2/11 Dillan Day 2 OTJ Trial AMBG 97 PMBG 83

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dillan420, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dillan420

Dillan420 Member

Dillan is doing good today he slept with us all last night which is unusual he usually gets up and is a night prowler. Hope everyone is doing good this morning. :mrgreen:

How long does it take usually for the shed to empty? It seems like Dillan likes to run slightly higher numbers in the morning, but at least there wasn't any hairballs this time :D

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5831

2. Chris & Mally

Chris & Mally Member

Re: 2/11 Dillan Day 2 OTJ Trial AMBG 97

Nice AMBG! Happy Day 2! :smile:

3. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

:lol: what shed? Dillan is on his own!

Happy Day 2!
    :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

4. Dillan420

Dillan420 Member

Nice, that makes the number even that much better :D :mrgreen: :D :RAHCAT

5. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

:dizcat Happy Day 2 for Dillan :dizcat

4 hours or so after eating, the BGs are lower showing the pancreas is working. So, if you have a timed feeder for Dillon during the night, maybe you would see lower AMBGs if you fed him at +8 or so. I am not sure what the food situation is while he is prowling... :lol: but as I always say in my posts to trial kitties, I got up to give Raja a snack at 4am and it always showed much lower AMBGs....

Dillan is doing very well....AMBG=97 is terrific!! But if you see the AMBGs creeping into higher blues, you might want to look into the snack idea, k? They don't have to be in the low 50s or something like that to have a successful trial....as long as they are within the good healing numbers, it is all good!!! :mrgreen:

6. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Day 2!!!
    Dillan is looking amazing.

7. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Downright awesome! GO DILLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

8. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Happy Day 2 Dillan!!!

:RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

9. Dillan420

Dillan420 Member

Re: 2/11 Dillan Day 2 OTJ Trial AMBG 97 +6 61

I'm sure liking Dillan's mid day numbers more then his morning numbers. Oh well they're all green in the end so we're happy :mrgreen:

10. Dillan420

Dillan420 Member

Another good PMBG number, a little less then last night so thats a good sign :smile: I forgot to answer your question or suggestion Pat. We usually pull Dillan's food from him before we go to bed so +6 or so and we always take his food away for his mid day test 2 hours before the test

11. Dillan420

Dillan420 Member

Wouldn't you just be faking your numbers during the trial if you feed 4 hours before your AMBG for it is lower?

12. Natasha & Seamus

Natasha & Seamus Member

Re: 2/11 Dillan Day 2 OTJ Trial AMBG 97 PMBG 83 Question?

Hey Mike

Congrats on the OTJ Trial.

What I notice with my cat since he's been OTJ is that he eats when HE wants to eat. I still get up every morning and feed him at 7am, then I feed when his dish is empty (say 10:30am-11:00am, half a can) so he can graze, if its empty in the afternoon, he may want more and he may not. He still gets his PM meal at 5pm (and he knows when its 5pm, he will track me down & herd me to his bowl) Then he gets his late night meal whenever I go to bed (12am-1am) and we start all over again.

I'm not sure if anythings changed since I've been OTJ, but since Dillan is off insulin, it's not really "faking" your numbers. You feed to make sure the insulin doesn't crash him down, now he's trying to regulate that himself. If that makes sense? But Seamus' OTJ trial numbers were always higher in the AM then the PM

13. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Happy Day 2!

At this point multiple small meals is better for Dillan's healing pancreas (or even free feeding, unless he is the type who will gorge on the food when you first put it out). It doesn't really matter what time you feed him since you're not giving shots. It also doesn't matter exactly when you test him, so if you usually test at 7 but tonight you can do it til 8, no big deal!

If he starts to go up, then we'll be more picky about noting times, etc. because we'll need to look for patterns, but as long as he is staying in a good range then this trial is more about teaching his body to keep the numbers down without insulin.

14. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I don't think feeding 4 hrs before shot time is cheating! If that's when Dillan is hungry, let him eat.

AM numbers are often higher. It has to do with dawn phenomenon. There is a normal release of cortisol, an endogenous steroid hormone, that helps to prepare the body for the day ahead. Like any steroid, cortisol causes BG to increase. It's often why the AMPS number is the last one to come down.

15. Dillan420

Dillan420 Member

Thanks everyone for your responses,
    It was funny, once dillan was on the low doses of insulin he started to free feed better and not gorge on the food so we could try to start free feeding again and see how he does with it. So I guess we do not worry about food spikes before the BG tests anymore? I can just leave food out for him at all times now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.