the numbers in tune with the meals and snacks.
    Luna eats a 5.5 oz can a day, still the same today, and the idea is to spread that out thru the day into smaller portions.
    To this day, he is still at the same, and has maintained grazing on his own.

6. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

What beautiful numbers for Basil!! And a great WCR too. :thumbup

7. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Another nice day for Basil & Lydia, Yippee.
    I saw your post on health about feeding schedule as I too scrtach my
    head on this.
    I have been trying to feed Max more in the hours after the shot as I notice
    after +6 he sleeps mostly and insulin is starting to drop.
    For sure he is fed between +9 and +9.5 since food is gone at +10.

8. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Re: 2/12 Basil AMPS 85 +2=95 +8:20=99

So, green by the skin of his little toofies, with 99 at +8 (and about 20minutes).

He ate his full minimeal (1/4 can FF) at +4, but then came for his +8 mini and turned his nose up. I'm beginning to wonder if when he isn't feeling really really hungry, he is finicky, because I seem to remember him turning his nose up at FF Turkey with giblets before. Right now, he is playing kill the catnip banana.

Thanks for the encouragement today, friends.

9. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Re: 2/12 Basil PMPS=101

PMPS was 101. I thought it might be a little higher, since he ate a little bit at +10:20. He really does not like Turkey and Giblets.

Finished dinner, went to pee and came back in and pounced on that stuffed banana!

10. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Since the beans were up watching the Olympics, Basil was able to get a +4 tonight instead of his usual +3.

+4=69

I fed him his usual bedtime food and he ate the full amount--1/2 can FF. I now wonder, should I have fed him less and stayed up to test him? Should I still stay up? I suppose he could go down, but it seems unlikely to me with all that food.

Should I set an alarm and test during the night sometime? Advice appreciated!

11. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Well, I don't know. I think I will simply leave food...

12. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Sienne has mentioned to me that she doesn't go to bed without at least high 60s on an early check. i think you fit the criteria, since this is a +4, but i don't know Basil that well!

On the mini meals, I'll just add that they've worked very well for us. Cassandra always has promoted Early Snacks, which can help encourage surfing as the shot kicks in. When Kitty has NOT gotten his early snack, i tend to see lower nadirs -- not the nice, gentle lantus curve.

BTW: Basil sure is a cutie. :mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.