12/31 Alex AMPS HI,PMPS~HI,+2~481

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA), Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

It's been 3 cycles again...
    Great way to end the year :roll:
    WCR: I can't see anything wrong with Alex......
    just a little looser stools than usual(not diahrrea) from Clavamox
    Great appetite
    Good mood(for him)
    Jumping around...
    not licking or biting his penis(ie doesn't appear to have bladder pain)
    WCR:(whole Caryl report)dumbfounded as usual these days

Happy & Healthy New Year to you all and your families and of course your kitties :D

yesterday...

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=405

2. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Re: 12/31 Alex AMPS HI~ Dose Increase?

+2~303

3. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hi Caryl!

sorry about the HI number, that sucks :(
    I'm sure you'll hear feedback soon enough!

Just wanted to say also, I hope the best for you, Alex and Jackson in the New Year! :)

4. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Awww Look at Luna's party hat :)

Thanks Ronnie and of course to you and our family too !♥

5. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Caryl, Pending any major changes by the PM cycle, why don't you take Alex up to 3.5u tonight. Normally we would recommend a 0.25u increase here because of the numbers in the 200's, but those are most likely being brought from the R doses. We do have a condition for this recommendation, and that is that you hold off on shooting R for awhile until we can actually see how low the Lantus is taking him. Is that do-able?

About the pain med discussion from yesterday's condo - To determine if there is pain in cats, the treatment is to give pain meds and see if the issue resolves. The issue here is the BG's, which could be a direct reflection of pain. Cats are stoic creatures and many do not show outward signs of pain. The BG's are a good place to look, though, and if he does have cystitis then he is most likely in lots of pain and it's not reflecting in his actions but rather in his BG's.

Is there any chance you can get some Buprenex from the vet to see if it does help? You should be able to tell with a dose or two. Every time Sasha has had elevated BG's from pain the Bupe brought the numbers right down within hours.

6. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

I am not going to raise him until tomorrow AM because I won't be here this evening....but I can't get anything from the vet until Saturday because he isn't around. I'm pretty sure he'd write me an Rx for it.. I know he doesn't have it at his office.....I asked him. He hadn't heard of it I don't think. I just read about it and it sounds like it may be a problem for cats with heart murmurs? do you know?

7. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

PS Cassandra

Oh and yes tomorrow I can shoot the Lantus without the R to see what's going on.....I'll be here all day

8. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

so far Lantus alone not doing much...I didn't go out, my wallet got clipped when I went out to get cat litter before I was going to get ready to go out so I can monitor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.