2/11 Quincy AMPS 114 - how to measure 0.10?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Laura and Quincy, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laura and Quincy

Laura and Quincy Member

Thanks again for all the birthday wishes. Quincy gave himself a birthday present last night by earning a dosecrease. Now we're at 0.10 - hope it sticks!

Question: I've studied and studied the very helpful photos of the different microdoses, but I was wondering if anyone had tips on how they measured 0.10 themselves? I want to make sure it's different from 0.25, but also don't want to shortchange Quincy. This morning I tried measuring the dose just below the first line on the syringe (the 0 line, I guess), with a little light showing through. So it's kind of like a fat zero in a way. Does that make sense? We saw some major action with 0.25, with several nights of measures in the 50s and even one in the 40s relatively early on (at +3 or +4) so definitely want this to be a decrease. Yet now it feels like there's nothing there. It's crazy how powerful this stuff is!

Yesterday's thread

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Start with a few used syringes and use some fruit juice, wine (leftover of course :lol: ) or even milk, practice practice..u can even label one syringe as your sample to compare.

Nice AMPS Quincy!

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Try pushing out what was the .25 does on a plate and then measure the .10u and do the same....that might help you with a visual.
    Also, when injecting, make sure that you keep the plunger depressed as you pull the syringe out...with that small a dose, you
    don't want to release the syringe inside cause the tiny bit of insulin could get sucked back into the needle. So Inject, keep the plunger depressed and remove the syringe. KWIM?

4. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Laura--This is what I have gone by since I first came--Hope it helps you! To measure 0.10.
    Here's the link:http://www.romlin.com/jock/SyringeFineGradations/

5. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

you measure that very very carefully, with bright lights and a magnifying glass, lol! I find those micro doses so hard to do, but i try to be consisitent with where the syringe is at. I know that there are days when Spot gets .2 and there are days when he may get a .1...it is very hard for me to get it just right. Good luck w/the micro dose!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.