2/12 mocha pmps 84 +1 169

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by PeterDevonMocha, Feb 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5921

Question: I have been doing mini meals for mocha for the past few weeks now, and just recently started doing mini meals throughout the night. But peter pointed out to me this morning (since mocha is blue) that she is not getting nearly the amount these past few nights that she is used to getting. Now I am worried that she is blue because I am starving her. During the day, in the morning after her AMPS she starts out with a 1/2 can (3oz can) and almost never finishes it. Comes back an hour or two later and finishes it up. Then for the rest of the day she gets 1/8th of a 3oz can at each "snack" time posted on her SS. At her PMPS she also gets another 1/2 can (3oz can) and then she USED to get one full can and one full frozen can puck, which she generally ate all of it. Now she is only getting the 1/8th of a can a few times during the night. Am I not feeding her what she should be eating? Should I feed her more through the night? I figured she would not need as much because well, she is sleeping every time my alarm goes off to put out her food.

On another note, she had a very high PMPS number last night, and there is the possibility that she ate dry food that was left out, though neither me nor peter saw this actually happen. Could that have been the high before the break, the blue AMPS?

WCR: This morning I woke up to her batting a toy mouse around the house and then we played door hockey with it. She chased her toy, clifford, through the house too. She seems to be in an excellent mood, but I don't want to get the blues by starving her.

2. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 2/12 mocha amps 177, food question

Devon....how many cans does she eat in a day? I cannot figure it out....too early for my brain.
    Putty gets 2 (3 oz.) cans per day broken up into mini-meals....and a few Liv-a-Littles for snacks.

3. PeterDevonMocha

Re: 2/12 mocha amps 177 +2 174

Miriam, I can't honestly say offhand how many cans a day mocha eats. It varies, she does not have a set amount that I feed her. If she is sleeping, I won't wake her to eat, but if she is awake most of the day, she tends to eat about every hour, or every two hours. I think today I am going to keep track of how much she eats.

4. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Hi Devon,

To me... and again... only my opinion, I am thinking that Mocha's Bgs have been more 'normal' in the past week or so and it is normal for cats to be less 'starving' when their system is less crazy and yoyo and when nutrition actually goes to where it's supposed to go.

Yes, the number of calories is important because you don't want her weighing 100 lbs, but I think that is Mocha was starving (or low and in 'need' of a snack) at night, you wouldn't be sleeping! Likely she would alert you and the entire neighbourhood... at least that's what Tizon does! :lol:

Does Mocha appears to be off? This dose of insulin and the program she's on appears to be working great and that's wonderful!

Have a happy Friday!

5. Natasha & Seamus

Natasha & Seamus Member

I'm with Helene, if Mocha was hungry you'd know it. Seamus woke me out of a hardcore nap at exactly 5pm yesterday (by stepping in my curly hair and meowing IN my ear) because he was hungry. Her numbers have been excellent!

6. PeterDevonMocha

Re: 2/12 mocha amps 177 +2 174 +4 124

no, mocha is not acting any different then normal, but I have noticed the past few days, when I walk into the kitchen, she does not immediately follow me, like she has in the past. I know cat's do eat less when their numbers are lower, and I know that cause last time her number were low for awhile I thought she wasn't eating right so that warranted a stressed out trip to the vet! Now I know better!

She does eat what I put down in front of her though. Today she started out with 3/4 of a 3oz can, and ate about half of that for breakfast. She finished it at 10, when I did a spot check. Nothing to eat at 11 cause she was sleeping, and at 12 she ate 1/8 of a 3oz can.

Seems to be in a very good mood despite the loud roar of the horrendous vacuum monster that came out to play awhile ago.

7. Natasha & Seamus

Natasha & Seamus Member

Re: 2/12 mocha amps 177 +2 174 +4 124

That means shes regulating!

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 2/12 mocha amps 177 +2 174 +4 124 +5.5 87

Beautiful numbers for Mocha today.

What kind of feeder do you have? I have a 2 compartment one that once the lid opens, it's opened. If Gabby wants to eat the food is there until she eats. Maybe this style of feeder would be better suited to Mocha.

I also found that as Gabby was getting her numbers under better control, her food needs decreased.

9. PeterDevonMocha

Re: 2/12 mocha amps 177 +2 174 +4 124 +5.5 87

We do not have a timed feeder yet. That is on our list to get this weekend, because for the past few nights I have simply been setting my alarm and getting up about every two hours and feeding her 1/8th of a 3oz can.

10. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Re: 2/12 mocha +2 174 +4 124 +5.5 87 +7 62 +7.75 52 +8 54

Mocha, Mocha..... Look at you!
    Am thinkin this cat really really loves the special Tilly.... cat_pet_icon

11. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 2/12 mocha +2 174 +4 124 +5.5 87 +7 62 +7.75 52 +8 54

hmm...mini meals...sounds like a kitty I know :mrgreen:

I gotta agree - if she was starving - she would tell u -oh yes!! cat_pet_icon

Super nice day Mocha!

12. PeterDevonMocha

Re: 2/12 mocha pmps 84

ohhhhh baby! I am so giddy over this GREEN pmps! But we're playing it cool so mocha doesn't catch on!

13. Natasha & Seamus

Natasha & Seamus Member

Re: 2/12 mocha pmps 84

You can play it cool but OMFG WHOOOO HOOOO! Says Mocha's Canadian Aunt! Seamus was 90 at 9pm lastnight LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.