2/9/10 Latte AMPS-257, PMPS~210

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carolynandlatte, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Latte must have thought her party was TODAY!
    She was so excited, she woke me up at 4am walking all over me! I told her tomorrow, my dear...but then a little later she came back and asked me again, Today?!?!
    Once she got the hint, she was so disappointed that she went under the piano in her cozy spot...hoping to sleep the time away, I guess. She had no interest in waking up when i needed her to. I talked to her about it and she finally decided she could wait one more day.

Lowest amps for a few days. She is eating well, drinking lots, and quite the busy body this a.m....which may mean a decent drop. With me doing double duty at work, Im a little nervous nailbite_smile Will get a +2 shortly and see what she may do with her day.

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 2/9/10 Latte AMPS-257

The day will just drag by for little Latte today....so cute the way you describe her anticipation.
    hope you both have a good day...maybe she will rest up since you won't be around to bother her.....
    :lol:
    Everyone is getting prepared and they are all so excited about the paty...Latte will be the star of the show...
    Have you told everyone the time and given directions? Is there anything we can do to help with the plans?
    Let me know...we are all anxiously awaiting tomorrow! :YMHUG:

3. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 2/9/10 Latte AMPS-257

I hope the snow does not keep us from the pahty (as we say in Boston).
    Yay for the lowest AMPS in a few days.
    Have a good day Carolyn.

4. carolynandlatte

Re: 2/9/10 Latte AMPS-257, +2-167, +3-104

nailbite_smile

5. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Looking good. Sorry it has to be nerve-racking. "eating good" is not usually in her WCR, so it's very encouraging. Hope she saves room for party favors.

6. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

Sounds like Latte wanted to wake you up to see her pretty numbers!! :mrgreen:

Good girl Latte! Now keep on eating into a pretty surf for the day!

7. Carolyn and Spot

Carolyn and Spot Well-Known Member

verra nice!

8. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Very Nice numbers there Latte!! Moonie is bringing low carb tunaritas!--We love a party!
    Going green today Latte?? Have a good day!

9. carolynandlatte

quick note as I gotta hussle and pour some drinks...

I dont think she is feeling well tonight. Hissed at me for first time ever...at home, and she smells...urine? something else? She ate some kibble around +10 and +11. Took treats and some bbabyfood at shot time. I feel bad I had to run out the door. I hope she doesnt feel too bad for the party tomorrow.

Late a.m. pre party. Action starts after pmps,s

nighty!

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Nice numbers for your girl today.

So I sleep better, please get a ketone test. Anytime a kitty smells of something, I think ketones. I realize she may have stepped on a pee pad, but better safe than sorry. (And heaven knows she drinks enough to keep ketones away, but....)

11. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

Hi Carolyn,

I am one of those folks. sorry you feel deserted. I haven't been around very much. Winnie is GA and LL has grown very large. I try to come by when someone gives me a buzz and 2 members kindly did so about what is going on w/ Latte and so here I am !
    I would be happy to try and help you navigate these tricky waters.
    I do need to go back and read some of your last posts a little more thoroughly and study your ss a bit.
    Perhaps there are other things you have to share or questions you would like to ask.
    You can click to Winnie's profile in my sig. line to see all her various health issues that we were juggling.

I did read a little and think that right now you do have room to up your lantus ,as you did. See where that takes you first.
    R is a great and very powerful tool only to be used very judiciously .
    I found that it's greatest use is when Winnie was having a p-titis flare or a constipation flare, or a cystitis flare or..... well you get the idea. you can't chase those numbers with lantus. But I think is a little premature to go too much into it's use right now. Let's see what some extra lantus can do.

I also was only interested in keeping Winnie's bg below her kidney threshold. For her that was 200.
    She would otherwise suddenly decide to have a good day ( great !) but that might mean she would drop like a rock and then we would be riding lowlands.

One thing that I ask you to consider right off the bat is splitting her pred dose, so she gets it 2x a day.
    Winnie was on dex, and that's what we did. really helped a lot. Evens out the cycles and makes dosing and shooting so much better.

Please ask questions.and fill me in on anything that may not be up to date in your profile,etc..

Prioritizing medical issues is not fun or easy. And although now you are feeling frustrated, FD really is the easiest dx on latte's plate to deal with. It will be ok . hang in there.

will do some catch up reading on latte and be back tomorrrow. pm me if you need something before then.

scritches to latte,

12. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

Just wanted to stop by and let you know I was thinking about you and Latte, Carolyn. I can't offer advice, but I can offer hugs and positive thoughts. So, (((((Carolyn and Latte)))))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.