11/26 J.D. PMPS 325

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dyana, Nov 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

156 +10.5 (off to vet)
    158 PMPS (back from vet)
    238 +5
    305 +9.5

I was pretty impressed with J.D.'s BGs not going up while at the vet, yesterday.

He ate for two last night. J.D. and Ginger ate 1st Dinner just fine. Then J.D. acted like he was starving and kept stealing (I let him) pieces of the lettuce from my salad and then quickly spitting it out :lol: so I gave him some rotisserie chicken at +1.5. At +2 he ate his 2nd Dinner and Ginger's, and at +5 he ate his 3rd Dinner and Ginger's.
    Ginger was finally hungry this morning dancing_cat and both have eaten their 1st Breffis and 2nd Breffis.

I accidently set the thermometer to ac last night :oops: I was wondering why it felt a little chilly in here. Glad J.D. had his heating pad.

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Re: 11/26 J.D. AMPS 443

Good morning guys! J.D. what are you doing up on the red floor? You should be a good boy since your momma gave you chicken AND lettuce and come down, ok? Hope you guys have a great day!

3. Harley and Pattie

Harley and Pattie Well-Known Member

ac on...brrrrr. J.D., you need to come down to a better color. A bounce from the 158 or is stress from vet finally settling in?

Have a good day Dyana.

Pattie

4. DD & Tinkerbell

DD & Tinkerbell Well-Known Member

J.D. you are so much handsomer in blue, come down from there!

5. Linda for Weezer

Linda for Weezer Well-Known Member

Those mumbers at vet visit time are pretty impressive. Maybe it just took time for him to digest what had happened, and now he's stressing over it. PTSD.

6. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 11/26 J.D. AMPS 443 - Bloodwork Back

A vet (not J.D.'s regular vet) just called with the bloodwork results and the first thing he asked me was J.D. on insulin.
    He said all bloodwork was good (kidneys, liver, thyroid, WBC, etc), except his blood sugar was 170 (so I guess the blood test - however they test for blood sugar at IDEXX - showed 12 to 14 points higher than my glucometer did).
    The vet said not change his insulin dose...little does he know about all the testing I do at home.

We should get the results of the urine culture late next week, sometime.

7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Great news about the blood work!!

IMHO, the fact that the vet wanted to know if you were giving insulin is a positive. How many times to we read about a vet not treating FD if the values aren't over 200?

8. Linda for Weezer

Linda for Weezer Well-Known Member

Good report!

9. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Very nice report and I think if the lab's BG number was only 12-14 higher than your glucometer...that's pretty darn accurate for your glucometer!!

Hope you also get a great urine report!!

10. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I've always been happy with my One Touch. When my vet and I have compared our meters using the same drop of blood, it's been within 8 to 10 points.

11. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

HOORAY FOR GOOD TEST RESULTS!!!!!!!!!!

AND :lol: :lol: AT "PTSD"

12. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Bravo, J.D.!! :D :D

Ella & Rusty

13. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Happy News on J.D.'s bloodwork!!! :RAHCAT :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

14. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Re: 11/26 J.D. AMPS 443, +10.25 314

Great news on the bloodwork! I hope the culture comes back with good news as well.

15. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Thanks Linda. One thing I don't understand is the waiting for about a week for the culture to come back before starting ABs (which I dread doing, anyway nailbite_smile ) in a diabetic cat with a possible infection. He seems okay, though.
    He just ate 1st Dinner, and he slept most of the day away.

Except for ... at +5.5 when I caught him eating Ginger's EVO dry! ... that the bad mommy left out and within J.D.'s range.

16. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Maybe the vet feels that the likelihood of a UTI is low, based on the other normal test results, so he is waiting for the culture results. If J.D. had looked more ill, or if there was an elevated white blood cell count, perhaps he would have gone ahead and started him on an AB. It shouldn't take a full week, but the weekend and holiday are probably slowing everything down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.